Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 01:27 AM

1,448 posts, read 3,097,030 times

Advertisements

Illegals Are Leaving Arizona. Enjoy Picking Your Own Veggies, Gringo

Quote:
Many illegals in Arizona are choosing to leave on their own rather than face the possibility of detainment due to the new anti-immigration laws. Way to go Arizona, who are you going to pay to build your fence now?
Quote:
You’re gonna wish you hadn’t signed that bill next week when the governor’s mansion’s lawn starts to look like crap Governor Brewer
Guanabee | Illegals Are Leaving Arizona. Enjoy Picking Your Own Veggies, Gringo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 02:34 AM

422 posts, read 1,267,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post

Guanabee | Illegals Are Leaving Arizona. Enjoy Picking Your Own Veggies, Gringo.
The unemployed legal citizens of AZ will be picking the veggies.
Did you hear about Pro's Ranch Markets in Phoenix? They fired 300 illegal employees. Hundreds of people applied for those jobs couple of weeks ago.

Old 05-05-2010, 07:57 AM

9,885 posts, read 10,894,574 times
Yep, I saw an estimate of 100,000 decrease in the illegal population of Arizona. Most went to Colorado and California, it appears.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:06 AM

21,144 posts, read 41,998,817 times
Quote:

What a bunch of guano, Guanabee-----------especially in this hurt economy.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:11 AM

442 posts, read 961,685 times
My son who is out of work and lives in NV is going there to work. Finally he can get a job.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:21 AM

157 posts, read 136,685 times
My youngest brother (under 16) just found out he was hired to pick strawberries in June. He's happy as he wants to earn his own $$$. There are other American teenagers who applied for and got jobs at the fruit farm for summer also. I don't understand where this attitude comes from that Americans won't work. Maybe in some really affluent areas--I don't know. But around here, everyone works whatever they can find; no job is beneath anyone. Teachers paint houses and do yard work or other odd jobs in the summer to earn extra cash for their families.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:22 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,495,212 times
One would think illegals are performing brain surgery, or their “skills” require an advanced degree. Don’t they realize anyone who needs a job can replace them? Good riddance!

Old 05-05-2010, 08:29 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,267,820 times
Quote:

There are unlimited visas for ag work for legal immigrants. Does that answer your question?

Old 05-05-2010, 08:38 AM

157 posts, read 136,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
One would think illegals are performing brain surgery, or their “skills” require an advanced degree. Don’t they realize anyone who needs a job can replace them? Good riddance!
Benicar, I just think that they have been told that they are indispensable over and over by our political elites and others who have a vested interest in keeping the borders open and they just believe it. They want to believe it and they don't know any better. I don't blame them so much for believing it, but I do blame those pushing this BS as they surely know better.

The other thing I've thought is that, even if there turns out to be a shortage of workers in some areas, why couldn't those slots be filled by those waiting to immigrate legally, who show some respect for this country, its laws, its people?

I've just been really disturbed by the attitude of some of these people saying that they are here and aren't going anywhere. Like I've said before, I don't blame someone for wanting a better life. And it must be very tempting to come here by hook or by crook when you live so close to the U.S and you are stuck in a dysfunctional, corrupt country. But this arrogant attitude that once they make it across the border, then they have a "right" to stay here is what really sends me. I don't think this would be tolerated in any other nation and I don't know why it is being tolerated here.

Last edited by majesticat; 05-05-2010 at 08:40 AM.. Reason: punctuation

Old 05-05-2010, 08:47 AM

50,059 posts, read 46,593,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Who the H*** do they think did these jobs before the invasion? Santa Claus? I used to mow lawns and trim trees for cash as a kid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration