U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 12:16 PM

1,251 posts, read 2,127,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
It's not the fact that they are wearing the jerseys, it's the politically reasoning they have put behind wearing them this year.
Like I said in another post, they'd probably do it anyway, despite what Steve Nash has to say. He has a bit of a political streak in him. The Spurs were ready to do the same thing, but couldn't get the jerseys made in time. Ka-ching!

It's Cinco de Mayo! Perfect hump day excuse for a drink or 5!

Old 05-05-2010, 12:20 PM

3,717 posts, read 4,497,749 times
One thing I'd suggest is that if The Suns are now going to be more politically involved, PLEASE don't stop here, there will be plenty for the Suns to become active with...Good Luck !

I'm sure the Sharpton & Glover won't have a problem
getting seats tonight after the nice little parade they
are having today

ANYONE, BUT ESPECIALLY A PROFESSIONAL SPORTS TEAM TO ENDORSE CRIMINAL ACTIVITY IS JUST NOT RIGHT !

Old 05-05-2010, 12:20 PM

16,116 posts, read 20,155,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
So when this law goes into effect it'll be no Baseball, No Basketball, and probably no Football.

Old 05-05-2010, 12:22 PM

8,640 posts, read 7,734,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
Everyone is always afraid of what's different.

GO LOS SUNS!

The word would be CRIMINAL not different. That is probably why you are confused.

Old 05-05-2010, 12:25 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,427,088 times
defying the law is a tradition. like a girl that never says no, the boys are surprised when she does and think there is something wrong with her.

Old 05-05-2010, 12:27 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by student123456 View Post
You people are f-ing lame, go to school and get a degree. Learn your history and the genocide and murder your fore-fathers committed. Half of our country we STOLE from Mexico and now you put up this "border" in order to keep out Mexicans. The same Mexicans that NAFTA exploits? In order to understand why immigrants are coming to the United States why don't you dumb-sh*ts wake up and realize the exploitation, displacement and poverty that US imperialism causes on a global scale. What made you people so great? Because you were born in this country? Why don't you take some time and actually read about globalization and transnational companies? Why don't you learn about exploitation that the US imposes on 3rd world countries that hinder their chances to advance socially, politically and economically? I think the United States truly incumbents the most ignorant people in the world when in reality all of you "legals" are given all of the resources in the world.
Is your anger also directed towards the Spanish conquistadors who conquered the Aztecs, etc. or maybe your rage should be focused on the above who beat up weaker Indian groups so they could cut out some beating human hearts?

Old 05-05-2010, 12:56 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,072,228 times
this was already planned. and many other sports teams don spanish language jerseys on some days...

i particularly like MLB's "los cervezeros" AKA the Brewers.

not a big deal at all.

it just happens to coincide with the az immig stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
The league should demand they DO NOT do this.

This is America and our language is ENGLISH.

Supporting criminal terrorist from Mexico is wrong.

The MAJORITY of people who live in Arizona and the rest of America SUPPORT the new bill, why on earth would the Suns be so stupid and support illegal criminals is beyond any understanding.

I SAY BOYCOTT THE SUNS for being anti American.

Old 05-05-2010, 12:59 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,072,228 times
its not for illegals!!!! its for hispanics and mexicans.

these teams do it in appreciation for latino fans.

its not new. it just currently coincides with the AZ law.

major fail on your part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Apparently he's one of two in the NBA.

Too much of a minority to be wearing Los on their jerseys to show "solidarity" for Cinco de Mayo or "illegals".

Do illegals watch anything but Chivas?

It's totally stupid. Pandering.

Probably trying to boost viewership for their games.

Old 05-05-2010, 01:01 PM

2,477 posts, read 2,202,665 times
I find it funny the stupidity of people.....So the Suns will show there support for people who broke the law and are here illegallly,dont pay taxes and riot in the streets.

I say legal citizens should boycott The Suns.

This is just another slap in the face of legal citizens!

Old 05-05-2010, 01:27 PM

3,852 posts, read 8,026,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
I find it funny the stupidity of people.....So the Suns will show there support for people who broke the law and are here illegallly,dont pay taxes and riot in the streets.

I say legal citizens should boycott The Suns.

This is just another slap in the face of legal citizens!
How could that possibly be a slap in the face? Funny. My face isn't slapped...

Geez, people are sure boycott happy these days. I suppose boycott is the new sue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration