U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 08:28 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,836,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
He's right - it's called a ticket. They are "profiling" all the folks who are "unticketed patrons".
I suppose you condone this vile ticket profiling. Itís discrimination, and it needs to stop. Anyone should be able to enter and enjoy the game. Whatís wrong with you tickist people?

Old 05-05-2010, 09:10 PM

7 posts, read 2,979 times
go los suns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-05-2010, 09:50 PM

11,435 posts, read 15,984,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
The league should demand they DO NOT do this.

This is America and our language is ENGLISH.

Supporting criminal terrorist from Mexico is wrong.

The MAJORITY of people who live in Arizona and the rest of America SUPPORT the new bill, why on earth would the Suns be so stupid and support illegal criminals is beyond any understanding.

I SAY BOYCOTT THE SUNS for being anti American.
god, is there something wrong with me?!!!! I actually agree with sunny days. I feel like I need to see a psych now.

Old 05-05-2010, 09:52 PM

7 posts, read 2,979 times
I need one of them Los Suns Jersey.

Old 05-05-2010, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
There are MANY people in Phoenix that are clearly upset about this and a lot of season pass holders upset as well. There will be a backlash. This is clearly disappointing to me as I am a Suns fan and I'm happy to have them be one of my escapes from the politics of everyday life, yet now they are politically involved. If it comes down to a choice between secure borders or the Phoenix Suns, a secure border is always going to win. Suns Managing Partner Robert Sarver should not be using athletes for his own personal political agenda.

I'm frankly tired of the millionaire celebrities and sports figures trying to influence those of us who live in the "REAL WORLD".
AMEN. They should have stayed out of this.

Old 05-05-2010, 09:56 PM

17 posts, read 8,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Absolutely SHAMEFUL, IMMATURE and RIDICULOUS!

Why would the Suns, from Players to Owners, choose to introduce politics into a sporting event in a feeble attempt to make a statement.

I am proud of the "los suns", they are wearing the "los suns" uniforms again tonite, only the "ridiculous" racists are angry about it

go "LOS SUNS" !!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-05-2010, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raui View Post
I am proud of the "los suns", they are wearing the "los suns" uniforms again tonite, only the "ridiculous" racists are angry about it

go "LOS SUNS" !!!!!!!!!!
No need to bring out the race card. I am mexican-american and FOR AZ's new law. After living in so cal for 15 years and seeing firsthand what the illegals did to it, I don't want the rest of the country to end up like that. I am a taxpaying American and feel that this law needs to be given a chance to work. if it does lead to extensive racial profiling of mexican americans, then it should be abolished. but we should give it a chance.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:27 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,590,837 times
Did you guys know that the Suns always had that jersey though? The media is trying to make it look like The Suns are only doing this to protest the law, but they have been using that jersey to recognize their latino community for some time now.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:48 PM

31,777 posts, read 24,058,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
It's not the fact that they are wearing the jerseys, it's the politically reasoning they have put behind wearing them this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
Looks like I'll be cheering the Spurs on. They're my new hometown team so I would be going for them anyway.
Spurs liked the idea, but it was too late for them to get an approval from the league office.

I feel sorry for you.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:49 PM

3,802 posts, read 4,526,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Did you guys know that the Suns always had that jersey though? The media is trying to make it look like The Suns are only doing this to protest the law, but they have been using that jersey to recognize their latino community for some time now.
It was fine until Suns owner made the statement on Tuesday
"Mr. Sarver called Arizona's new immigration law flawed"

And

"There is a political statement, and that is that we felt like however well intended, the law was not right Ö but it raises a couple of important, really important issues," said Suns General Manager Steve Kerr. "One is just human rights, constitutional rights in our country which are so important to the United States, and two is the economic impact its having on our state we're losing a lot of business a lot of jobs."

Seems to me Sarver & Kerr have not taken the time to read the LAW
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration