Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 01:21 AM

111 posts, read 132,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
PHOENIX (AP) - The conflict over a sweeping crackdown on illegal immigration in Arizona intensified Monday as vandals smeared refried beans in the shape of swastikas on the state Capitol's windows.
More protests were planned Monday after thousands gathered this weekend to demonstrate against a bill that will make it a state crime to be an illegal immigrant in Arizona.
Opponents say the law will lead to rampant racial profiling and turn Arizona into a police state with provisions that require police to question people about their immigrant status if they suspect they are here illegally. Day laborers can be arrested for soliciting work if they are in the U.S. illegally, and police departments can be sued if they don't carry out the law.
But supporters of the law, set to take effect in late July or August, say it is necessary to protect Arizonans from a litany of crimes committed by illegal immigrants. Arizona is home to an estimated 460,000 illegal immigrants.
Gov. Jan Brewer, who signed the bill on Friday, argues Arizona must act because the federal government has failed to stop the steady stream of illegal immigrants and drugs that move through Arizona from Mexico. She is scheduled to speak about the issue Monday at a Tucson hotel.
The law has revved up the national debate, drawing the attention of the Obama administration and Congress. Obama has called the new law "misguided" and instructed the Justice Department to examine it to see if it's legal.
Refried Bean Swastikas Smeared On Arizona Capitol

That is just plain sickening and sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 01:26 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,379,099 times
when they do stuff like that it makes me think they really dont like german people much do they. they didnt come here bek of fondness huh?

Old 05-05-2010, 01:43 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,043,506 times
I know they were investigating the incident. Did they ever findout who did it?

Old 05-05-2010, 03:53 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,786,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juced View Post
Refried Bean Swastikas Smeared On Arizona Capitol

That is just plain sickening and sad.
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that it's not a supporter of the new law that did it...

Old 05-05-2010, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that it's not a supporter of the new law that did it...

I'd say staunch supporter. I've heard it was Neo Nazi's.

Old 05-06-2010, 12:23 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,786,434 times
Quote:
Really, as opposed to the people that are already comparing the law to Nazism?

Old 05-06-2010, 10:57 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,413,619 times
Quote:
Pray tell - where did you hear this from?

Old 05-06-2010, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Pray tell - where did you hear this from?
Who else would put swastikas on public buildings? People who want to send a message. Who sends this message of hate? Neo Nazi's and the like.

Old 05-06-2010, 03:29 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,413,619 times
Quote:
Who else would put swastikas on public buildings? People who want to send a message. Who sends this message of hate? Neo Nazi's and the like.
You must have a sloppy short-term memory. I'll remind you of what you said earlier:

Quote:
So I'll ask again; where did you hear that it was Neo Nazi's[sic]?

Old 05-06-2010, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
You must have a sloppy short-term memory. I'll remind you of what you said earlier:

So I'll ask again; where did you hear that it was Neo Nazi's[sic]?
I saw it on CNN

Quote:
BLITZER: One final question. Those refried beans in the shape of a swastika at the state capital in Phoenix today, I don't know if you saw the pictures, but it was pretty horrendous.

What was behind that?

GORDON: You know, first of all, the police don't know who put it on. There's allegations on both sides that each other's side did it. We have anarchists here now coming in and we also have extreme militia and hate groups, neo-Nazi groups coming in to try to ferment dis -- to, you know, violence and breaking the peace. And I know that I've been, on my own house, picketed by neo-Nazi signs and stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration