U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 02:27 AM

2,441 posts, read 5,935,279 times

Advertisements

The city councils of both Arizona cities have voted to sue the State of Arizona over the new immigration law.

Arizona immigration law: 2 city councils to sue state

The state will buckle any day now. It cannot handle lawsuits from two major population centers in the state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 02:34 AM

205 posts, read 523,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiman View Post
The city councils of both Arizona cities have voted to sue the State of Arizona over the new immigration law.

The state will buckle any day now. It cannot handle lawsuits from two major population centers in the state.

Interesting. I remember when AZ refused to acknowledge Dr. King's birthday and the 1992 tourist boycott. They changed their minds in a hurry.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:45 AM

55,237 posts, read 72,427,088 times
lawyers will be the downfall of america, the citizens no longer rule the land, lawyers do. civil rights law has been used extensively to successfully attack immigration and criminal law.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:50 AM

8,640 posts, read 7,734,561 times
Want to bet they are Mexican? Now why would we expect our elected officals (or Mexicans by the looks of it) to respect the rule of law.

Old 05-05-2010, 09:40 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:

Being that more and more states are looking at their own versions of SB1070..........I suspect that Tucson and Flagstaff will back down.

Again: miamiman; watch the ECONOMY............there are way too many people out of work to coddle a bunch of losers (illegal aliens) who have no right to be here in the first place.

Old 05-05-2010, 09:43 AM

32,801 posts, read 30,052,880 times
Proof anyone can sue for anything at anytime no matter how absurd.

Old 05-05-2010, 09:43 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvetta View Post
Interesting. I remember when AZ refused to acknowledge Dr. King's birthday and the 1992 tourist boycott. They changed their minds in a hurry.
Apples and oranges here: Dr King fought for Civil Rights for all Americans---------illegal aliens have the same rights as any other criminal at best.

Besides: hostility is growing against the mere presense of said ilegals.

Old 05-05-2010, 09:45 AM

32,801 posts, read 30,052,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Apples and oranges here: Dr King fought for Civil Rights for all Americans---------illegal aliens have the same rights as any other criminal at best.

Besides: hostility is growing against the mere presense of said ilegals.
10 States are looking for the same relief, some how, some way they will start to stick. Illegals and their cheer leaders are just going to have to get used to it. If nothing else the sentiment has turned extremely nasty and that's not turning back regardless of what anyone "sues" for.

We tax payers have been on the defensive long enough, it's time for a little offense.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:16 AM

5,361 posts, read 7,056,012 times
Quote:

As a former resident of Tucson for 17 years up until recently, I can say that the Tucson city council are nothing but a bunch of liberal clowns who have been successful only in making themselves look stupid. They cannot even successfully build a new convention hotel that has been talked about now for years. They are corrupt, have mismanaged MILLIONS of dollars to the point of being broke, are almost at the point of pushing their biggest moneymaker (Tucson Mineral and Gem Show) out of town, and their "vision" of Rio Nuevo has been nothing but a boondoggle. They have done next to nothing to help lure new corporations to the city to help create "good" jobs. I used to be proud to say I was from Tucson, but now I am just embarrassed.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:48 AM

8,256 posts, read 9,105,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvetta View Post
Do you know why so many people opposed the MLK day? It had nothing to do with race...well, maybe with some people...but the biggest reason was that they didn't see any reason for yet another holiday for government employees. Admittedly the people who used that reason were full of sour grapes because it didn't benefit THEM but still that was the reason they gave. Unfortunately, at the time, we had the most bigotted, prejudiced and racist governor the state has ever had. Or at least he was the most vocal and most were glad when he was impeached. I've often wondered if the state had voted down a day honoring a white man would there have been such an outcry? Possibly, but they couldn't have claimed "racism". I voted FOR the holiday. But I have never had a paid holiday because of it.

The MLK argument, that so many people keep bringing up, reminds me of a bad marriage where the same old argument gets brought up over and over no matter what the NEW issues are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration