U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 04:00 PM

25,348 posts, read 16,290,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
This done by who?

Oh, I'm thinking of those that were at the criminal immigrant protests in AZ a couple weeks ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 04:04 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Oh, I'm thinking of those that were at the criminal immigrant protests in AZ a couple weeks ago.
LOL thats what I thought you meant. I wonder what spin the media would put on such behavior.
Oh I know they were incited to violence by 1 person of the many thousand who had a sign that read:Enforce our laws.

Old 05-12-2010, 04:06 PM

7,022 posts, read 5,773,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreXican View Post
Even if this gets 100,000 people to march, it will only receive a tiny blurb on most major news networks. It may not even receive coverage from CNN, unless the headline of the story was "Controversial and Violent Tea-Party Members March against Hispanics and Other Minorities".
Now if this were an anti-SB1070 march, it'd be front page material supplanting the oil spill and floods in Nashville, having the headline: "Honest Hardworking Immigrants Oppose Nazi Arizona Laws".
I just choked on my drink. It'd be funny if it weren't true but those are exactly the kind of headlines we can expect to see. HuffPost will immediately put up all the racist signs they can photoshop, er, find, and claim that's what most Americans really believe.

Old 05-12-2010, 04:30 PM

555 posts, read 735,823 times
The date of this rally has just been changed to June 12 so other large groups can attend. The information is at ALIPAC.com Americans Legal Immigration PAC. Join ALIPAC & Americans Legal Immigration PAC ALIPAC under the Announcements forum.

I would post the direct link, but I have been banned from the ALIPAC website by my IP address. I can use a proxy server to read only, but can't determine links.

I would hope one of you would start a new thread with the June 12 date and a direct link.

Old 05-13-2010, 07:11 AM

60,155 posts, read 30,614,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
FOR NATIONAL RELEASE

May 12, 2010

(866) 703-0864 WilliamG@alipac.us
Phil Russo of Tea Party Patriots Live
(615) 419-6016 libertyandprosperity1776@gmail.com

Several national and local groups are dropping plans for a June 5 rally in Phoenix Arizona to unite with more groups on June 12 to form a larger rally in support of the state of Arizona, SB 1070, and the enforcement of our existing border and immigration laws.

Americans for Legal Immigration PAC (ALIPAC) and Tea Party Patriots Live decided to combine strength on June 12 to lower confusion about multiple events and to increase turnout and political impact.

This historic combined event will be on Saturday, June 12, 2010 from 4-7pm in Bolin Memorial Park, which is located at 1649 W. Adams St. in Phoenix, AZ across from the Arizona legislature.

"We want Americans from all states to converge on Arizona with us on the weekend of June 12 to shop in the state and show our support for local police enforcing our immigration laws, SB 1070, and the brave people in Arizona that have spoken out for the American public on immigration," said William Gheen President of ALIPAC. "We are happy to see so many different groups working together and combining strength to support Arizona."

Organizations that are sponsoring the combined event on June 12 now include Americans for Legal Immigration PAC, Tea Party Patriots Live, NumbersUSA, Resistnet.com, America's Black Shield, 9-11 Families for a Secure America, NC Listen, Scottsdale Tea Party, Houston Tea Party Society, and Citizens in Action.

More national and local groups are joining the June 12 effort and an updated list will be released next Monday.

Congressman Steve King is one of the many guest speakers and other members of Congress are being invited to speak along with Governor Jan Brewer, Arizona Representative Russell Pearce, and Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

Other events in support of Arizona and SB 1070 legislation, which is now filed or being filed in 13 other states, will be listed with this June 12 event at www.AgainstAmnesty.com

For more details, to see events forming near you, or to show your support please visit www.AgainstAmnesty.com

###

Paid for by
AMERICANS FOR LEGAL IMMIGRATION PAC
Illegal Immigration: Americans Fighting Back
Post Office Box 30966, Raleigh, NC 27622-0966
Tel: (919) 787-6009 Toll Free: (866) 703-0864
FEC ID: C00405878

Moderator cut: Please provide a link to the original source

How do I link to my e-mail???
Do e-mails have a copyright?

How ever I did go to ALIPAC website where an article was easily found

ALIPAC Forums-viewtopic-Groups Unite to form larger rally in Phoenix, AZ on June 12!

Last edited by BentBow; 05-13-2010 at 07:26 AM..

Old 05-13-2010, 07:49 AM

76 posts, read 70,321 times
I wish I can go! is there any support rally in LA ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration