Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 08:21 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
President Obama gave his strongest signal to date that he is prepared to let another deadline slip for passing an immigration overhaul, telling an audience Wednesday night that he merely wants to start working on the issue before the year is out.

Obama, speaking at a Cinco de Mayo reception in the Rose Garden, was silent on a timetable for completing an immigration bill. The lack of urgency seems consistent with remarks he made to reporters aboard Air Force One last week, when he said an exhausted Congress might lack the "appetite" to vote on another divisive issue right away.
Obama indicates he's in no rush to pass immigration overhaul - latimes.com

Read and weep: pro illegals; hostility is growing against any sort of amnesty for your 'pets'.

Needless to say: if one is here illegally; I suggest you folks leave the USA while it is still safe to do so.............no questions asked. If you wait too long; and get caught..........the punishments will be severe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2010, 08:37 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,536,167 times
His time is running out.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:01 AM

8,617 posts, read 10,146,663 times
So basically he says Arizona is misguided, yet he does NOTHING. He ignores the situation and continues to allow the misguided media, misguided celebrity world, and misguided city leaders throughout the U.S. (who apparently are too stupid to notice that SB1070 mirrors the federal law) to continue to talk trash about AZ and suggest boycotts which directly affects the hard-working people of Arizona. I can't say to you in this thread would I'd like to Obama. You have made it crystal clear that the well-being of illegal immigrants comes before ALL Arizonans.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:05 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
So basically he says Arizona is misguided, yet he does NOTHING. He ignores the situation and continues to allow the misguided media, misguided celebrity world, and misguided city leaders throughout the U.S. (who apparently are too stupid to notice that SB1070 mirrors the federal law) to continue to talk trash about AZ and suggest boycotts which directly affects the hard-working people of Arizona. I can't say to you in this thread would I'd like to Obama. You have made it crystal clear that the well-being of illegal immigrants comes before ALL Arizonans.
Well - he has his cheap labor globalist masters he must also answer to.

I can admit that Obama inherited a big problem here - there's the easy votes and cheap labor on one hand - but on the other hand there is a serious problem now with very high unemployment of Americans and certainly high unemployment with the second place minority group - American blacks, plus the growing problem of states heading to bankruptcy.

The elites still want their unlimited supplies of ultra cheap labor but how long can the government go on giving unemployment extensions?

I would hate to be the president right now.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:12 AM

457 posts, read 756,945 times
I would imagine Obama would prefer to stay the hell away from anything that would draw attention to his citizenship, with the heat he drew a while back.
If I were an "illegal" I for dam sure wouldn't want to start pointing out laws about it. (but that's just me.)

Old 05-06-2010, 09:14 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,345,236 times
Well what do you know? I finally like something that Obama is doing!

Old 05-06-2010, 09:21 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Thank you for understanding the harsh reality of this very negative problem, that exists, and getting worse. Sad that States have to do the job the FEDERAL GOVERMENT won't do on this pesky issue. Going to get worse, if nothing is done soon. Funny how these issues that really matter, seem to get lost somewhere, or some excuse is made, why they cannot come up with a solution at this time.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:23 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,120 times
I hope he keeps dragging his feet on granting them a free pass. Who do they think they are ? Waltz in, crawl in...make demands while other people are applying the legal way ?

Old 05-06-2010, 09:28 AM

50,273 posts, read 47,032,885 times
12 States are jumping in with new laws since the Feds won't. No way, I repeat, NO WAY will there be any form of amnesty after what these States have done to repair their own houses.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:32 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times
Amnesty will never happen. CIR will never happen. It is the carrot the gov't keeps dangling to keep the exploited underclass of foreign nations around so they can keep right on exploiting them. Legalizing them would just double up the country's welfare load and warrant another several million fresh, new exploitable laborers from afar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration