U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 06:38 PM

425 posts, read 274,238 times

Advertisements

Wierd thread , makes me think about Argentina and Nazis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2010, 07:27 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,685,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi Dakota View Post
Wierd thread , makes me think about Argentina and Nazis.
That is something that MEChA et al will never admit to......the link between Fascism/Nazism and White Hispanic culture.

Old 05-06-2010, 08:28 PM

140 posts, read 392,724 times
Did not Latin America invite the fleeing Nazis to come to Latin America to help "whiten" up their populations. I know that Argentina destroyed her black and most of her Native American populations and Brazil tried to do the same though it was much harder to "clean up" a population that at one time was almost 90% black.

Even though I love Brazil I have seldom seen black or indigenous characters on tv except for the stereotypical buffoon roles. I have been in malls in predominatly black neighborhoods where all of the dolls were blue-eyed blondes and even a television commercial featuring a local store featured models that looked Scandinavian when most of the residents of the town looked anything but.

Old 05-06-2010, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaDominadora View Post
Did not Latin America invite the fleeing Nazis to come to Latin America to help "whiten" up their populations. I know that Argentina destroyed her black and most of her Native American populations and Brazil tried to do the same though it was much harder to "clean up" a population that at one time was almost 90% black.

Even though I love Brazil I have seldom seen black or indigenous characters on tv except for the stereotypical buffoon roles. I have been in malls in predominatly black neighborhoods where all of the dolls were blue-eyed blondes and even a television commercial featuring a local store featured models that looked Scandinavian when most of the residents of the town looked anything but.
Both Pele and Gisele Bundchen are Brazilians: he is Black and she is Nordic White.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
That is something that MEChA et al will never admit to......the link between Fascism/Nazism and White Hispanic culture.
Can anyone say Manuel Noriega ? I'm convinced it has something to do with the geography of the regions and the law of the jungle and tropical climates on the mainland.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi Dakota View Post
Can anyone say Manuel Noriega ? I'm convinced it has something to do with the geography of the regions and the law of the jungle and tropical climates on the mainland.
Francisco Franco (Spain) was an example of a cryptofascist (Falangist)------remember that Adolf Hitler supported him in the 1930's.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Francisco Franco (Spain) was an example of a cryptofascist (Falangist)------remember that Adolf Hitler supported him in the 1930's.
Falangist sounds like something form a Stephen King novel. Thanks for reminding me of that , from what I recently heard at a lecture the Spaniards were amazingly cruel to the SA natives , I seem to recall them feeding their dogs with them in some instances... Interesting way of looking at it all , look at the lands conquered by the Spanish tongue and see what kinds of volatile cultures they foster. Hmm those soccer stadiums are quite the venue .

Old 05-07-2010, 01:49 AM

111 posts, read 112,657 times
Quote:
And the majority of Mexicans/Central Americans are 'indigenous' looking--------unlike most Americans.

Frankly; I find it very sad that 'brown' people SoB are NOT perceived as being of the same class as White Hispanics..........many Mestizos/Indians are quite handsome/beautiful.

LOL, guy, have you ever even been to Mexico?

Old 05-07-2010, 04:29 AM
Yac

5,881 posts, read 6,309,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
Why the fascism bit? Please explain to me how fascism fits into all of this?
I would like to know that too. So far all I can see is this term being used as a temperature raising keyword that has little to no substance behind it. And there is no sarcasm here, I really would like to know where this came from.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or