U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-06-2010, 01:20 PM
 
264 posts, read 391,086 times
Reputation: 186

Advertisements

Would this be an fairly good definition of Latinofascism:

"The purposeful non-distinction between legal immigrants and illegal aliens based upon ethnic or racial preference."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-06-2010, 01:41 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,685,038 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Econolodge-911 View Post
Would this be an fairly good definition of Latinofascism:

"The purposeful non-distinction between legal immigrants and illegal aliens based upon ethnic or racial preference."
Even that would pole axe the MEChA types: remember that Hispanic culture is very White supremacist judging by even the Mexican telenovelas..........none of the leading rules are filled by Mestizo/Indian looking people-----they look stereotypically 'Anglo'. In other words: trying that 'la raza' crap SoB would get a 'brown' Mexico in a lot of hot water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2010, 02:07 PM
 
1,038 posts, read 1,033,830 times
Reputation: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Econolodge-911 View Post
Would this be an fairly good definition of Latinofascism:

"The purposeful non-distinction between legal immigrants and illegal aliens based upon ethnic or racial preference."
Why the fascism bit? Please explain to me how fascism fits into all of this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2010, 02:13 PM
 
264 posts, read 391,086 times
Reputation: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
Why the fascism bit? Please explain to me how fascism fits into all of this?
Certainly not in the political sense, but in the modern cultural sense.

The Cultural Dictionary, for instance, notes: "Today, the term fascist is used ... for individuals that profess racism and that act in an arbitrary, high-handed manner."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2010, 03:00 PM
 
1,038 posts, read 1,033,830 times
Reputation: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Econolodge-911 View Post
Certainly not in the political sense, but in the modern cultural sense.

The Cultural Dictionary, for instance, notes: "Today, the term fascist is used ... for individuals that profess racism and that act in an arbitrary, high-handed manner."
Did you just make that up? Cultural Dictionary? WTF????

Fascism is a political term, to describe it in any other sense, makes, well, no sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2010, 03:17 PM
 
264 posts, read 391,086 times
Reputation: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
Did you just make that up? Cultural Dictionary? WTF????

Fascism is a political term, to describe it in any other sense, makes, well, no sense.
Not unlike the term "Islamofascist" as related to Islamicist terrorists, the concept of Latinofascism makes excellent sense, and should really be used more often to denote the point of view expressed by the sea of media pundits who purposefully label Open Borders proponents "Latino Rights Organizations".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2010, 04:51 PM
 
111 posts, read 112,657 times
Reputation: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Even that would pole axe the MEChA types: remember that Hispanic culture is very White supremacist judging by even the Mexican telenovelas..........none of the leading rules are filled by Mestizo/Indian looking people-----they look stereotypically 'Anglo'. In other words: trying that 'la raza' crap SoB would get a 'brown' Mexico in a lot of hot water.

Was the Brady Bunch White Supremacist as well for not having any non-white characters?

I'm pretty sure you already know, though, the standard of beauty has always been light skin, colored eyes and light hair in Europe and Latin America.

Believe it or not, a lot of people look like the people you see on T.V in Mexico. Most of my family comes to mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2010, 05:53 PM
 
1,038 posts, read 1,033,830 times
Reputation: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Econolodge-911 View Post
Not unlike the term "Islamofascist" as related to Islamicist terrorists, the concept of Latinofascism makes excellent sense, and should really be used more often to denote the point of view expressed by the sea of media pundits who purposefully label Open Borders proponents "Latino Rights Organizations".
Must be nice to make up words on the whim.

How about Hillbillyfascist: A toothless redneck who criticizes immigrants but defends employers who employ the immigrants. This toothless backwood trailer park resident yerns for the pre civil rights era, when minorities knew their place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2010, 06:04 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,685,038 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juced View Post
Was the Brady Bunch White Supremacist as well for not having any non-white characters?

I'm pretty sure you already know, though, the standard of beauty has always been light skin, colored eyes and light hair in Europe and Latin America.

Believe it or not, a lot of people look like the people you see on T.V in Mexico. Most of my family comes to mind.
And the majority of Mexicans/Central Americans are 'indigenous' looking--------unlike most Americans.

Frankly; I find it very sad that 'brown' people SoB are NOT perceived as being of the same class as White Hispanics..........many Mestizos/Indians are quite handsome/beautiful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2010, 06:09 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,685,038 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
Must be nice to make up words on the whim.

How about Hillbillyfascist: A toothless redneck who criticizes immigrants but defends employers who employ the immigrants. This toothless backwood trailer park resident yerns for the pre civil rights era, when minorities knew their place.
You must be referring to the KKK.

Flip side: the 'respectable' White people in the old Jim Crow South were folks like George Wallace, Bull Connor and Leander Perez-------all of whom were members or associated with groups like the White Citizens Council, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top