U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 12:53 AM

3,887 posts, read 6,009,381 times

Advertisements

More BS coming from the Dementedcrats. November 2, 2010 can't get here fast enough!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 01:30 AM

350 posts, read 394,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mean fish View Post
In other words "I can't refute anything in the article so I'll attack the source."
Actually, the link is an opinion. Just because John Lott thinks its a fine law doesn't mean Clinton or Napolitano can't think otherwise.

Opinion

Updated May 06, 2010
Creepy Claims Made By Dems About Arizona Immigration Law Are False

Old 05-07-2010, 09:58 AM

1,089 posts, read 498,674 times
Quote:
Are you blind? Do you think the currently unenforced immigration laws would make a difference if someone actually paid attention to them? You don't see this law doing anything because you don't want to see, you don't want it to do anything.

Would you like to completely give up prosecuting people for murder just because some people do commit murder? Maybe you're ok with giving up, the majority of the citizens of the US aren't ready to give up.
You make no sense at all, how does this bill change the way people are prosecuted for murder? BTW, I am blind until, I put my specs on in the morning.
Quote:
You really should try reading the bill.
What's your point? Have YOU read the bill? The U.S. Constitution?

Put on your thinking cap. How exactly does this bill stop illegals from entering into Arizona? I don't think it does. As I said above, making murder illegal, does not stop people from murdering.

Old 05-07-2010, 10:37 AM

683 posts, read 324,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
You make no sense at all, how does this bill change the way people are prosecuted for murder? BTW, I am blind until, I put my specs on in the morning.

Put on your thinking cap. How exactly does this bill stop illegals from entering into Arizona? I don't think it does. As I said above, making murder illegal, does not stop people from murdering.
You brought up murder, you tell me what it has to do with this thread and we can talk about it.

This bill scares illegals, that's pretty clear from the response that it's getting from the pro-illegal crowd around the US. People who might otherwise have tried to sneak into AZ are now scared because the local gov. is now allowed to enforce the laws that our fed. gov. ignores. When people are scared they'll either try to sneak into some other state or not illegally cross the border at all, either way that means the law works in the state of AZ. Illegally crossing the border has always been "illegal" but those who did it knew that it wasn't an enforced law but now that's different in the state of AZ.

Old 05-07-2010, 10:57 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,168,220 times
Quote:

Illegals will stay away from Arizona out of fear of being caught, that's how.
Sure making murder a crime with a servere punishment does not stop all murders from occuring but you have to be kidding if you don't think it isn't a deterrant. We cannot stop all crimes just because we make it less attractive to do so but it cuts the number of crimes way back. Such a simple concept for anyone to grasp.

Old 05-07-2010, 11:04 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,094,154 times
Quote:
"When asked by David Gregory on NBC's "Meet the Press" if the Arizona law involved "racial profiling," Secretary of State Hillary Clinton replied: "I don't think there's any doubt about that because, clearly, as I understand the way the law is being explained, if you're a legal resident, you still have to carry papers." Similarly, on ABC's "This Week," Obama's Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano warned: "Unfortunately, I think it does and can invite racial profiling "
What did Hillary Clinton and Janet Napolitano say that was wrong?
"Even then, authorities must have "reasonable suspicion" that someone is an illegal alien. This "reasonable suspicion" standard has regulated police behavior since the 1960s and is a rule that police nationwide already deal with every day. "Reasonable suspicion" requires that the known facts and circumstances are sufficient to convince a person of "reasonable prudence" that a crime has been committed."
The problem is that its not against the law to be in this country without proper documentation, if the police have a reasonable suspicion they are committing a crime, they should be interrogated. But legal or not they are covered by the Bill of Rights.

I dont't see this law doing anything to curb illegal immigration. How do you think it will??? There are laws against murdering people, but people still murder anyway.
Racial profilling is a mayby, What Az and the Feds havent figured out is how the suspect and the Az LEO are goint to interact to let the LEO do his job and the suspect to have his constitutional rights. Rights that are offered by Arizona making being in the US "without proper authorization" a State crime punishible by fines and jail time.

By Az making it a State law, gives the suspect more "Mirranda" rights, rights not given aliens by US Immigraion Code.

Old 05-07-2010, 01:41 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,678,111 times
Quote:
[indent]
I dont't see this law doing anything to curb illegal immigration. How do you think it will??? There are laws against murdering people, but people still murder anyway.
Let me put it this way: it is called the deterrence (sp) factor: read that a typical illegal alien will either leave Arizona (preferably back to his home country) or will fly way under the radar-----------read that keeping his music turned down low in his vehicle, etc. to NOT draw attention from LE.

Craven fear is good for those miscreants.

Old 05-07-2010, 01:55 PM

3,802 posts, read 4,526,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
By Az making it a State law, gives the suspect more "Mirranda" rights, rights not given aliens by US Immigraion Code.
Are you sure about this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or