U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 02:24 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,701,141 times

Advertisements

FOXNews.com - Creepy Claims Made By Dems About Arizona Immigration Law Are False
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2010, 02:55 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,139,346 times
They're just ticked off that Arizona is dong their job and bypassed the federal government altogether in a sense, they gave themselves to enforce federal law. If there is a beef, take it up with the Federal government. I support AZ and ANY/ALL states that enact any law to stop illegal immigration and make this country more secure.

Old 05-06-2010, 03:28 PM

1,089 posts, read 497,546 times
"When asked by David Gregory on NBC's "Meet the Press" if the Arizona law involved "racial profiling," Secretary of State Hillary Clinton replied: "I don't think there's any doubt about that because, clearly, as I understand the way the law is being explained, if you're a legal resident, you still have to carry papers." Similarly, on ABC's "This Week," Obama's Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano warned: "Unfortunately, I think it does and can invite racial profiling "
What did Hillary Clinton and Janet Napolitano say that was wrong?
"Even then, authorities must have "reasonable suspicion" that someone is an illegal alien. This "reasonable suspicion" standard has regulated police behavior since the 1960s and is a rule that police nationwide already deal with every day. "Reasonable suspicion" requires that the known facts and circumstances are sufficient to convince a person of "reasonable prudence" that a crime has been committed."
The problem is that its not against the law to be in this country without proper documentation, if the police have a reasonable suspicion they are committing a crime, they should be interrogated. But legal or not they are covered by the Bill of Rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
They're just ticked off that Arizona is dong their job and bypassed the federal government altogether in a sense, they gave themselves to enforce federal law. If there is a beef, take it up with the Federal government. I support AZ and ANY/ALL states that enact any law to stop illegal immigration and make this country more secure.
I dont't see this law doing anything to curb illegal immigration. How do you think it will??? There are laws against murdering people, but people still murder anyway.

Old 05-06-2010, 03:49 PM

683 posts, read 323,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
I dont't see this law doing anything to curb illegal immigration. How do you think it will??? There are laws against murdering people, but people still murder anyway.
Are you blind? Do you think the currently unenforced immigration laws would make a difference if someone actually paid attention to them? You don't see this law doing anything because you don't want to see, you don't want it to do anything.

Would you like to completely give up prosecuting people for murder just because some people do commit murder? Maybe you're ok with giving up, the majority of the citizens of the US aren't ready to give up.

Old 05-06-2010, 03:50 PM

16,116 posts, read 20,161,295 times
Fox is Opinion not News, at least according to it's CEO

Old 05-06-2010, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
The problem is that its not against the law to be in this country without proper documentation, if the police have a reasonable suspicion they are committing a crime, they should be interrogated. But legal or not they are covered by the Bill of Rights.
You really should try reading the bill.

Old 05-06-2010, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Fox is Opinion not News, at least according to it's CEO
In other words "I can't refute anything in the article so I'll attack the source."

Old 05-06-2010, 04:01 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,298,472 times
What you think the Demtwits in Power, would actually say the truth about this bill, or any other bill. Give me a break. Shame on all of them, lets just have a huge party, and invite all illegals to come and join us, shall we, cause most of you seem not to care that we do have a problem with illegals palguing this Country, and getting worse. Such a slap in the face, for those who come to this Country, and do it legally. It is those people who do it legally, that actually, seem to care more about this Country, then many of us.

Old 05-06-2010, 04:17 PM

10,397 posts, read 8,354,967 times
Dems speak with forked tongue

Old 05-06-2010, 05:12 PM

5,918 posts, read 6,360,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mean fish View Post
In other words "I can't refute anything in the article so I'll attack the source."

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or