Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 10:18 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
"Starting to understand?" LOL I've always had my own disagreement with the status of illegal immigration in this country. Also, I don't have a "prejudice" against them. Do I do what I can to advocate the crack down on illegal immigration? Yes. I don't see it as a prejudice though. I mean, I'm the legal citizen here, I don't need to be prejudice against them. Also, as a person, what could I be prejudice against them about? If I got a problem with them being in the welfare office then you better believe I'm going to speak my issues with that to some government official. So, I don't even see being prejudice as logical.
I don't see it about race at all. A lot of illegals come here illegally because it's very easy to do and the financial rewards are pretty good.

Same with the employers. Why bother hiring some American or legal immigrant or bring in a legal H2A visa worker when it's so much easier to just bring in illegals and pay them low. It's very easy to do and the financial rewards are great.

The illegals here living off food stamps and welfare handouts are the ones that strongly demand citizenship - but a lot of working illegals really don't. Many when they were first packing up their backpacks to come here planned to return home and going home is still in the back of their minds in many cases.

A lot of illegals actually are a little homesick. Going home isn't really all that horrendous to them, they speak the language, they fit in, they can obviously re-adapt. Many are just informal guest workers who will stay as long as it's very easy to stay but if they have to return home, they can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 05:38 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,864,733 times
The thing that bothers me most about this is that these illegals have no regard for the innocent people they steal identities from. Then they go and demand the right to steal more identities and hurt more innocent Americans. Yet the liberals think this is all okay. These people didn't even show remorse for stealing someone else's identity.

Old 05-07-2010, 06:05 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,906,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Did they arrest the EMPLOYER, if you don't jail the EMPLOYER 35 others will be working there tomorrow
If they had fake IDs and even if they put them through E-verify they wouldn't show as "fake". Therefore the employer can claim he hired them "unknowingly". I do, however, wonder about the REST of the illegals working there without fake IDs and what will happen to the employer because of that!

Old 05-07-2010, 10:03 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,791,891 times
Maybe the employer should be responsible for fixing the problems with the IRS the people whose identity was stolen will have when they file their taxes next year?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration