U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 05-07-2010, 01:58 PM
 
Location: South Bay Native
13,043 posts, read 21,154,444 times
Reputation: 22514

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Now you are twisting the question, ok.

Why do you need multiple threads, started by you, on the exact same thing then?
Looks like he fell asleep in Civics class and now wants us to do his homework for him.

I think he really just needs a hug - here:

((Holdencaulfield))

All better now?
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-07-2010, 01:59 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,798 posts, read 30,025,534 times
Reputation: 17682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
This thread was solely seeking to gauge the level of understanding of the 4th amendment and constitutional rights. In that sense it was separate from the immigration bill post. It's become apparent that many are completely unfamiliar with the bill of rights, particulary the 4th.

Well, what you just posted should have been the title of your thread .


Carry on
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2010, 02:00 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
5,361 posts, read 7,050,845 times
Reputation: 3973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
This thread was solely seeking to gauge the level of understanding of the 4th amendment and constitutional rights. In that sense it was separate from the immigration bill post. It's become apparent that many are completely unfamiliar with the bill of rights, particulary the 4th.
It's become apparent that you started this thread to attempt to prove that your posts and statements are correct, and those who disagree with you are uninformed, yet I challenge you to educate us all on your understanding of the Fourth Amendment and constitutional rights.

The floor is yours.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2010, 02:01 PM
 
Location: Central Coast
2,014 posts, read 4,719,645 times
Reputation: 815
There is another interesting phenom... going on.

Those who are vocally anti illegal, are so anti illegal, that none, that is none of them appear to question the constitutionality of this particular law.

Now, assuming that the vocally anti illegal are political conservatives who hold the Constitution in high regard (according the them, in much higher regard than political liberals) what the heck is going on here.

I think I can answer this question; If the Arizona Legislature was Democrat controlled and they had passed this very same law, the political conservatives, know colloquially as "tea baggers" would be rioting in the streets, over the profound unConstitutionality of this law.

We are back to the gored ox analogy.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2010, 02:08 PM
 
1,038 posts, read 1,031,175 times
Reputation: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
It's become apparent that you started this thread to attempt to prove that your posts and statements are correct, and those who disagree with you are uninformed, yet I challenge you to educate us all on your understanding of the Fourth Amendment and constitutional rights.

The floor is yours.
I started this thread to get an idea as to the level of education people have regarding the 4th. Once I had an understanding I would apply that to the immigration law, but only after I had an understanding. So far very few responders have illustrated an understanding of the 4th, if that is the case there really is no point to the other thread. I should have posted this thread first and later posted the other one. In error I submitted them out of sequence. I'm not hear to educate anyone, rather to have a political discourse.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2010, 02:15 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
5,361 posts, read 7,050,845 times
Reputation: 3973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
I started this thread to get an idea as to the level of education people have regarding the 4th. Once I had an understanding I would apply that to the immigration law, but only after I had an understanding. So far very few responders have illustrated an understanding of the 4th, if that is the case there really is no point to the other thread. I should have posted this thread first and later posted the other one. In error I submitted them out of sequence. I'm not hear to educate anyone, rather to have a political discourse.
LOL...but again, I am asking you to explain it to me in YOUR words...I want to make sure it's apparent to me whether or not you understand it.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2010, 02:27 PM
 
Location: Central Coast
2,014 posts, read 4,719,645 times
Reputation: 815
This is cute, look closely. (reprinted from public media, not copyrighted)
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2010, 02:34 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,798 posts, read 30,025,534 times
Reputation: 17682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarks View Post
This is cute, look closely. (reprinted from public media, not copyrighted)

So you think Euro Illegals get a free pass?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2010, 02:40 PM
 
1,038 posts, read 1,031,175 times
Reputation: 265
Default You really want to go back and forth like this??

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
LOL...but again, I am asking you to explain it to me in YOUR words...I want to make sure it's apparent to me whether or not you understand it.
Apparently you don't know the way political discourse occurs. I ask a question and you respond. You ask a question I respond. Your idea of discourse is, I ask a question, and you respond with a question. Ok, fair enough. My turn. What is your understanding of the 4th amendment.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2010, 03:06 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
5,361 posts, read 7,050,845 times
Reputation: 3973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
Apparently you don't know the way political discourse occurs. I ask a question and you respond. You ask a question I respond. Your idea of discourse is, I ask a question, and you respond with a question. Ok, fair enough. My turn. What is your understanding of the 4th amendment.
Apparently, you are evading the question. I never made the claim that I did understand it. You did. Again, the floor is yours.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top