U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Please choose the response that best describes your legal status in the U.S.
U.S. Citizen, native-born 105 75.54%
U.S. Citizen, naturalized or other (non-native) 15 10.79%
U.S. Resident, permanent or otherwise 3 2.16%
Undocumented Resident 12 8.63%
Non-U.S. Resident 1 0.72%
Other / Prefer not to say 3 2.16%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-08-2010, 04:21 PM
 
Location: Massachusetts
10,032 posts, read 6,858,327 times
Reputation: 4207

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Get over your victimhood mentality and apparent dislike of white Americans.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-09-2010, 07:41 AM
 
112 posts, read 238,890 times
Reputation: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Here's a hotflash for you. The "brown man" of Mexico is not indigenous to the U.S. Their tribal ancestors were from way south of our border not to mention that their ancestors were also those European Spaniards "the white man" of which you obviously have issues with. Mexicans have no right to enter our country illegally anymore than anyone else does.
can you discuss a topic, are you done making up stories of who I like and dont like is it impossible for you to stay on subject? dont change the subject to fit your agenda. i said brown people not illegal mexicans! many brown people including native americans, mexican americans and biracial will be of racial profiling and assumed illegal cause they have brown skin The white man keeps ignoring this and dont respect the fact that many of them have been here before them legally STOP the racial profiling and jail the employers if you really want to combat illegal immigration but dont treat American citizens like garbage while some white men get away with the cheap labor and the racial profiling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2010, 07:52 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondGirl123 View Post
can you discuss a topic, are you done making up stories of who I like and dont like is it impossible for you to stay on subject? dont change the subject to fit your agenda. i said brown people not illegal mexicans! many brown people including native americans, mexican americans and biracial will be of racial profiling and assumed illegal cause they have brown skin The white man keeps ignoring this and dont respect the fact that many of them have been here before them legally STOP the racial profiling and jail the employers if you really want to combat illegal immigration but dont treat American citizens like garbage while some white men get away with the cheap labor and the racial profiling
Funny; do you count 'brown' people who are Anglo in your diatribe? I knew a guy whose father was of Italian heritage and mother was generic English/Irish background that people though he was American Indian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2010, 08:03 AM
 
112 posts, read 238,890 times
Reputation: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Funny; do you count 'brown' people who are Anglo in your diatribe? I knew a guy whose father was of Italian heritage and mother was generic English/Irish background that people though he was American Indian.
nothing funny here people are losing their dignity here and being treated like second class citizens. brown includes anybody that looks latino even if they come from china or Russia its irrevalant. I dont think i need to cover every possible scenario. only those who dont gave a valid counterargument try to change the subject by twisting and putting words in peoples mouths
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2010, 08:19 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondGirl123 View Post
nothing funny here people are losing their dignity here and being treated like second class citizens. brown includes anybody that looks latino even if they come from china or Russia its irrevalant. I dont think i need to cover every possible scenario. only those who dont gave a valid counterargument try to change the subject by twisting and putting words in peoples mouths
Unfortunately; the PR damage has been done courtesy of those mostly brown insolent illegal aliens who dared to mouth off to us Americans.

Needless to say: provisions in SB1070 specifically exclude LE from solely using skin color is a criterion to make 'contact' with a person. Trust me: there will be LOTS of true idiots of any color to keep the cops busy. Now; DiamondGirl123, IF you have something to hide, I would be very careful and watch your manners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2010, 11:21 AM
 
Location: square thing with a roof
894 posts, read 949,630 times
Reputation: 773
Legal US citizen. Born in Michigan, as were my parents and Grandparents.
Great-grandparents came here legally from Poland, Croatia, England, and Germany. Great-grandparents on both sides of my family, though immigrants (here legally) served in the US Military. Great-grandfather was given the Purple Heart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2010, 12:03 PM
 
112 posts, read 238,890 times
Reputation: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Unfortunately; the PR damage has been done courtesy of those mostly brown insolent illegal aliens who dared to mouth off to us Americans.

Needless to say: provisions in SB1070 specifically exclude LE from solely using skin color is a criterion to make 'contact' with a person. Trust me: there will be LOTS of true idiots of any color to keep the cops busy. Now; DiamondGirl123, IF you have something to hide, I would be very careful and watch your manners.
I have nothng to hide so your warnings are irrevaalant ARIZONA bear!!!! Dont need your snappy warnings
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2010, 12:24 PM
 
Location: California
29,580 posts, read 31,907,081 times
Reputation: 24725
I was born in California. One of my great grandfathers immigrated here from Italy with his family, and and their actual status was questionable to some, including my grandmothers family who were convinced that their nice, Salt Lake City Mormon girl was marrying a WOP and disowned her.

Family trees are fun and full of surprises.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2010, 12:40 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondGirl123 View Post
I have nothng to hide so your warnings are irrevaalant ARIZONA bear!!!! Dont need your snappy warnings
Question: are you an American as in born here or at least here legally?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2010, 12:53 PM
 
Location: California
29,580 posts, read 31,907,081 times
Reputation: 24725
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Question: are you an American as in born here or at least here legally?
Just a FYI: was got a warning from a mod for "outing another member" when I asked a semi-personal question once about something they had posted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top