Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 11:35 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,421,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by minesbroken View Post
it is to protect the CITIZENS of the united states of America against tyrannical government
not illegal aliens

No, it applies to everyone.

See National Lawyers Guild.

http://awesome.nlg.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/kyr_English2004.pdf (broken link)

Quote:
Whether or not you’re a citizen, you have rights under
the United States Constitution. The Fifth Amendment
gives every person the right to remain silent: not to
answer questions asked by a police officer or government
agent. The Fourth Amendment restricts the government’s
power to enter and search your home or
workplace, although there are many exceptions and new
laws have expanded the government’s power to conduct
surveillance. The First Amendment protects your
right to speak freely and to advocate for social change.
However, if you are a non-citizen and are deportable,
DHS* can target you based on your political activities.

Old 05-08-2010, 11:36 PM

Quote:
anyone can forge paperwork
thats not what we are talking about
if you want to get technical
I could forge a birth certificate
does that prove I'm legal?
YOU CANT LEGALLY GET A LICENSE IN NYS IF YOU ARE ILLEGAL
YOU ARE WRONG
you cant argue your way out of this one.

But you can get a license, albeit illegally. So how does that prove legal status?

Just stop. You have nothing more than your opinion and it's really kind of sad to see you repeating the same baseless claim over and over.

Old 05-08-2010, 11:37 PM

317 posts, read 404,824 times
Quote:
it is to protect the CITIZENS of the united states of America against tyrannical government
not illegal aliens
Does that mean that the constitution does not apply to tourists and residents? Can we suspend due process and Habeaus Corpus, double jeopardy?

Old 05-08-2010, 11:40 PM

752 posts, read 1,462,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbiggleswurth View Post
Does that mean that the constitution does not apply to tourists and residents? Can we suspend due process and Habeaus Corpus, double jeopardy?
tourists and residents are here LEGALLY it doesn't get easier than this...its like shooting fish in a barrel

Old 05-08-2010, 11:43 PM

Quote:
tourists and residents are here LEGALLY it doesn't get easier than this...its like shooting fish in a barrel

http://awesome.nlg.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/kyr_English2004.pdf (broken link)

Old 05-08-2010, 11:47 PM

Whats your point?
so they have a 5th amendment right?
is that all you can come up with?
we still have the right to deport them wether they choose to talk or not
You show me where the constitution of the United States of America
protects illegal immigrants with ALL of the same rights as citizens

Old 05-08-2010, 11:48 PM

317 posts, read 404,824 times
Quote:
But you didn't say that in your earlier post. You said the Constitution applies to CITIZENS. You even made it a point to put it in caps. You keep flip flopping, it is rather frustrating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minesbroken

Old 05-08-2010, 11:50 PM

Quote:
But you didn't say that in your earlier post. You said the Constitution applies to CITIZENS. You even made it a point to put it in caps. You keep flip flopping, it is rather frustrating.

[/i]

He has no point. He's mostly wrong about everything from what I can tell, but refuses to admit it, instead changing his argument.

Old 05-08-2010, 11:53 PM

Quote:

[/i]
It is to protect the citizens...if we extend the same rights to people who visit here legally (and we don't) then its a choice having nothing to do with the constitution.
often we will deport people to be tried in they're own country when they break the law here. depends on the infraction I guess.
what does this have to do with the constitution covering Illegal Immigrants anyway?
it doesn't
yet another wild tangent gone on in frustration of a losing battle.
some people will just go off in a new direction if they cant prove themselves right on the current path.
seems to be a theme around here.
so far
I am the only one to have admitted I was wrong when proven so
without going off on some wild tangent to prove myself right at any cost.

Old 05-08-2010, 11:57 PM

Quote:
It is to protect the citizens...if we extend the same rights to people who visit here legally (and we don't) then its a choice having nothing to do with the constitution.
often we will deport people to be tried in they're own country when they break the law here. depends on the infraction I guess.
what does this have to do with the constitution covering Illegal Immigrants anyway?
it doesn't
yet another wild tangent gone on in frustration of a losing battle.
some people will just go off in a new direction if they cant prove themselves right on the current path.
seems to be a theme around here.
so far
I am the only one to have admitted I was wrong when proven so
without going off on some wild tangent to prove myself right at any cost.

I fully enjoy the fact that he is completely ignoring the link to a lawyers website that clearly refutes his position that we don't extend Constitutional rights to non-citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration