U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Security fence...Mexican/American border
BUILD THE STINKIN FENCE 19 86.36%
THE FENCE IS STOOPID 3 13.64%
i don't care (too bad for you) 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 11:18 PM

216 posts, read 607,977 times

Advertisements

i live in arizona. being from southern california (and mostly leaning toward democratic way of thinking), i LOVE the proposal of a law in Arizona to strictly stiffen illegals from leaching off of the system that WE ALL PAY INTO (except them)....but besides that

who is FOR the FENCE proposed by the right wingers who have no idea that desperation will lead people to CLIMB over the fence? or DIG under the fence? please enlighten me on the logic of a tangible object that will keep humans out of someplace they want to be?....humans are smart.....that is why there are so many of us
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 11:20 PM

5,010 posts, read 12,808,501 times
It's a feel-good thing.

It won't have any effect, but it's a way to spend money and point to something tangible that they can say is evidence they are "doing something".

Plus, it's easier to do that than actually work out a solution to the problem.

Old 05-07-2010, 11:24 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,137,256 times
Well, Dems think that OPEN BORDERS is the solution so I have trouble understanding your position. We need to militarize the border. Who needs a fcking fence when there are guns and LOTS of questions. Simple as that. I didn't answer this poll as strong military was not included as an option.

Old 05-08-2010, 12:38 AM

25 posts, read 13,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
Well, Dems think that OPEN BORDERS is the solution so I have trouble understanding your position. We need to militarize the border. Who needs a fcking fence when there are guns and LOTS of questions. Simple as that. I didn't answer this poll as strong military was not included as an option.
Please link me to anyone who has called out for open borders. I'm curious to see what Democrate has suggested we have no fence or border.

Old 05-08-2010, 12:39 AM

25 posts, read 13,425 times
The fence is a waste of taxpayer dollars. Almost half of illegal immigrants are here on overstayed visas.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:16 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
I think the fence is a necessity. The double layered one does deter illegal entry into our country. It helps the BP immensely. A physical barrier has always been a deterrant otherwise why do we have fences and walls around our homes and many businesses? Why is there a fence around the White House? Of course nothing is totally foolproof but that isn't the intent anyway. The intent is to deter as many as possible from entering illegally.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:23 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Let me put it this way: more and more potential illegals still in Mexico are whining about the growing fortification of our southern border.............which is an obvious indicator that the existing fence, etc. IS working. Besides; if said fence was not effective----------why are so damn many illegals willing to risk death in crossing a harsh desert instead?

Old 05-08-2010, 07:44 AM

2,206 posts, read 2,137,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbender View Post
Please link me to anyone who has called out for open borders. I'm curious to see what Democrate has suggested we have no fence or border.
Of course they would never admit this in public forum, but look around, the current fence is a joke for the most poart. If they were serious, we'd have a real fence across the entire borders of this country.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:59 AM

7,624 posts, read 8,113,732 times
I don't want a "security fence", I want a Maginot Line from San Diego to Brownsville! We can call it the Anti-Mexican Protection Barrier.

If they build a "security fence" it will be little more then a few strands of barbed wire. Then the politicians will claim they have defended America meanwhile it can't even stop a dog.

Old 05-08-2010, 03:43 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
I don't want a "security fence", I want a Maginot Line from San Diego to Brownsville! We can call it the Anti-Mexican Protection Barrier.

If they build a "security fence" it will be little more then a few strands of barbed wire. Then the politicians will claim they have defended America meanwhile it can't even stop a dog.
The fence was supposed to be a double layed one, very high and hard to get over. I don't know how much of this kind was actually built. I do believe that there is a 17 mile sector of it near San Diego and it cut back illegal entry by something like 80% in that area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration