Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 08:10 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,297,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by minesbroken View Post
you know I had a feeling you would ask that question, I will say that there is no "politically correct answer"
Imagine to yourself who the Illegal Immigrants most likely are in Arizona
Imagine what they look like and you have your answer.
It's a simple answer really when you take away the racism and look at the facts.
are White, Black and Asian people sneaking across the border into Arizona?
or is it someone else
Yea, I had the feeling he/she would ask that too and that's the whole basis of his/her argument here. He/she is looking for certain answers and THEN he/she will reply. If he/she doesn't get the answer he expected then he just repeats the question again, but in a different, manipulative, way.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:41 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,289,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Yea, I had the feeling he/she would ask that too and that's the whole basis of his/her argument here. He/she is looking for certain answers and THEN he/she will reply. If he/she doesn't get the answer he expected then he just repeats the question again, but in a different, manipulative, way.
It's called race baiting.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:44 PM

752 posts, read 1,459,853 times
Quote:
more predictable than sunrise...

Old 05-09-2010, 08:49 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,297,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
It's called race baiting.
Yep or just feeling that their cause and fight is coming to an end. They'll do anything to keep illegal immigrants in this country undiscovered.

I feel like they think they are doing good for people, for humanity (they're like wannabe hippies or something), but they don't ever think about what it does to the legal residents and workers here. We're human too. What about our livelihood? I've had 25 hours on a college job (pizza joint) while the illegal immigrant (that told me he was here illegally) was getting 40 hours a week at one job and then another 40 at another job. That happened to me and I can only imagine how much that is happening across the country. Does my experience and knowledge of illegal immigration stop there? No, I've known of stories from other people and I have devoted time to reducing illegal immigration so that people won't have to go through what I and other people went through.

It's not about me losing hours or anything, I am older now and I have a strong interest in what is going on in this country, but I wanted to add that example and experience to show that these pro-illegal immigrant people are trying way too hard to be humanitarians but they forget the people, humans, that they are hurting by supporting illegal immigration. It's so silly. Now that I think about it it, it IS unpatriotic for these US citizens to basically be rooting for intruders from another country while their fellow countrymen and women are having their tax dollars used to give schooling to the illegal immigrants or food stamps to the illegal immigrant that was sly enough and fortunate enough to have a child here.

Why don't these pro illegal immigrant people just move to the country of their favorite illegal immigrant?

Old 05-09-2010, 08:52 PM

752 posts, read 1,459,853 times
Quote:
Yep or just feeling that their cause and fight is coming to an end. They'll do anything to keep illegal immigrants in this country undiscovered.

I feel like they think they are doing good for people, for humanity (they're like wannabe hippies or something), but they don't ever think about what it does to the legal residents and workers here. We're human too. What about our livelihood? I've had 25 hours on a college job (pizza joint) while the illegal immigrant (that told me he was here illegally) was getting 40 hours a week at one job and then another 40 at another job. That happened to me and I can only imagine how much that is happening across the country. Does my experience and knowledge of illegal immigration stop there? No, I've known of stories from other people and I have devoted time to reducing illegal immigration so that people won't have to go through what I and other people went through.

It's not about me losing hours or anything, I am older now and I have a strong interest in what is going on in this country, but I wanted to add that example and experience to show that these pro-illegal immigrant people are trying way too hard to be humanitarians but they forget the people, humans, that they are hurting by supporting illegal immigration. It's so silly. Now that I think about it it, it IS unpatriotic for these US citizens to basically be rooting for intruders from another country while their fellow countrymen and women are having their tax dollars used to give schooling to the illegal immigrants or food stamps to the illegal immigrant that was sly enough and fortunate enough to have a child here.

Why don't these pro illegal immigrant people just move to the country of their favorite illegal immigrant?

they probably hire day laborers or something

Old 05-09-2010, 08:59 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,289,862 times
Quote:

Their favorite illegal alien is more than likely of the same ethnicity as they are and they had ancestors from that country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.