U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 09:50 PM

18 posts, read 7,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscalzo View Post
Any not motor vehicle Title 39 violation can be addressed through a issuance of a summons on the standard form.

However the major difference is this..

As a pedestrian, you are not required to possess any information on your person. No state law, nor Federal requires a pedestrian to possess personal identification. So while the summons would be issued, the information would have to be obtained verbally if that's all the violator has at the time. Refusal to provide the information would lead to a custodial arrest where identification would be required before release on a summons (or bail at the judge/court administrators discretion). In todays technologically advanced world, positive ID can possibly be established through a AFIS scan.

The new law in AZ will be challenged and most likely be found unconstitutional. Enforcement is difficult to impossible at best. while it shows the frustration of those state residents with a huge problem, this wasn't the cure.

Might want to brush up on the law. How would YOU prove you were a citizen if stopped. You carry your birth certificate all the time? Doubt it.
**and most likely be found unconstitutional.**

Care to place a little wager on that?

A carefully crafted immigration law in Arizona | Washington Examiner (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/columns/Byron-York/A-carefully-crafted-immigration-law-in-Arizona-92136104.html - broken link)

Old 05-08-2010, 09:51 PM

752 posts, read 1,277,109 times
If you don't have ID then they need to establish Identity, they could arrest you for that, they may not have to or want to but they could. if you "could" be Illegal they they should look further into it.
do I really have to spell this out again?
isn't it apparent?

3,951 posts, read 3,705,286 times
Plus, when you are questioned by an officer or have been arrested, they have to ask for your ID anyway! How else do they get your name and run checks on you? They don't take people's word. When an officer stops you and checks for your ID, they are wanting to know who you are. They don't say, "What's your name" and that's that. People could tell officers any name! "Uh ... I'm John ..." No, they get your ID.

317 posts, read 353,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
OK, I'm going to just say that you have to be really slow to ask this question and a lot of your other questions. First of all, if you told a law enforcement official that you were illegal and the officer was operating under the law that we are discussing then what do you think the cop is going to do? Obviously, he is going to arrest and take the procedures necessary for apprehending someone who is here illegally. It is quick and easy work for the officer. You've admitted you are illegal, so why would he tell you to come back? LOL Come back for what? What I was saying earlier had to do with someone who is questioned and doesn't have proof of being here legally, but is actually here legally and told the officer. That person has an opportunity to prove that they can be in this country. I mean, what else should happen? The person gets deported even though they are here legally? No, we all know that there is a way that Arizona law enforcement will allow people to follow-up with proof.

I'm not going to answer any more of your questions if they are anything like this because this is just dumb.

Did you read my response? When did I say any illegal would admit that to the police. Are you doing this on purpose?

Old 05-08-2010, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbiggleswurth View Post

Did you read my response? When did I say any illegal would admit that to the police. Are you doing this on purpose?
Did you not just ask me what would happen if an illegal immigrant said they were illegal? Grow up man, seriously. Don't come here trying to have conversations and debates if you can't keep up. Go get some information, some knowledge and come back and try again because you aren't doing your cause any justice.

Old 05-08-2010, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minesbroken View Post
If you don't have ID then they need to establish Identity, they could arrest you for that,
Thank you, that's all I wanted to know. You admit, In AZ, If I'm jaywalking and I don't have an ID I can be imprisoned for it.

Quote:
isn't it apparent?
According to many other members on this board it isn't apparent, as they have disagreed with you. Read a few posts up.

Old 05-08-2010, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Thank you, that's all I wanted to know. You admit, In AZ, If I'm jaywalking and I don't have an ID I can be imprisoned for it.

isn't it apparent?
According to many other members on this board it isn't apparent, as they have disagreed with you. Read a few posts up.[/quote]
listen man, nothing serious ever gets done without ruffling feathers.
everyone complains about the law but nobody offers a viable solution to removing illegal immigrants that everyone can agree on.
there's a HUGE problem with no solution.
Arizona is doing what they need to do and not everyone is going to like it
but it still needs doing.
and for the record...not everyone is going to agree with me and I don't care! lol

Old 05-08-2010, 10:00 PM

Quote:

According to many other members on this board it isn't apparent, as they have disagreed with you. Read a few posts up.
Stop trying to use your psychology man. It is pretty simple and you are just going in circles. That stuff doesn't work.

Old 05-08-2010, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Stop trying to use your psychology man. It is pretty simple and you are just going in circles. That stuff doesn't work.
You contradicted what the other guy said. He said I will be arrested, you said the cops will let me go on my way.

Old 05-08-2010, 10:13 PM

Quote:
You contradicted what the other guy said. He said I will be arrested, you said the cops will let me go on my way.
I said the cops "can" arrest you... they probably wouldn't bother, its a small offense. However if you "looked" like you could be an illegal immigrant that may change things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or