U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 05-08-2010, 10:49 PM
 
Location: Mastic Beach
752 posts, read 1,240,130 times
Reputation: 302

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
Despite the delusional offerings on here, illegals aren't going away, nor are they some creeping danger to life and limb.

Tighten up border security and come up with a workable plan to assimilate the people currently here as citizens.
so out with it then
viable solution?
letting them stay is not a solution
so how do you get them to leave?
I have a solution, tell me what you think...
When Illegals go to the hospital...treat them then turn them over to INS
when they get arrested for stuff...turn them over to INS
when they get pulled over with no license...turn them over
when they get into a bar fight...turn them over
etc
seem fair?
no violation of civil rights
you found us
we didn't find you...

 
Old 05-08-2010, 11:00 PM
 
Location: Purgatory (A.K.A. Dallas, Texas)
5,010 posts, read 12,808,501 times
Reputation: 2414
Quote:
Originally Posted by minesbroken View Post
so out with it then
viable solution?
letting them stay is not a solution
so how do you get them to leave?
I have a solution, tell me what you think...
When Illegals go to the hospital...treat them then turn them over to INS
when they get arrested for stuff...turn them over to INS
when they get pulled over with no license...turn them over
when they get into a bar fight...turn them over
etc
seem fair?
no violation of civil rights
you found us
we didn't find you...

There is no INS. When an illegal immigrant is found, they often do get reported to ICE, who might or might not begin deportation. But they can't keep them all in a cell during deportation proceedings, and who is going to stick around for that? Immigration laws are federal, and enforced by federal agencies.

There are untold numbers of illegal immigrants and they aren't all going away. Cops have better things to do than harass people of dubious legal status who aren't bothering anyone.
 
Old 05-08-2010, 11:06 PM
 
29 posts, read 24,253 times
Reputation: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbiggleswurth View Post
What does an illegal look like?
Well, considering that Arizona has Mexico on it's southern border, I would guess that illegals in that state don't look like they're blonde-haired, blue-eyed Scandinavians.

Do you always ask stupid questions when you're losing the argument?
 
Old 05-08-2010, 11:12 PM
 
Location: Mastic Beach
752 posts, read 1,240,130 times
Reputation: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
There is no INS. When an illegal immigrant is found, they often do get reported to ICE, who might or might not begin deportation. But they can't keep them all in a cell during deportation proceedings, and who is going to stick around for that? Immigration laws are federal, and enforced by federal agencies.

There are untold numbers of illegal immigrants and they aren't all going away. Cops have better things to do than harass people of dubious legal status who aren't bothering anyone.
INS IS immigration services
 
Old 05-08-2010, 11:15 PM
 
Location: Purgatory (A.K.A. Dallas, Texas)
5,010 posts, read 12,808,501 times
Reputation: 2414
Quote:
Originally Posted by minesbroken View Post
INS IS immigration services

INS doesn't exist anymore. If you're going to plan on arguing things, some basic facts might be in order.
 
Old 05-08-2010, 11:16 PM
 
Location: Mastic Beach
752 posts, read 1,240,130 times
Reputation: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
INS doesn't exist anymore. If you're going to plan on arguing things, some basic facts might be in order.
well they still have a web site
got my BASIC FACTS there...
I get the feeling that you don't like to be wrong...
now I'm sure I like you
 
Old 05-08-2010, 11:19 PM
 
Location: Purgatory (A.K.A. Dallas, Texas)
5,010 posts, read 12,808,501 times
Reputation: 2414
Quote:
Originally Posted by minesbroken View Post
well they still have a web site

They do? Because I don't see INS anywhere on it. I see ICE and USCIS.
 
Old 05-08-2010, 11:20 PM
 
29 posts, read 24,253 times
Reputation: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
Despite the delusional offerings on here, illegals aren't going away, nor are they some creeping danger to life and limb.

Tighten up border security and come up with a workable plan to assimilate the people currently here as citizens.
The only delusional "offerings" I see here are coming from those opposed to the law...which I'd be willing to bet none of them have actually read what the law says.

The main reason AZ passed the law is BECAUSE illegals ARE a danger to life and limb of those who live in Arizona.....especially in the Phoenix area. Don't you read/watch the news?

The law was also passed because the federal government has refused to take the action needed to "tighten the border" security.

To "assimilate" those who are already here, who are NOT citizens....they are ILLEGALS (you DO know what the definition of ILLEGAL is, don't you?)....is to condone criminality. So you want to "assimilate" criminals? Besides, the WH HAS A "WORKABLE (FOR THEM)" plan, and it's called amnesty, and it's purpose is to increase the number of votes for the party of corruption and lawlessness....otherwise known as the democrat party.

Delusionalism is another common trait amongst progressives. Reality to them is what they say it is.
 
Old 05-08-2010, 11:21 PM
 
317 posts, read 343,674 times
Reputation: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshadow View Post
Well, considering that Arizona has Mexico on it's southern border, I would guess that illegals in that state don't look like they're blonde-haired, blue-eyed Scandinavians.

Do you always ask stupid questions when you're losing the argument?
I was merely asking questions, which most members refuse to give a straight answer. If you take that as an argument, so be it. By your answer you admit that Aryan looking people in Arizona will not be targeted by this law, hence you admit that this law will be disproportionately applied to Hispanics.
 
Old 05-08-2010, 11:22 PM
 
Location: Mastic Beach
752 posts, read 1,240,130 times
Reputation: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
They do? Because I don't see INS anywhere on it. I see ICE and USCIS.
type INS into google... it will bring you here Immigration services covers more than just deportation.
you are just like the energizer bunny
you just keep going and going....
I can however see how the web site for "ICE" would be more direct
cudos
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top