U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 11:59 PM

5,010 posts, read 12,812,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by minesbroken View Post
I don't know what state you live in...but in ny if I get caught speeding they write a ticket if I have all my legal paperwork they CANT arrest me.
If I have an out tail light it's a fix it ticket
if I don't use my blinker
its a ticket
they cant arrest you for a traffic infraction unless you have no ID and/or no paperwork for the vehicle
your fountain of misinformation is running dry

Actually, they can. You can be arrested for any infraction of the law. It's just simply too much of a bother to do it.

Old 05-09-2010, 12:02 AM

752 posts, read 1,240,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
Actually, they can. You can be arrested for any infraction of the law. It's just simply too much of a bother to do it.
are you a lawyer?
because you should consult one
YOUR WRONG
you cant be arrested for a traffic infraction.
If you have all your legal paperwork
and you are LEGAL
you cant be arrested
if you think you can then offer proof...

Old 05-09-2010, 12:09 AM

Quote:
are you a lawyer?
because you should consult one
YOUR WRONG
you cant be arrested for a traffic infraction.
If you have all your legal paperwork
and you are LEGAL
you cant be arrested
if you think you can then offer proof...

When can I be arrested by the police? - WORLD Law Direct

Quote:
You may be arrested by a police officer who personally saw you violate any statute, city ordinance, or federal law. The law may be a serious crime (a felony) or a lesser offense (a misdemeanor). The important thing is that the officer sees the violation. If the charge is a minor traffic offense, the law requires the officer to just ticket you (that is, give you a citation which orders you to appear in court later), rather than arrest you. However, if you refuse to sign the citation, or refuse to identify yourself, or if it appears to the officer that you are in need of medical attention, then he can arrest you on this minor traffic offense.

Your Honor, I swear he seemed like he was short of breath and needed medical attention...

Old 05-09-2010, 12:13 AM

A quote from your "lawyers website" proves my point.

If the charge is a minor traffic offense, the law requires the officer to just ticket you (that is, give you a citation which orders you to appear in court later), rather than arrest you. However, if you refuse to sign the citation, or refuse to identify yourself, or if it appears to the officer that you are in need of medical attention, then he can arrest you on this minor traffic offense.

so like I said
having the proper paperwork, and assuming of course you aren't bleeding out in your car...they cant arrest you

Old 05-09-2010, 12:16 AM

Oh, but they can if they want to.

As I said..."But Your Honor, he seemed short of breath and like he was having a medical issue. I felt it necessary to detain him for his own good."

Old 05-09-2010, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
Oh, but they can if they want to.

As I said..."But Your Honor, he seemed short of breath and like he was having a medical issue. I felt it necessary to detain him for his own good."
that's grasping at straws again
legally they cant.
now your saying "but they can lie" "then they can arrest you"
If I had wings I could fly...
don't you ever admit when your wrong?

Old 05-09-2010, 12:25 AM

29 posts, read 24,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbiggleswurth View Post
I was merely asking questions, which most members refuse to give a straight answer. If you take that as an argument, so be it. By your answer you admit that Aryan looking people in Arizona will not be targeted by this law, hence you admit that this law will be disproportionately applied to Hispanics.
How about you stop trying to tell me what I admit to or not. Unless you're some kind of mindreader.

What I did is a thing called critical thinking, based on the obvious, and used something that proggies don't have the ability to use....it's called logic.

If an Aryan-looking person is stopped for commiting some type of violation of the law, and they're in the country illegally, they are subject to the same demands of the law as a hispanic looking person.

Your assumption that the law will be applied "disproportionately" is a fabrication on your part, with no basis whatsoever in truth. And your claim that I admit to it is also a fabrication.

How long have you been dwelling in this imaginary world of yours? Shouldn't you consider getting some professional help?

Old 05-09-2010, 12:31 AM

Quote:
that's grasping at straws again
legally they cant.
now your saying "but they can lie" "then they can arrest you"
If I had wings I could fly...
don't you ever admit when your wrong?
guess not...
seems I am the bigger person today.
either way.

Old 05-09-2010, 12:33 AM

29 posts, read 24,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbiggleswurth View Post
Ad hominem attacks, and apparently illiteracy is common among right wingers.
Not ad hominim attacks...just a statement of the facts, based on the words and the actions of those to whom the statement is directed.

Your statement regarding right-wingers is far more an ad hominim attack than what I said....especially when it's been proven that "right-wingers" are more intelligent, better educated, better informed, and just generally more knowledgeable than those on the left.

You want to play that game with me, mrsbiggles, go for it.

Let's start with the question, "Have you read the Arizona law."? Do you know what it actually says, or are you just shooting off your alligator mouth when your hummingbird brain doesn't know the facts?
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/wash...an-brewer.html

Old 05-09-2010, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshadow View Post
Not ad hominim attacks...just a statement of the facts, based on the words and the action of those of whom the statement is directed.

Your statement regarding right-wingers is far more an ad hominim attack than what I said....especially when it's been proven that "right-wingers" are more intelligent, better educated, better informed, and just generally more knowledgeable than those on the left.

You want to play that game with me, mrsbiggles, go for it.

Let's start with the question, "Have you read the Arizona law."? Do you know what it actually says, or are you just shooting off your alligator mouth when your hummingbird brain doesn't know the facts?

Don't bother man, your arguing into an empty kettle. there is no common sense or base for argument at the other end. just an incessant need to be correct at all costs.
when they feel the argument going in a direction they dont approve of they make derogatory comments instead of admitting they could be wrong.
getmeoutofhere proved me wrong on a couple of points and I admitted my mistakes after he resorted to the name calling,
I proved him wrong on a couple of things and he left the stadium.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or