U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 06:21 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,679,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Maybe A Good Candidate For Prez Jan Brewer, she seems to be a doer not a talker like most politicians. I like what she is doing with immigration, conceal carry and the AZ state budget. The more I find out the better she looks.

Here are a few links

Jan Brewer

Immigration

Conceal Carry

AZ Budget PDF

National Day Of Prayer
TRUEGRITT !!! ... Precisely Right !

This decisive and effective action of Arizona's "Proud American" Lady Govenor makes HO & The "Pitiful Political Circus" in Washington D.C. look exceedingly inept and sadly amateurish in the face of this "Illegal Alien & Unsecured Border" debacle !

Govenor Brewer deserves the admiration and gratitude of American Citizens everywhere for her courage to take charge of a dangerous situation in her state and resolutely take the necessary steps to enable law enforcement to better protect the states citizens.

It's a pathetic shame that our so called elected representatives in Washington D.C. are not even remotely interested in taking the strong action required in effectively securing the Southern Border !

Perhaps Gov. Brewer's positive actions will encourage more of the same resolute actions from other Southern Border states ! So Mote It Be !

Thanks / Old Sgt. Lamar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2010, 08:00 PM

41,314 posts, read 38,634,950 times
Quote:
I bet you only believe in majority rules when you are in favor of the policy the majority supports, right?
Actually, no. I'm all for states rights and voter determination on most issues.

Here's another poll to chew on;

55% of Colorado Voters Favor Immigration Law Like Arizona's - Rasmussen Reports™

Quote:
Fifty-five percent (55%) of Colorado voters favor a law like the one just adopted in Arizona that authorizes local police to stop individuals they suspect of being illegal immigrants, according to a new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey in the state. Thirty-five percent (35%) oppose such a law.
obama and the democrats are on the wrong side of this issue.

Old 05-08-2010, 08:06 PM

202 posts, read 160,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
I don't flout polls that have that small of a sample size and attempt to attribute them to millions of people's views, unlike FAUX NEWS who use push polls that are published with selected information withheld.
Source for polls that sample 100,000 voters...??

Educate us...

Old 05-08-2010, 10:53 PM

2,791 posts, read 3,567,258 times
Seems the overwhelming majority of Americans are in support of the Arizona law. It is WAY past time that we Americans get together & end the INVASION by illegal immigrants. Think of just the JOBS it would create, think of all the TAX MONEY we'd save, if we stopped giving FREE HEALTHCARE & WELFARE to illegals!
I just can't understand why we are NOT stopping this , it is ruining our country.

Old 05-09-2010, 12:06 AM

5,615 posts, read 12,472,863 times
Quote:
...FAUX NEWS...
There are a few stupid terms both sides have that completely destroy the credibility of the person using them. Congratulations for discovering one of them.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:13 AM

5,787 posts, read 6,691,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
He doesn't have any to post. Or maybe he'll post one from La Raza.
Post one from la raza, huh? I see you're talking points are coming from stormfront then?

Old 05-10-2010, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Huh??

None of the polls have been debunked OR debated by you.
I guess a simple explanation for a simple mind:

extremely small sample size does not speak for a majority of opinion(s), and especially not one that is a push poll, or as people who can understand statistics...you can't cherry pick an answer and expect others to believe you as fact. But then again there are far more that just take what they get fed, than really understand what they're hearing/reading. Alas another reason to put education as a top priority.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Of course, you can't prove any of that.

But you flout your opinion?

That's really all you have on this issue.

I hope you're not insulted if we don't give much weight to that.
Of course I flout my opinion, but NEVER, EVER try to pass it off as fact with a laughable, push poll and try to put it out there as fact for an entire demographic or party. That would be stupid. Well, there you go....conundrum solved.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:24 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,711,302 times
Quote:
Um, no. 60% of American's approve of doing something to secure the borders...not the law or the way it's been enacted.
Precisely!

Only 51% approve of the law as written.
9% think that it doesn't go far enough.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/04/us/04poll.html

Quote:
But 51 percent said the Arizona law was “about right” in its approach to the problem. Thirty-six percent said it went too far and 9 percent said it did not go far enough.
The number of Americans who think something needs to be done is 78%.

Quote:
The public broadly agrees, across party lines, that the United States could be doing more along its border to keep illegal immigrants out. The view was shared by 78 percent of the respondents.
So sorry. While that's reality, I'm sure it's not really the point that you were trying to make.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorse1 View Post
Source for polls that sample 100,000 voters...??

Educate us...
100,000 voters, nah the pollsters would never go that far. But 300? Accurate pollsters would never accept that small of a sample size, and people who are smart enough to know better would never try to pass that off as a poll that would try to be passed off as a position for that demographic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration