U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 02:27 PM

1,065 posts, read 946,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
The sad part about this law and the people that support it is that they actually think it's going to help stop illegal immigration. Conservatives always think everything can be cured with enforcement and wars.The war on drugs as been going on for 30 years, laws that put people in jail for 20 years for the smallest quantities have long been in place but the illegal drug trade is still bustling.
What is sad is that you think you know what your talking about
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2010, 02:35 PM

12,263 posts, read 8,991,479 times
That was a good video. Anyone know if the MSM has had the cojones to play it?

Old 05-08-2010, 02:35 PM

1,065 posts, read 946,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
who was laughing about the border problems with Mexico? Not Obama.

He realizes Arizona is in pain. The show-me-your-papers law is bad law.

Two different things.

Do you not realize that, or....?
I show my papers when I buy Claritin D . Its not to much to ask . He can " feel Arizona's pain " LMAO did you save some kool aid for the others ?

Old 05-08-2010, 02:43 PM

18,095 posts, read 16,629,431 times
I wonder why she didn't slap Bush's face with this when he was in office? Oh thats right, he was a republican.

Old 05-08-2010, 02:45 PM

12,263 posts, read 8,991,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
What a buffoon our President is to mock Arizona for taking steps to fix this crisis that this and past Administrations have refused and continue to refuse to fix, even though it's the law to do so. I would be highly embarrassed to cause one of my states to take this kind of step rather than mock them. He should be standing up there saying he hears Arizona, and he is looking for a solution, and commit to a solution. He is a divider, not a uniter. He is pandering for the illegal immigrant vote and has zero credibility.

Way to go Jan Brewer. Keep up the good work.
Not only is he a divider, he is a punisher.

If you don't toe whatever ideological line he draws in the sand, you're toast. And he might be pandering for the illegal vote, but a lot of legal Hispanics in this country aren't happy the illegals flooding over the border. The GOP has a natural constituency there and I hope they understand it. I hope they pay attention to this group -

Latino Partnership - Home

Old 05-08-2010, 02:49 PM

19,273 posts, read 20,155,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I wonder why she didn't slap Bush's face with this when he was in office? Oh thats right, he was a republican.
And she wasn't the governor.

Old 05-08-2010, 02:53 PM

7,044 posts, read 6,170,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
The sad part about this law and the people that support it is that they actually think it's going to help stop illegal immigration. Conservatives always think everything can be cured with enforcement and wars.The war on drugs as been going on for 30 years, laws that put people in jail for 20 years for the smallest quantities have long been in place but the illegal drug trade is still bustling.
the illegals are leaving Arizona by the thousands. yes it's working. every state should try it. the illegal drugs will also be dealt a blow even you seem to thing both are OK

Old 05-08-2010, 03:33 PM

425 posts, read 273,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Sad isn't it ? Honestly if there was a written test like an SAT and adult had to pass in order to vote we wouldn't be in such a mess. One should only be allowed to vote on as much as they can comprehend.

Old 05-08-2010, 03:39 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,540,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
LO effing L! I can't wait to read the snappy comeback/response to this.

(Too bad you can't rep more proportional to your own rep - you'd get my whole allotment for today. I'm still actually laughing out loud right now.)

Old 05-08-2010, 03:41 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,007,062 times
I find this law cooked up by the whiteys in Phoenix comical.

I used to live an hour from the border in AZ. Lots of problems no doubt about that. However tons of people continuously exploit Mexico for cheap recreation/vacation/time shares because the currency exchange makes it possible. We also constantly benefit frm cheap goods from Mexican sweatshops.

Why do you think they're coming over into the U.S.??? Better paying jobs so they can support families, and escape from the cartels.

The violent illegals are a small minority by comparison.

If you want to deport them all, thats fine. But you're only going to make Mexicon and the border more dangerous because people will find that crime pays the bills.

Find the real sources of the problems. Whats making the Mexicans risk life and limb in the desert to get over here? I've been in that desert, it can kill you pretty quick, so what makes Mexico so bad? Do we have any influence on the lousy conditions in Mexico? Correct those problems.

Just sending them back is idiocy. You're only going to increase the recruiting base for the cartels. We don't have the funds or the manpower to make the border secure. Not a solution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration