U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-08-2010, 03:44 PM
 
2,689 posts, read 3,007,552 times
Reputation: 977

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
the illegals are leaving Arizona by the thousands. yes it's working. every state should try it. the illegal drugs will also be dealt a blow even you seem to thing both are OK

Where's your evidence? The law has only been enacted for a month, so how can someone really have any sort of knowledge about this group that was there illegally and is trying to stay off the radar?

Its just as likely the crappy economy in AZ that is the result of the housing bubble bursting made them leave.

I'd love to see some credible statistic. Showing that this law has that magnitude of immediate influence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-08-2010, 04:21 PM
 
19,447 posts, read 13,193,240 times
Reputation: 4874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
While I certainly agree with the sentiment of the ad , using a clip from the Correspondent's dinner is a little "off base".

The speeches made at that dinner are on a night where "off the cuff" comments are said in humor.
Agreed, but condescension, ridicule and belittling those who disagree with him are his bread and butter.


YouTube - Obama on "waving tea bags around"


YouTube - Obama's Mockery of Tea Party Stirs Tax & Deficit Debate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2010, 04:23 PM
 
Location: southern california
55,237 posts, read 72,427,088 times
Reputation: 47455
very true and its not just about AZ although the la raza would have you think it is.
its about americans wanting their country and jobs back. the feds have simply refused to enforce the law.
when the law breaks the law there is no law (billy jack 1972)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2010, 05:19 PM
 
719 posts, read 841,458 times
Reputation: 1247
If AZ keeps this up all the illegals are going to leave, crime will drop and jobs will open up, and the sold-out American wackos will stay out too with their silly boycotts. It might be a great place to live again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2010, 06:15 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
I find this law cooked up by the whiteys in Phoenix comical.

I used to live an hour from the border in AZ. Lots of problems no doubt about that. However tons of people continuously exploit Mexico for cheap recreation/vacation/time shares because the currency exchange makes it possible. We also constantly benefit frm cheap goods from Mexican sweatshops.

Why do you think they're coming over into the U.S.??? Better paying jobs so they can support families, and escape from the cartels.

The violent illegals are a small minority by comparison.

If you want to deport them all, thats fine. But you're only going to make Mexicon and the border more dangerous because people will find that crime pays the bills.

Find the real sources of the problems. Whats making the Mexicans risk life and limb in the desert to get over here? I've been in that desert, it can kill you pretty quick, so what makes Mexico so bad? Do we have any influence on the lousy conditions in Mexico? Correct those problems.

Just sending them back is idiocy. You're only going to increase the recruiting base for the cartels. We don't have the funds or the manpower to make the border secure. Not a solution.
Cooked up by the whiteys? Race card alert and you are wrong in just about everything else you stated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2010, 06:26 PM
 
Location: Where the sun always shines
1,866 posts, read 2,417,288 times
Reputation: 3376
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post

The violent illegals are a small minority by comparison.

If you want to deport them all, thats fine. But you're only going to make Mexicon and the border more dangerous because people will find that crime pays the bills.

Find the real sources of the problems. Whats making the Mexicans risk life and limb in the desert to get over here? I've been in that desert, it can kill you pretty quick, so what makes Mexico so bad? Do we have any influence on the lousy conditions in Mexico? Correct those problems.

Just sending them back is idiocy. You're only going to increase the recruiting base for the cartels. .
I think u missed the point. Most of us could give a rats A** as to what happens in Mexico, as long as it stays on that side of the fence! If that walk across the desert can kill you then they shouldnt do it. The cartels can recruit whoever they want for that cartel as long as it stays there.
Did u ever watch DIE HARD 3 when Bruce Willis wanted Samuel Jackson to help him find a bomber? Jackson told him "that bomber is a white man with white problems. Call me when he crosses 110th street". Same concept here. Its harsh but the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2010, 08:09 AM
 
Location: Sierra Vista, AZ
16,116 posts, read 20,155,449 times
Reputation: 8204
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
The show me your papers law has been federal law since 1940. Anyone that is a non-citizen must have proof they are here legally. It's been that way for 70 years now.

If Obama thought it was a bad law he should have it repealed at the federal level. I'm sure the dems in Congress would go along with it.
Obama doesn't repeal laws, Congress does. We've been waiting for decades for McCain and Kyl to do something
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2010, 02:26 PM
 
34,990 posts, read 33,866,355 times
Reputation: 6156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
I show my papers when I buy Claritin D . Its not to much to ask . He can " feel Arizona's pain " LMAO did you save some kool aid for the others ?
For some reason my reply to this got deleted as "off-topic," but my reply was, you're misquoting my post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2010, 02:33 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
I find this law cooked up by the whiteys in Phoenix comical.

I used to live an hour from the border in AZ. Lots of problems no doubt about that. However tons of people continuously exploit Mexico for cheap recreation/vacation/time shares because the currency exchange makes it possible. We also constantly benefit frm cheap goods from Mexican sweatshops.

Why do you think they're coming over into the U.S.??? Better paying jobs so they can support families, and escape from the cartels.

The violent illegals are a small minority by comparison.

If you want to deport them all, thats fine. But you're only going to make Mexicon and the border more dangerous because people will find that crime pays the bills.

Find the real sources of the problems. Whats making the Mexicans risk life and limb in the desert to get over here? I've been in that desert, it can kill you pretty quick, so what makes Mexico so bad? Do we have any influence on the lousy conditions in Mexico? Correct those problems.

Just sending them back is idiocy. You're only going to increase the recruiting base for the cartels. We don't have the funds or the manpower to make the border secure. Not a solution.
Maybe Mexico needs a revolution. Why I say that is Mx is NOT a poor nation; its per capita income is ca. $13,500 a year. What the peons need is a 'Martin Luther King' to stand up the the (mostly) White elite and demand their rights.

And yes, we need to come down hard on the illegals in this nation----------we owe Mexico nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2010, 05:09 AM
 
Location: square thing with a roof
894 posts, read 950,183 times
Reputation: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I wonder why she didn't slap Bush's face with this when he was in office? Oh thats right, he was a republican.
Because when Bush was president, Brewer wasn't Governor of Arizona.
Napolitano was the 21st Governor of Arizona from 2003 to 2009.

After being elected as president, Obama tapped Napolitano to join his administration.

Quote:
Janice Kay "Jan" Brewer (born September 26, 1944) is the 22nd and current Governor of the U.S. state of Arizona and is a Republican. Jan Brewer automatically became governor of Arizona as part of the line of succession as determined by the Arizona constitution, replacing former governor Janet Napolitano. Jan Brewer became governor at a time of extreme economic upheaval for the state, and issues such as a dwindling tax base, record foreclosures, public education funding, illegal immigration and healthcare have all been key issues during her time in office.
Jan Brewer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top