Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 07:58 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,891 times

Advertisements

I really wanted to like Obama, even though I voted for a third party candidate, but he's a jackass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 08:01 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
I find this law cooked up by the whiteys in Phoenix comical.

I used to live an hour from the border in AZ. Lots of problems no doubt about that. However tons of people continuously exploit Mexico for cheap recreation/vacation/time shares because the currency exchange makes it possible. We also constantly benefit frm cheap goods from Mexican sweatshops.

Why do you think they're coming over into the U.S.??? Better paying jobs so they can support families, and escape from the cartels.

The violent illegals are a small minority by comparison.

If you want to deport them all, thats fine. But you're only going to make Mexicon and the border more dangerous because people will find that crime pays the bills.

Find the real sources of the problems. Whats making the Mexicans risk life and limb in the desert to get over here? I've been in that desert, it can kill you pretty quick, so what makes Mexico so bad? Do we have any influence on the lousy conditions in Mexico? Correct those problems.

Just sending them back is idiocy. You're only going to increase the recruiting base for the cartels. We don't have the funds or the manpower to make the border secure. Not a solution.
Whiteys? Nothing at all racist about that statement.....

If we can fund bridges to nowhere, we can find the funds to secure our border. What a ridiculous statement. So by your reckoning, any nation that is going through difficult economic times should just abandon the security of its citizens....

Now there's a solution we can all live without.

Old 05-10-2010, 09:11 AM

8,625 posts, read 10,148,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
MAYBE MEXICO NEEDS A REVOLUTION. Why I say that is Mx is NOT a poor nation; its per capita income is ca. $13,500 a year. What the peons need is a 'Martin Luther King' to stand up the the (mostly) White elite and demand their rights.

And yes, we need to come down hard on the illegals in this nation----------we owe Mexico nothing.
I think we have a winner.

Illegal immigrants from Mexico who love their home nation (Mexico) should be back there fighting all the corruption and start making demands of their own country to make it a better place instead of taking advantage of and making demands of our nation (US) that has done nothing but help support them when they should've been deported back to Mexico for entering our country illegally (let's not forget that it is a crime). They should be grateful that they've gotten away with as much as they did instead of crying and complaining and using the race card as an excuse for pity and more free handouts. There is so much work to be done and progress to be made in your own native country, so before you start complaining about the progress still needed here in the U.S., please get to it. Quit riding on the coattails of a nation that has worked very hard to get where we are and has made it easier for you to enter our country legally than many other nations have. If you'd like to become a naturalized citizen, don't be a cheat. Perhaps go to school, learn a trade, etc... and get in line like the many other potential citizens from other countries prepare and do. Then we will take you in with open arms.

Old 05-10-2010, 09:35 AM

49 posts, read 28,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
While I certainly agree with the sentiment of the ad , using a clip from the Correspondent's dinner is a little "off base".

The speeches made at that dinner are on a night where "off the cuff" comments are said in humor.
No, it was completely inappropriate, but par for the course for the man child in office.

Old 05-10-2010, 09:42 AM

49 posts, read 28,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
who was laughing about the border problems with Mexico? Not Obama.

He realizes Arizona is in pain. The show-me-your-papers law is bad law.

Two different things.

Do you not realize that, or....?
you've never even read the law if you are saying what you said. Are you saying the federal law is also bad law? Do you know what is expected of you as an American citizen when you travel to Europe? You MUST have your papers ON YOU AT ALL TIMES or be detained and they can ask you at will. Have a problem with that too?

Old 05-10-2010, 09:59 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I wonder why she didn't slap Bush's face with this when he was in office? Oh thats right, he was a republican.

Because Jan Brewer became governor because on January 21, 2009 Democratic Governor Janet Napolitano resigned to become United States Secretary of Homeland Security.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Obama doesn't repeal laws, Congress does. We've been waiting for decades for McCain and Kyl to do something
0bama's party controls both the congress and senate, if he wanted them to repeal they could have made it happen. He also could have closed Gitmo, banned all earmarks, banned lobbyists from his administration, and well, a lot of things that I could list, but I'm sure this post would get deleted for going off topic.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:05 AM

1,089 posts, read 655,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
What a baffoon our President is to mock Arizona for taking steps to fix this crisis that this and past Administrations have refused and continue to refuse to fix, even though it's the law to do so. I would be highly embarrassed to cause one of my states to take this kind of step rather than mock them. He should be standing up there saying he hears Arizona, and he is looking for a solution, and commit to a solution. He is a divider, not a uniter. He is pandering for the illegal immigrant vote and has zero credibility.

Way to go Jan Brewer. Keep up the good work.
Brewer is the buffoon, she doesn't even know what an illegal alien looks like. Do you?

Does anyone remember President Bush mocking searching for WMD at the White House Correspondents Dinner? THAT was disgraceful!!!

YouTube - President Bush at 2004 White House Correspondents Dinner

Old 05-10-2010, 10:12 AM

8,625 posts, read 10,148,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
Brewer is the buffoon, she doesn't even know what an illegal alien looks like. Do you?

Does anyone remember President Bush mocking searching for WMD at the White House Correspondents Dinner? THAT was disgraceful!!!

YouTube - President Bush at 2004 White House Correspondents Dinner
Do you know what an illegal alien looks like? You shouldn't be racially profiling now...

Old 05-10-2010, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
Who said she was basing this law on what people look like? In fact, neither ethnicity or race can be used as a reason to ask for a person's identification.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration