Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 01:42 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Gov. Jan Brewer has just slapped the gauntlet across the president's face with this TV ad.

YouTube - President Obama, No One in Arizona is Laughing

Wish we had governors doing this a decade ago. The border problems with Mexico have gotten worse, and what we are seeing is what happens when the federal government is refusing to protect the country, because its policy makers are more interested in pushing their political agendas.
who was laughing about the border problems with Mexico? Not Obama.

He realizes Arizona is in pain. The show-me-your-papers law is bad law.

Two different things.

Do you not realize that, or....?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2010, 01:43 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliveandwellinSA View Post
Talk about bogus polls Rassmussen is never within 15 points of anyone else.

I live in Arizona..... our state has been taken over by Fascists
Send in federal troops

Old 05-08-2010, 01:48 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,431,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliveandwellinSA View Post
Thanks for the link!!! It goes on in detail as to why the Rasmussen poll can't be trusted..

Quote:
I’ve got a question mark in the headline because, insanely, Rasmussen didn’t refine his sample to isolate the data from Latinos
Quote:
The sub-sample of Latino likely voters must be relatively small, which would mean a large margin of error.

Old 05-08-2010, 01:49 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,087,069 times
Their illegal, they are breaking the law. Send them packing and get over it!!

Old 05-08-2010, 01:49 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
who was laughing about the border problems with Mexico? Not Obama.

He realizes Arizona is in pain. The show-me-your-papers law is bad law.

Two different things.

Do you not realize that, or....?
The show me your papers law has been federal law since 1940. Anyone that is a non-citizen must have proof they are here legally. It's been that way for 70 years now.

If Obama thought it was a bad law he should have it repealed at the federal level. I'm sure the dems in Congress would go along with it.

Old 05-08-2010, 01:54 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,671,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
The show me your papers law has been federal law since 1940. Anyone that is a non-citizen must have proof they are here legally. It's been that way for 70 years now.

If Obama thought it was a bad law he should have it repealed at the federal level. I'm sure the dems in Congress would go along with it.
This is irrevelant. The law applies to citizens who must prove they are here legally. A non citizen is going to produce a birth certificate proving they are born in the US? Really?

Old 05-08-2010, 01:58 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
This is irrevelant. The law applies to citizens who must prove they are here legally. A non citizen is going to produce a birth certificate proving they are born in the US? Really?
A non citizen must show proof they are here legally. Green card, passport, etc......I never said anything about a birth certificate or even where the person was born.

Old 05-08-2010, 02:06 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
That's a false extrapolation from an extremely small sample sized poll done by FAUX NEWS. But I'm sure that doesn't stop people from using it. Just know that not everyone believes it just cause you're saying it.
What does MSNBC have to do with this?

Old 05-08-2010, 02:10 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
Well, they certianly aren't laughing to the bank. Even mainstream Republicans know this is a terrible and frankly stupid idea. I believe the state has already lost a few dozen million dollars.

They have managed to alienate the fastest growing segment of the population. That's alright tho, the Republican party is slowly nailing its own coffin.
Enforcing our own immigration laws is "terrible" and "stupid?"

And contrary to your claim, many voters are going to approve of actually doing something about those who illegally enter our country.

Old 05-08-2010, 02:21 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,505,203 times
The sad part about this law and the people that support it is that they actually think it's going to help stop illegal immigration. Conservatives always think everything can be cured with enforcement and wars.The war on drugs as been going on for 30 years, laws that put people in jail for 20 years for the smallest quantities have long been in place but the illegal drug trade is still bustling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration