U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-12-2010, 11:49 AM
 
6,011 posts, read 6,731,869 times
Reputation: 739

Advertisements

Quote:
Hell, the Jews waited 2,000 years to get their land back, and by golly they did. It may take Mexico that long, but, it would be hard to blame them anymore than we blame the Jews for getting their land back.
are u freaking serious? those jews have no ties to the land they call israel, wait a sec will christians get any of their land back too lmao
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-12-2010, 12:33 PM
 
2,549 posts, read 2,331,363 times
Reputation: 898
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
are u freaking serious? those jews have no ties to the land they call israel, wait a sec will christians get any of their land back too lmao
I would think that the Jewish people would likely not have gotten "their" land back without the support of the US or at least prominent Jewish people in the US. Who would Mexico look to for such support? Spain? Perhaps Mexicans in the US? But I doubt they have anywhere near the resources that the Jewish people had / have.

Here in the US, long before the Spaniards, and others, travelled and colonized, there were indigenous people living and thriving. Go back further and someone else was here. Let's assume that humans, as we know them now, came from West Africa some 75,000 years ago. Eventually decendants of those people ended up here but it has been a constant migration. It's only been several hundreds of years since "civilized" people have called this land theirs' either exterminating the indigenous or inter mingling with them. Ownership belongs to the last victor (To the victor go the spoils). Change is inevitable wether we like it or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2010, 03:41 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,158,884 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Floyd View Post
OK. I lied. I am not done. Again. I agree with much of what you say. But I take exception to your posts as follows:

"Here is where you go wrong in your response to my post about the "locals". The "locals" would have to be illegal aliens since they felt the need to reach them in Spanish."

This is a BS conclusion. I personally know a fair amount of Latin people from this area. I went to school with many of them and played sports against many of them. They are middle class people. They vote. They pay taxes. They do pretty much all the things that my family does and did. The chief difference? The parents first language is Spanish. Some of the parents never bothered to learn English at least at what one might call fluent. Nothing illegal about that. Simply their choice to do so. And I'm sure they find Spanish easier in spite of being legal.

"Is McDonald trying to reach the "locals" in Mandarin? No, of course not because in spite of your claim that you don't know that the majority of illegals are Mexicans/Latinos....they are!"

In El Sereno, the majority of illegals are likely Latino. That's who lives there. But that is far different than saying the majority of Latinos / locals that live there are illegal. For Mandarin, you need to go to Alhambra, where the Chinese live in a high concentration. The banks and other local businesses have everything in some Chinese dialect. They don't need to speak English if they don't want to. Are they legal? I don't know.

"There was not a strong presence of Latinos in this country prior to the illegal invasion."

Exactly when did this illegal invasion start? Where I live, which is the same place my parents lived, there has always been a lot of Latinos. I can open my mom's yearbook from Franklin High School (1951) and I see as many Latinos, if not more, than other ethnicities. The same goes for my yearbook nearly 30 years later. I guess this is not reflective of the country as a whole by your estimates.

So I close by saying that I hope we entertained others with these discussions though they seem awfully one-sided. I have acknowledged many of your points but you have only focused on my "denial" or lack of understanding as perceived by you. As a discussion partner I would rate you low because you move forward steadfast in your beliefs without seeing, or recognizing any merit in a different point of view. Like talking to my ex. Who needs that?

Lastly, you don't need to quote all of my posts as you are only focusing on your message and only tidbits of mine. Now I am hungry and am going to get some huevos rancheros at my favorite HP Latino diner. I'll say hola for you and let the guys in back know that real Americans are watching them.

So I say goodbye / adios...have a good day / buenos dias...this is it / punto finale.
Well you have just proven the point that many Spanish speakers in this country do not assimilate. Thanks for backing that up. I have known some that have been here for years and they still don't speak a lick of English. However, most citizen Hispanics do because they have to know English in order to become a citizen.

My year book from a class in the early sixties and here in Mexifornia shows maybe a handful of Hispanics in it out of a huge class of graduates. The invasion from south of our border only started a few decades ago and accelerated in the past 10-20 years. Prior to that there was no significant population of Hispanics in this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2010, 07:50 PM
 
12 posts, read 14,688 times
Reputation: 14
Just taking back what is rightfully theirs. It is all occupied Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2010, 08:03 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,897,953 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogentman View Post
Just taking back what is rightfully theirs. It is all occupied Mexico.
According to who? Criminals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2010, 08:04 PM
 
Location: Up on the moon laughing down on you
18,509 posts, read 27,279,885 times
Reputation: 7567
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogentman View Post
Just taking back what is rightfully theirs. It is all occupied Mexico.
you need to go learn some history
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2010, 08:11 PM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,694,322 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogentman View Post
Just taking back what is rightfully theirs. It is all occupied Mexico.

Usted debe leer un libro de historia....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2010, 08:12 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,761,562 times
Reputation: 22163
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogentman View Post
Just taking back what is rightfully theirs. It is all occupied Mexico.
So explain the illegals in Chicago, New York and all the other states.

Mexico stole the land from the Indians. It was never rightfully Mexico's land if you want to look at it that way. The USA legitimately purchased most of the SW but Texans fought for their independence and won it fair and square.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2010, 02:45 AM
 
43 posts, read 99,405 times
Reputation: 32
The racist Mexican folks are quite hilarious. Taking back what's theirs? They only had the southwest because of New Spain's claim to the land. And what Malamute said is true, they did steal land from the Native people.
And before you start tossing this "we're indian" rhetoric, the majority of Mexicans are not Native American. The average person in Mexico is less than 25% Native American. Mexico DF, the majority of people are as low as 12% native to 35%. Just because you're brown skinned does not make you Native American culturally nor racially.
The vast Majority of Mexican Mestizos, some 80% are NOT Native. And even if you include the Indian population - pure blood Indians today represent about 10% of the entire population or less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2010, 09:33 AM
 
2,549 posts, read 2,331,363 times
Reputation: 898
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshin522 View Post
The racist Mexican folks are quite hilarious. Taking back what's theirs? They only had the southwest because of New Spain's claim to the land. And what Malamute said is true, they did steal land from the Native people.
And before you start tossing this "we're indian" rhetoric, the majority of Mexicans are not Native American. The average person in Mexico is less than 25% Native American. Mexico DF, the majority of people are as low as 12% native to 35%. Just because you're brown skinned does not make you Native American culturally nor racially.
The vast Majority of Mexican Mestizos, some 80% are NOT Native. And even if you include the Indian population - pure blood Indians today represent about 10% of the entire population or less.
Yo lo creo...es verdad! Refer to my post #112 for my a tidbit of my take on this...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top