U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 04:53 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,209,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarks View Post
First, Guatamala was not part of Mexico, surely you can figure that one out fairly quickly, it was ruled by its own Captain General.

Second, Once upon a time there was a republic. It had a neighbor, the President of that neighbor wanted to add slave holding states to the Republic, and it wanted a port on the Pacific Coast. So,
it landed an Army at Veracruz which fought its way to the Capitol City, took it, and held it for two years. It also sent an army across the Rio Grande into the heart of Mexico, another army into Nuevo Mexico, taking the Capitol, Santa Fe, where it split, one army went south into the heart of Mexico, the other went west taking territory until running into a Mexican Army and was in the process of getting wiped out when it was rescued by a force of sailors and Marines from Navy ships which had taken San Diego, another army came down from the north taking the coast of California before meeting with the rest of the invaders.

In the mean time ships of the Republic took most of the Mexican west coast ports, like Acapulco, and La Paz and Mazatlan and held them for several years,

5 armies and the Navy attacked a country which had done them no harm, occupied the Capitol and major ports for several years, and took half the country.

It was an invasion without pretext, it was highly unpopular in the Republic of America, and it cut a neighboring nation in two taking half that nations land.

And you think the Mexicans should get over it???

Hell, the Jews waited 2,000 years to get their land back, and by golly they did. It may take Mexico that long, but, it would be hard to blame them anymore than we blame the Jews for getting their land back.
Correct me if I am wrong but weren't those invaders the Spaniards and not Americans?

Yes, Mexico should get over it. They were paid 15 million dollars and forgiven many debts by the U.S. for certain southwest territories. They signed the dotted line on the agreement! Everyone involved in that history are all dead now so why are the Mexicans of today whining about the past? They only want this country or at least parts of the southwest because we are a successful country. If we were anything like Mexico itself they wouldn't care less about it. Wars have been fought and lands have exchanged hands thruout the history of the world. The history between the U.S. and Mexico is no different.

What gets me is those Mexicans claiming stolen land and yet they are here illegally in every state of the union. Did we "steal" New York from Mexico?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2010, 05:00 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,751,726 times
Quote:
First, Guatamala was not part of Mexico, surely you can figure that one out fairly quickly, it was ruled by its own Captain General.
Quote:
On September 15, 1821, the Captaincy-general of Guatemala (formed by Chiapas, Guatemala, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, and Honduras) officially proclaimed its independence from Spain and its incorporation into the Mexican Empire, which was dissolved two years later. This region had been formally subject to New Spain throughout the colonial period, but as a practical matter was administered separately. All but Chiapas soon separated from Mexico after Agustín I from Mexico was forced to abdicate.
Guatemala - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Translation: Guatemala WAS a part of Mexico for a short period of time------along with the other listed nations.

Quote:
Second, Once upon a time there was a republic. It had a neighbor, the President of that neighbor wanted to add slave holding states to the Republic, and it wanted a port on the Pacific Coast. So,
it landed an Army at Veracruz which fought its way to the Capitol City, took it, and held it for two years. It also sent an army across the Rio Grande into the heart of Mexico, another army into Nuevo Mexico, taking the Capitol, Santa Fe, where it split, one army went south into the heart of Mexico, the other went west taking territory until running into a Mexican Army and was in the process of getting wiped out when it was rescued by a force of sailors and Marines from Navy ships which had taken San Diego, another army came down from the north taking the coast of California before meeting with the rest of the invaders.

In the mean time ships of the Republic took most of the Mexican west coast ports, like Acapulco, and La Paz and Mazatlan and held them for several years,

5 armies and the Navy attacked a country which had done them no harm, occupied the Capitol and major ports for several years, and took half the country.

It was an invasion without pretext, it was highly unpopular in the Republic of America, and it cut a neighboring nation in two taking half that nations land.

Oh well-----------what happened was over 160 years ago. And Mexico needs to get over it. Germany got its butt whupped just recently and rebuilt itself as did Poland and many other places; it is now Mexico' turn to grow up.

Quote:
Hell, the Jews waited 2,000 years to get their land back, and by golly they did. It may take Mexico that long, but, it would be hard to blame them anymore than we blame the Jews for getting their land back.
Nice deflection there: note there was NO 'Mexico' till 1821; had they lost their war of independence; New Spain may have hing around a bit longer as a colony of Spain proper.

Besides: Mexico still exists and I am willing to hazard a guess that the original Jews had dominion over a lot more land than present day Israel. Frankly; it would not surprise me to see Israel disappear in another 20-40 years as the last of the Holocaust survivors die off.

Side note here: I still have a sneaking suspicion that even more of what is Mexico will devolve to the USA in the near future; Nuevo Leon comes to mind since they are becoming increasingly pissed off @ pouring $$$ into ratholes like Chiapas.

Old 05-08-2010, 05:09 PM

4,803 posts, read 3,158,207 times

"We are revolutionary Mexican organization here. We understand that this is not just about Mexico. It's about a global struggle against imperialism and capitalism... At the forefront of this revolutionary movement is La Raza. We will no longer fall for these lies called borders."

Old 05-08-2010, 05:32 PM

634 posts, read 1,350,632 times
Like I have said before we are very nieve to think that we are not being invaded. It really comes home to me when during these rallies they fly the Mexican flage ABOVE the American flag. This tells me we are under attack and we better take it seriously. I think we should close the border for 30 days, round up the illegal aliens and bus them back to the border and let the politicians who has scapegoated the local governments and borders states put out the fire!!!!!

Americans need to wake up, the next war could very well be with our neighbor and they could get lots of real estate in the bargain.

I am outraged at our politicians planning politics with what is clearly a national security issue!!

Old 05-08-2010, 05:39 PM

425 posts, read 275,326 times
In order to take over California these people would have to be able to perform in the High tech research areas. Wont happen en mass , they will always be in service related work , no amount of education can change that. They are what they are if they don't like that and try to kill off smart people they will be dealt with .Best way to do that is to take the Mexicans that can be corralled into submission and turn them on the others. Nothing like a solid Christian coalition to do that with finesse.

Old 05-08-2010, 05:45 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,734,389 times
only 1 thing attracts mexican people here, money.
if there is no medical and housing freebees if there are no jobs they dont come.
this too will pass.
they are not conquerers, they are job seekers.
next time you hire them to do the work you yourself are capable of doing, consider that you are helping to create the problem.

Old 05-08-2010, 05:56 PM

47,576 posts, read 59,013,432 times
Quote:

At least you're honest about your hatred of the USA.

Interesting though that you aren't actually living in Mexico, the money of the USA means far too much to you for that - but you're wrong. It was actually the government of Spain that had staked all those claims, it was after Mexico gained it's independence that states like Texas gained it's independence and Mexico's government was too frail to hold on to anything. It wasn't even 25 years after independence from Spain that Texas went it's own direction.

If we must turn back the clock, we need to turn it back just a little bit further and give all of Mexico back to Spain.

Old 05-08-2010, 05:59 PM

309 posts, read 1,095,968 times
Greetings to all,

What is really sad here is the way this is being handled, on both sides. The Mexicans came here to work, then they took a gamble to stay and some not obtain citizenship. Created families. Took jobs any job that most folks wont do. The contractors were allowed to use them for very low wages, Look at the Show Extreme "Home Make Over", they use the Mexicans also, saw the show live KC. MO when they showed the volunteers on the scene the white was leading and the Mexicans by the groves behind them, wearing brand new mathcing boots work belts, tools and clothes. Who do you think set that up?

There has been many American job providers who have used them. They Have been getting away with it for decades.
Now they want to bust chops on them. I believe our goverment has gotten it really wrong for decades and now they want to do something? What start a war the way they are handling it?
I say bring our Men home from war and let them guard the borders of America.
Let's get real and do it the right way. I know Mexico wouldn't allow us to be there and provide us with welfare. America has handed welfare to any immigrant on a silver platter. Look at all the jobs sent to Mexico.
WE NEED TO SUPPORT ARE AMERICAN WORKERS! Even if the cost maybe a little higher to purchase items AMERICAN made.

Fighting for land will never end. Wars will never end. Now the Mexicans are mad being called out.
God said if we humble ourselves and Pray, he will heal the land. All you none believers save your remarks, it hasn't sovled a thing yet.
Be Blessed

Old 05-08-2010, 06:45 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,378,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Correct me if I am wrong but weren't those invaders the Spaniards and not Americans?

Yes, Mexico should get over it. They were paid 15 million dollars and forgiven many debts by the U.S. for certain southwest territories. They signed the dotted line on the agreement! Everyone involved in that history are all dead now so why are the Mexicans of today whining about the past? They only want this country or at least parts of the southwest because we are a successful country. If we were anything like Mexico itself they wouldn't care less about it. Wars have been fought and lands have exchanged hands thruout the history of the world. The history between the U.S. and Mexico is no different.

What gets me is those Mexicans claiming stolen land and yet they are here illegally in every state of the union. Did we "steal" New York from Mexico?
Yes, Mexico should GET OVER IT. They only want the southwest U.S. because we are part of a successful country. If the Mexicans did take it over, they would turn it in to a real sh*$ hole like their own country. I have seen what they did to the border towns here in the U.S. Most bordertowns in Arizona anyway are real sh$% holes. This is because the leadership in these towns has no idea how to create jobs in the area. They can't attract any skilled workers because the towns have become real cesspools so no business that might create good jobs wouldn't even consider relocating there. Plus, you can't attract good jobs, if 95% of the population refuses to learn the language of business here in the U.S.

What gets me about the immigrants we are getting now is that they don't love this country. As a matter of fact, they seem to really hate this country. They don't want to assimilate, they want to continue celebrating Mexican holidays, they don't want to say the Pledge of Allegiance, they get mad when we where our flag in OUR OWN COUNTRY, they want to continue flying the Mexican flag above the American flag. I lived in an area with a high population of illegal immigrants and actually saw a bumper sticker that showed a Mexican carrying the Mexican flag and peeing on the American flag. Needless to say, I WAS APPAULED. If you hate this country so much, DON'T COME AND GO HOME. We only need LEGAL immigrants who love this country and want to assimilate. We have enough radicals in the Middle East that hate us. We don't need or want anyone here that doesn't love America.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:13 PM

2,014 posts, read 4,745,951 times
Quote:

OK, you are wrong, jeez, President Polk, US of A, Generals Scott and Kearney and Taylor, etc. 1846

Yes, Mexico should get over it. They were paid 15 million dollars and forgiven many debts by the U.S. for certain southwest territories.

Of course, gee if someone enters your house and steals all your valuables, then holds a gun to your head and makes you sign a bill of sale for which he tosses 20 bucks on the table, then heck, you should get over it too,,,, right?
Quote:
At least you're honest about your hatred of the USA
This is just cornball Sarah Palin Rush Limbaugh stuff, nothing I said could be remotely construed has hatred of the USA, they were just facts you did not like.

If you have a problem, argue the facts,
Funny thing there sport, I have a purple heart, do you? Do you hate the USA? Do I ever see you down at the VA getting stuff attended to that happened while you were defending this country?
Oh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or