U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 04:04 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,330,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
It won't be an official war. This is an example of what is called 4th generation warfare.

Fourth generation warfare - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Lawfare. Brilliant. Just the word I was looking for but could not find. Thanks for the different perspective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 04:06 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,072,228 times
mecha is not mexico. and i dont think they want to take over the southwest US. please provide info stating such.

brown berets? i thought they were done and over with after the 70's. they are still around? i compare them to the black panther party. not a REAL threat and of no importance really.

aztlan.net. never heard of it. and didnt want to provide it an extra hit.

i dont think thats a majority of people/mexicans/chicanowhatevers. these are student groups with very little membership. they arent doing anything to take over the US for mexico. thats absurd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Econolodge-911 View Post
These organzations beg to differ, to name a few:

Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlán

National Brown Berets

La Voz de Aztlan

You will find a local chapter for most of these groups in just about any major U.S. university in the Southwest.

Old 05-10-2010, 04:08 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Floyd View Post
I am not at issue with your opinions and didn't use the word smug because of your supposed factual statements. I used it because of your tone and terse comments when concluding your posts. Even "Gee, stating the truth is being smug now?" and "Do the words "citizen" or "legal resident" ring a bell?" reek a bit in that sense. With all due respect, where does your "truth" come from? These days, most news that gets debated, is spun and spun to the point of being hard to recognize.

I referenced legal vs illegal in the last post not referring to citizenship but to invasion itself. Maybe justified vs. unjustified is a more apt description. Now I am not referring to these reconquistadors (good word BTW) specifically when I say this either. I am looking at the world picture historically. Lots of invasions are justified by one side and vilified by the other. A freedom fighter on one side is a sandinista on the other.

Now regarding this matter, regardless of the attitudes of these groups, it seems that truly taking over would only come with force. And I agree. I don't see the US letting that happen.
I didn't see anything smug about any of my posts but then usually when one's arguments have been beaten down they make such insinuations like that.

I don't see any justification for any country's citizen to illegally invade another for economic gain or past grievances excuses.

Actually if illegal immigration continues from south of our border they will take over numerically automatically. They are fightng a war via illegal immigration and babies.

Last edited by chicagonut; 05-10-2010 at 04:22 PM..

Old 05-10-2010, 04:12 PM

are you really creating a link between some small silly student groups and those illegals that come here (who supposedly feel entitled to this land)?!?

wow. ya im sure that those coming here illegally have some chicanogarbage manifesto in mind when they choose to cross the border.

no chicken little, the sky is not falling.
i really dont think illegals care about some unknown student groups (if they have even heard of them). there is no conspiracy.

theres YOUR reality check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
No one is saying that "Mexico" the country/government will take over the southwest. What we are saying is there is an attitude by a good majority of Mexicans (someone posted the poll taken of Mexicans) who think that the southwest was stolen from them and that they have every right to come here.
There are many Chicano radical groups whose purpose is to see that those territories be turned into their mythical land of Aztlan and ruling themselves. The illegal aliens from Mexico are their little foot soldiers to help them achieve their goal. There is power in numbers, politically, numerically and culturally and they know it.

Why do you think there are so many citizens of Mexican ancestry who want the illegals to be able to stay in this country and fight border security and internal enforcement tooth and nail? Why do you think it is mostly Latinos in this country that are objecting to SB1070? It is partly due to those same sentiments and because they want their ethnic group to become the majority in this country to gain power.

You really need a reality check.

Old 05-10-2010, 04:16 PM

ok i just read more of that garbage written by barbara whatever...

why and how does she think CA will be majority mexican in 2028?

and even if id did... who cares. most latinos (or these boogey man mexicans she writes about) assimilate by the 2nd generation. they exceedingly lose ties to their parents or g-parents home land.

there wont be any unification or joining lines.

it really is a bunch of alarmism.

FINITO!!!!

Old 05-10-2010, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
mecha is not mexico. and i dont think they want to take over the southwest US. please provide info stating such.

brown berets? i thought they were done and over with after the 70's. they are still around? i compare them to the black panther party. not a REAL threat and of no importance really.

aztlan.net. never heard of it. and didnt want to provide it an extra hit.

i dont think thats a majority of people/mexicans/chicanowhatevers. these are student groups with very little membership. they arent doing anything to take over the US for mexico. thats absurd.
Mecha was very vocal about a takeover of the southwest a few years ago. They have since taken so much flack (as you might expect) that they have gone underground with their agenda but it still remains the same to this day. They have chapters on many campuses in America.

As I said, and you apparently missed it, they aren't trying to takeover for Mexico. Their agenda is to create a separate country within our country for their ethnic brethern.

Old 05-10-2010, 04:21 PM

Quote:
ok i just read more of that garbage written by barbara whatever...

why and how does she think CA will be majority mexican in 2028?

and even if id did... who cares. most latinos (or these boogey man mexicans she writes about) assimilate by the 2nd generation. they exceedingly lose ties to their parents or g-parents home land.

there wont be any unification or joining lines.

it really is a bunch of alarmism.

FINITO!!!!
Who cares? Well, most non-latino Americans would care if this was accomplished through illegal immigration and that is the only way it would happen. It isn't natural, it is an illegal invasion.

Old 05-10-2010, 04:21 PM

really? even if they thought that, it will NEVER happen.
mecha is small. its students.
but i still dont think it has any sinister leanings for takeover. where do you get this info? did you sit in on some secret general council meeting where they discussed this new seperate country?
seriously.
intel please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Mecha was very vocal about a takeover of the southwest a few years ago. They have since taken so much flack (as you might expect) that they have gone underground with their agenda but it still remains the same to this day. They have chapters on many campuses in America.

As I said, and you apparently missed it, they aren't trying to takeover for Mexico. Their agenda is to create a separate country within our country for their ethnic brethern.

Old 05-10-2010, 04:27 PM

Quote:
are you really creating a link between some small silly student groups and those illegals that come here (who supposedly feel entitled to this land)?!?

wow. ya im sure that those coming here illegally have some chicanogarbage manifesto in mind when they choose to cross the border.

no chicken little, the sky is not falling.
i really dont think illegals care about some unknown student groups (if they have even heard of them). there is no conspiracy.

theres YOUR reality check.
Didn't you read the poll taken in Mexico about how they feel about their right to be in this country because of the stolen land argument that someone posted in here? Granted, many that do cross illegally may not have that in mind first and foremost but once here they get indoctrinated into that reconquista mindset. You see it at the rallies that the pro-illegals have with their signs like" whites are here illegally" "go back to Europe, this is our land", etc.

Old 05-10-2010, 04:29 PM

Quote:
really? even if they thought that, it will NEVER happen.
mecha is small. its students.
but i still dont think it has any sinister leanings for takeover. where do you get this info? did you sit in on some secret general council meeting where they discussed this new seperate country?
seriously.
intel please.
I saw an interview with a group of them on a talk show a few years ago and they openly admitted that was their goal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or