Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 05:04 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,948,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Very true. This is the mentality of anyone that speaks up for the invasion of the US by Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2010, 06:00 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
if they were to take over the southwest, it would become one big garbage can and giant hell hole.

It is well on it's way to becoming a garbage hole already. I have a brother in LA that has always suported illegal immigrants. He has finally seen the light and the decay all around him from the illegal immigrants and is leaving LA. He said he was tired of living in Mexifornia. They will end up making the south western states the cesspool Mexico is. The rest of the stas teshould be prepared to drive them out when they run to them.

I am getting really sick of Mexicans tallking about their pride of Mexico yet they all flee from it because it is so corrupt and as dangerous as any muslim country. Pride in what I ask?

Old 05-09-2010, 08:09 AM

50,239 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Well, if they try to take over, we'll have to go to war with them. It's that simple and it IS getting that serious. You see it all around and if you know anything about the US-Mexico border and the bordering states then you know that it is a mess down there. I don't like violence and it saddens me that it has to be this way, but this is the country I was born and raised in and Mexico and illegal immigrants are being illogical in what they think is owed to them. I love when illegal immigrants and pro-illegal immigration people in states that had nothing to do with Mexico use the excuse that Europeans and "Americans" stole land from them. How can an illegal immigrant in Kentucky or New York City use that excuse? They aren't just coming into California and Arizona, they are living in Tennesee, Illionois and other places by the tens-of-thousands and even millions. They can't use those excuses until they start just staying in the Southwest. If they want to try to pretend that what happened a century ago justifies them coming in illegally then that should be taken as a threat and should show that they are intent on "taking back land" and those are fighting-words. We can thank our federal government though if it comes down to that. It will be another thing that we could have avoided if actions were taken to prevent it.

I don't know anyone old enough to have had land stolen from there or a relative. How did we steal land from someone from Guatemala?

Old 05-09-2010, 08:09 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarks View Post
This is just cornball Sarah Palin Rush Limbaugh stuff, nothing I said could be remotely construed has hatred of the USA, they were just facts you did not like.

If you have a problem, argue the facts,
Funny thing there sport, I have a purple heart, do you? Do you hate the USA? Do I ever see you down at the VA getting stuff attended to that happened while you were defending this country?
Oh.
You want the USA invaded and taken over by a foreign country. You said it yourself. And if you want Mexico to take back the states of the SW -- but it's curious you left out Spain which was country that had actually made it's claim on these lands, not Mexico, you must also want Russia to take back Alaska, France to take back it's lands of the Louisiana purchase, and England to take back the 13 states it once had.

It sure does sound like you hate the USA. You are working for it's destruction, how much more hatred could you have for this country?

Old 05-09-2010, 08:42 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,304,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I don't know anyone old enough to have had land stolen from there or a relative. How did we steal land from someone from Guatemala?
Well, I don't know the history of the US with Guatemala, but that is a good point. That is another example, if I recall correctly, Guatemala has a high-up-there percentage of illegal immigrants here, I hope they don't use the same "We're-just-taking-back-our-land" argument?

Old 05-09-2010, 08:47 PM

752 posts, read 1,462,128 times
Quote:
First, Guatamala was not part of Mexico, surely you can figure that one out fairly quickly, it was ruled by its own Captain General.

Second, Once upon a time there was a republic. It had a neighbor, the President of that neighbor wanted to add slave holding states to the Republic, and it wanted a port on the Pacific Coast. So,
it landed an Army at Veracruz which fought its way to the Capitol City, took it, and held it for two years. It also sent an army across the Rio Grande into the heart of Mexico, another army into Nuevo Mexico, taking the Capitol, Santa Fe, where it split, one army went south into the heart of Mexico, the other went west taking territory until running into a Mexican Army and was in the process of getting wiped out when it was rescued by a force of sailors and Marines from Navy ships which had taken San Diego, another army came down from the north taking the coast of California before meeting with the rest of the invaders.

In the mean time ships of the Republic took most of the Mexican west coast ports, like Acapulco, and La Paz and Mazatlan and held them for several years,

5 armies and the Navy attacked a country which had done them no harm, occupied the Capitol and major ports for several years, and took half the country.

It was an invasion without pretext, it was highly unpopular in the Republic of America, and it cut a neighboring nation in two taking half that nations land.

And you think the Mexicans should get over it???

Hell, the Jews waited 2,000 years to get their land back, and by golly they did. It may take Mexico that long, but, it would be hard to blame them anymore than we blame the Jews for getting their land back.
now I'm convinced that you lack common sense...

Old 05-09-2010, 09:53 PM

1,332 posts, read 1,989,165 times
Default Yes, they are wrong

Quote:
No, You simply do not know your history.

I asked a simple question, mmm no one can answer it? Is Mexico wrong in teaching that the USA stole half the country?

A yes or no answer should suffice.
REad the real history...The areas were still frontiers.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:29 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,580,303 times
Convenienty left out of the discussion is the fact that southern Arizona and southwestern New Mexico, as they exist today, were purchased after the treaty. The Gadsden Purchase is the reason for the current borders; those areas were not stolen.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:47 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,193,173 times
Funny that this argument keeps popping up. I live in one of the aforementioned areas and they can take back my land and my ranching homestead over MY DEAD BODY.

It was Spain that held claim to California, Arizona, and New Mexico. Mexico never did ANYTHING with these territories (New Mexico Aside, apparently we had a territorial governor from Mexico for a while, between Mexican independence and Texan claims to land east of the Rio Grande.)

The United States won it fair and square, paid Mexico for the land, and forgave some debts, in addition to the Gadsden Purchase afterwards. We never stole anything.

Old 05-10-2010, 11:07 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
Funny that this argument keeps popping up. I live in one of the aforementioned areas and they can take back my land and my ranching homestead over MY DEAD BODY.

It was Spain that held claim to California, Arizona, and New Mexico. Mexico never did ANYTHING with these territories (New Mexico Aside, apparently we had a territorial governor from Mexico for a while, between Mexican independence and Texan claims to land east of the Rio Grande.)

The United States won it fair and square, paid Mexico for the land, and forgave some debts, in addition to the Gadsden Purchase afterwards. We never stole anything.
Interesting that so many Mexicans have been brainwashed to think otherwise, isn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration