U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 12:04 PM

4,767 posts, read 6,927,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbender View Post
I see what I was saying didn't sink in.
Try re-reading until you comprehend what I'm saying.

You really need to get a grip on reality.
Look around.
Do you think the public demonstration like the ones held in LosAngeles and Pheonix were because everything is hunky dory?
People are mad on both sides of the issue, and without some resolution it will fester into extreme anger,which will force one side or the other to escallate to the point of serious confrontation.
Do you think the state of Arizona passed this bill because everything is hunky dory?
Do you think people are not fed up with these illegals draining our state economies?
You can't be that stupid to think that the people won't take it upon themselves to rid the country of the illegals if the federal government won't.
Maybe you like illegal aliens, and want to protect them, but the majority say enough is enough.
Be it American troops, or the citizenry, you can bet your a$$ that a border war is in the imediate future.
Washington isn't listening so, the states will be the ones to put a stop to this illegal entry from our southern border, and if not them, the citizenry will.
Bob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2010, 02:20 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Actually; Mexico today has a lot of the same symptoms of Weimar Germany i.e. few rich with many poor people struggling, a sense of being unjustly defeated/losing land (WW I Treaty of Versailles), etc.

The difference is that Mx would not last long in another war with the USA for many reasons--------weak economy being a biggie. Too; the outcome would be ghastly as in losing more land, etc. to the USA.
Actually Mexico has made great progress - it's infant mortaliy rate did a nose dive, literacy rates are way up, and it's middle class is growing. There was far less emigration out of Mexico back when there was serious poverty.

I don't think Mexico would last long in a war against the USA, in part because so many would defect to the USA side. Not really because of poverty though but because emigration isn't about hunger for food but more about hunger for material things.

Old 05-17-2010, 01:03 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,024,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Actually; Mexico today has a lot of the same symptoms of Weimar Germany i.e. few rich with many poor people struggling, a sense of being unjustly defeated/losing land (WW I Treaty of Versailles), etc.

The difference is that Mx would not last long in another war with the USA for many reasons--------weak economy being a biggie. Too; the outcome would be ghastly as in losing more land, etc. to the USA.
I agree with all of those similarities.

I also don't think the Mexican government has as much power as Germany's. The power in Mexico is in the cartels and criminals. Now, I don't believe that Mexico is allied with our interest in shoring up our borders, especially in the face of all that revenue that comes streaming in from America that they don't have to provide their citizens. But even if their government were, that spirit of cooperation means only so much given the government's apparent impotency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration