U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-10-2010, 11:17 AM
 
Location: Northern VA (for now)
23,004 posts, read 31,957,905 times
Reputation: 30390

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
One of the rappers in the video talks about how we shouldn't "put up a wall."

They talk about race so much in the video, but forget that the illegal immigrants that come here are stealing so much from them (black people). As a black person, it bothers me to acknowledge that some percentage of black people are in competition with illegals, but it is what it is. There is so much emotion in this video and not much logic. What was that lyric at 6:02 where the guy talks about Social Security? LOL Really man? And then he says that Mexicans and Blacks are like brothers? GTFOH, blacks and Mexicans kill one another over gang colors and graffiti all over the country. The other funny thing is that the rappers in this video try to identify with someone who would be questioned for legal status, but they probably wouldn't even be questioned. People are just looking for trouble and anytime they hear anything about the police stopping people, they got something to say.
From one black to another, you've summed up my sentiments perfectly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-10-2010, 02:35 PM
 
3,951 posts, read 3,583,040 times
Reputation: 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
From one black to another, you've summed up my sentiments perfectly.
It's funny 'cause I live in KY too. I see no community mingling between black people and Mexicans. I go to the basketball court and the Mexicans want nothing to do with other races. As soon as others want to play, they come up with an excuse. One guy said he didn't want to play with others because he "didn't want to get into trouble." I asked why he was worried about the police (I knew what he was going to say, but I just wanted to see if he would admit that he was illegally here, sure enough, he did) and he said, "Because we are illegal." I thought to myself, "How f*cking pathetic, we have to wait for these guys to clear the court before we can play because they are here illegally and prefer to stay to themselves because of that." It's small stuff like that and larger issues that I experience everyday with illegal immigrants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2010, 05:18 AM
 
Location: Northern VA (for now)
23,004 posts, read 31,957,905 times
Reputation: 30390
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
It's funny 'cause I live in KY too. I see no community mingling between black people and Mexicans. I go to the basketball court and the Mexicans want nothing to do with other races. As soon as others want to play, they come up with an excuse. One guy said he didn't want to play with others because he "didn't want to get into trouble." I asked why he was worried about the police (I knew what he was going to say, but I just wanted to see if he would admit that he was illegally here, sure enough, he did) and he said, "Because we are illegal." I thought to myself, "How f*cking pathetic, we have to wait for these guys to clear the court before we can play because they are here illegally and prefer to stay to themselves because of that." It's small stuff like that and larger issues that I experience everyday with illegal immigrants.
Just wondering, what part of Kentucky do you live in? I'm over near Ft. Knox (Elizabethtown/Vine Grove) right now and I don't see many hispanics here.

But I just moved from Northern Virginia not even a week ago which has a very high hispanic population which tends to be more Salvordean and other Central American countries as opposed to Mexican and saw the exact same thing you describe there. For the most part they tend to be the most closeted group there, which I wouldn't doubt legal status plays a factor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2010, 06:03 AM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,086,323 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by minesbroken View Post
Without a doubt...the dumbest video I have ever seen...utter trash. Christopher Columbus is an illegal immigrant? give me a break...lol
The song sucked
the video sucked
the message sucked
I would rather sit through an Al Sharpton speach...
spreading racism
bunch of crap.
I love free speech
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2010, 06:54 AM
 
Location: ...at a 3AM epiphany
2,206 posts, read 2,138,154 times
Reputation: 453
No talent wanna be's jumping on the bandwagon hoping to make some fast cash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2010, 12:16 PM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,086,323 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
One of the rappers in the video talks about how we shouldn't "put up a wall."

They talk about race so much in the video, but forget that the illegal immigrants that come here are stealing so much from them (black people). As a black person, it bothers me to acknowledge that some percentage of black people are in competition with illegals, but it is what it is. There is so much emotion in this video and not much logic. What was that lyric at 6:02 where the guy talks about Social Security? LOL Really man? And then he says that Mexicans and Blacks are like brothers? GTFOH, blacks and Mexicans kill one another over gang colors and graffiti all over the country. The other funny thing is that the rappers in this video try to identify with someone who would be questioned for legal status, but they probably wouldn't even be questioned. People are just looking for trouble and anytime they hear anything about the police stopping people, they got something to say.
What proof do you have to make a statement like that? what study shows undocumented workers displacing any ethinic or cutural group in the US? [please cite a direct link to an original peer reviewed study]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2010, 07:38 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland
4,028 posts, read 6,223,837 times
Reputation: 1305
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Gangsta rappers are their own worst enemies----------they like to kill one another over trivial stuff.
I wont address the ignorance off all the posts, but yours stood out.

The irony of your post is unbearable, what do you think the wars that we have fought are over? They aren't over water rights or food. Let's think before we post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top