U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 05-08-2010, 02:28 PM
 
Location: Denver
9,067 posts, read 15,502,486 times
Reputation: 5288

Advertisements

I am officially retired from this forum (found a new home), so I won't be responding. However, I thought some of you would be interested in this story. Apparently, a Hispanic American was assaulted and killed by his white neighbor who threw racial slurs before shooting him.


YouTube - White Man Shoots Latino Neighbor In AZ Over Immigration Law!

Where are the cries of racism? Where is this story in the MSM?

 
Old 05-08-2010, 02:41 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,911 posts, read 30,173,166 times
Reputation: 17739
I don't see how this ties into illegal immigration though. They said they had ill will for years. Ya it sounds racist, maybe on both sides but I don't get how it ties into this proposed law. This happens all over the Country and all races are guilty of this.
 
Old 05-08-2010, 02:50 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
5,362 posts, read 7,076,427 times
Reputation: 3975
I guess we may never know EXACTLY what they were arguing about before this happened. It's a shame that it happened regardless of whether racism was involved or not. Unfortunately it does exist, and to the OP, there are MANY situations where crime (and hate crime) is targeted towards caucasians; however, should there be cries of racism over every single one of those as well or are we to ignore those situations?
 
Old 05-08-2010, 03:14 PM
 
112 posts, read 239,497 times
Reputation: 55
unbelievable. When is all this hate gonna stop? how many more innocent people have to die?

whats next in arizona?!?!? concentration camps for brown people?
 
Old 05-08-2010, 03:24 PM
 
25 posts, read 13,467 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I don't see how this ties into illegal immigration though. They said they had ill will for years. Ya it sounds racist, maybe on both sides but I don't get how it ties into this proposed law. This happens all over the Country and all races are guilty of this.
It ties very much into immigration. They were arguing over SB 1070.
The man told the American citizen "*******, go home to Mexico!"
This is the attitude being made in Arizona right now.
 
Old 05-08-2010, 03:26 PM
 
25 posts, read 13,467 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
I guess we may never know EXACTLY what they were arguing about before this happened. It's a shame that it happened regardless of whether racism was involved or not. Unfortunately it does exist, and to the OP, there are MANY situations where crime (and hate crime) is targeted towards caucasians; however, should there be cries of racism over every single one of those as well or are we to ignore those situations?
So this happens, and you wnat to bring it to hate crimes about Caucasians?

Will this make the news as much as when Krentz got killed?

Will Brewer make a statement about this?

I like how in these situations, anti-illegals always come out with something like "we may never know", as if to close the matter. It's pretty hilarious. They don't have that same open ended attitude when an illegal is accused of a crime.
 
Old 05-08-2010, 03:28 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,678,111 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbender View Post
It ties very much into immigration. They were arguing over SB 1070.
The man told the American citizen "*******, go home to Mexico!"
This is the attitude being made in Arizona right now.
Needless to say: if those was out and out murder; the perp needs to be punished----------Anglo or Hispanic.
 
Old 05-08-2010, 03:43 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,166,436 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondGirl123 View Post
unbelievable. When is all this hate gonna stop? how many more innocent people have to die?

whats next in arizona?!?!? concentration camps for brown people?
Oh yeah, let's just blow this all out of proportion now and turn this into a Nazi Germany issue. Does the victim mentality ever end?
 
Old 05-08-2010, 03:49 PM
 
112 posts, read 239,497 times
Reputation: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Oh yeah, let's just blow this all out of proportion now and turn this into a Nazi Germany issue. Does the victim mentality ever end?
It will end when these outragious hate crimes stop
 
Old 05-08-2010, 03:49 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
5,362 posts, read 7,076,427 times
Reputation: 3975
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbender View Post
So this happens, and you wnat to bring it to hate crimes about Caucasians?

Will this make the news as much as when Krentz got killed?

Will Brewer make a statement about this?

I like how in these situations, anti-illegals always come out with something like "we may never know", as if to close the matter. It's pretty hilarious. They don't have that same open ended attitude when an illegal is accused of a crime.
Enough with your absolutes. The authorities said they are still investigating. Perhaps it did have to do with race, but we don't know YET. I'm not saying it wasn't about race; however, we don't know exactly what they were arguing about or what fueled the argument to get it to the point where this white idiot shot his Latino neighbor. They had known each other for years. Speaking of Krentz, the situation of his killing was not given the amount of media time that you are making it out to be and has been largely ignored by pro-illegal supporters.

In reference to hate crimes against caucasians, they do exist, and people tend to largely ignore the fact that people of other races may harbor racism towards caucasians as well; however, you don't hear the race card constantly being pulled whenever a caucasian dies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top