U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 03:50 PM

264 posts, read 390,173 times

Advertisements

Some interesting polling data on Mexican views toward U.S. immigration and Mexican irredentism:

Quote:
* An overwhelming majority (69 percent) of people in Mexico thought that the primary loyalty of Mexican-Americans (Mexico- and U.S.-born) should be to Mexico. Just 20 percent said it should be to the United States. The rest were unsure.

* Also, 69 percent of people in Mexico felt that the Mexican government should represent the interests of Mexican-Americans (Mexico- and U.S.-born) in the United States.

* Two-thirds of Mexicans know someone living in the United States; one-third said an immediate member of their household was living in the United States.

* A new Pew Research Center poll also found that about one-third of Mexicans would go to the United States if they could.
source: "Public Opinion in Mexico on U.S. Immigration: Zogby Poll Examines Attitudes"

Quote:
* Zogby's poll found that 58 percent of Mexicans agree with the statement, "The territory of the United States' Southwest rightfully belongs to Mexico." Only 28 percent disagree, and 14 percent are unsure.

* A similar majority, 57 percent, agree with the statement, "Mexicans should have the right to enter the U.S. without U.S. permission," while 35 percent disagree. Seven percent are unsure.
source: "Mexicans Say Southwest U.S. Belongs to Them; Shouldn’t Need Permission to Enter U.S."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2010, 04:22 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Mexico needs to get over itself. There will be no reconquista: they shot their last bolt here in the USA and the mass deportations of illegal aliens will begin in earnest very soon.

Old 05-08-2010, 04:35 PM

10,032 posts, read 6,859,367 times
Do we need any new areas for weapons testing ranges? Mexico would be a good place to start.

Old 05-08-2010, 05:22 PM

3,858 posts, read 5,959,040 times
Quote:
* An overwhelming majority (69 percent) of people in Mexico thought that the primary loyalty of Mexican-Americans (Mexico- and U.S.-born) should be to Mexico. Just 20 percent said it should be to the United States. The rest were unsure.

* Also, 69 percent of people in Mexico felt that the Mexican government should represent the interests of Mexican-Americans (Mexico- and U.S.-born) in the United States.

* Two-thirds of Mexicans know someone living in the United States; one-third said an immediate member of their household was living in the United States.

* A new Pew Research Center poll also found that about one-third of Mexicans would go to the United States if they could.
\
The above comes from this Zogby poll:
Public Opinion in Mexico on U.S. Immigration: Zogby Poll Examines Attitudes | Center for Immigration Studies

Quote:
* Zogby's poll found that 58 percent of Mexicans agree with the statement, "The territory of the United States' Southwest rightfully belongs to Mexico." Only 28 percent disagree, and 14 percent are unsure.

* A similar majority, 57 percent, agree with the statement, "Mexicans should have the right to enter the U.S. without U.S. permission," while 35 percent disagree. Seven percent are unsure.
I can find nothing to substantiate these 2 claims & statistics. They appear to come from an old World Net Daily article.

Old 05-08-2010, 05:25 PM

442 posts, read 813,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Do we need any new areas for weapons testing ranges? Mexico would be a good place to start.
Could move Area 51 to the Arizona border.

Old 05-09-2010, 06:48 AM

10,032 posts, read 6,859,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trnsplntfrmNV View Post
Could move Area 51 to the Arizona border.

We could only hope......

Old 05-16-2010, 10:50 AM

104 posts, read 93,519 times
I don't think the Laws go far enough, I think if you are here this Country illegally and are caught not only you but who ever is harboring you if they are from another Country should be Deported and if they happened to get Citizenship it should be Revoked for breaking the Law. It it happens to be a Natural Born Citizen then they should be Charged and go to Jail. I bet that would make people think twice about hiding them. ILLEAGLE is BREAKING THE LAW so if you want to live here follow "Our" laws or get out.

Old 05-16-2010, 01:02 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Well who cares what they think as long if they aren't protesting their own country's immigration laws and you don't see them protest them.

For some it's as that old "What's mine is mine and what's yours is mine" attitude. They don't want unlimited immigration of Americans into Mexico so they should shut their little mouths.

Old 05-16-2010, 01:10 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
\
The above comes from this Zogby poll:
Public Opinion in Mexico on U.S. Immigration: Zogby Poll Examines Attitudes | Center for Immigration Studies

I can find nothing to substantiate these 2 claims & statistics. They appear to come from an old World Net Daily article.
Like always it depends on who is polled and this poll doesn't really matter because I don't think the American people really care if people in Mexico think immigration from Mexico to the USA should be unlimited and it's certainly not going to help that some Mexicans think Mexico should take back the territory of the SW which is now part of the USA.

All rhetoric aside -- many illegals don't even hate their country or think it's horrible, they are simply here because it's easy enough to do, they like the money. When it's time to be deported, they don't scream and carry on, they are just deported and that's it. They go home, they find a job, they visit relatives and adapt to life back home again. No big deal.

I just heard about a family that was living here that has just self-deported. No big deal made, they just decided they should go home, the college age daughter decided that without financial aid to go to college here and they were here illegally, she would be better off in Mexico where they have free universities. They've only been living here a few years and didn't like it all that much here. I could have bought a truck they were selling - kind of a good deal but someone beat me to it.

The reality is that many illegals fully intended to return home some day when they originally packed up to come here. Some day can be sooner or later.

Old 05-16-2010, 01:18 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,085,289 times
how does deal with illegal immigration? what do I care that 1/3 of mexicans surveyed said if they had the chance the would come here? how is that illegal immigration?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration