U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 01:34 PM
JD. JD. started this thread

198 posts, read 433,875 times

Advertisements

Courtesy of Michelle Malkin dot com. Thought this was interesting enough to pass along.

Welcome to the Deportation Abyss

By Michelle Malkin June 13, 2007 01:00 PM

On Monday, I reported on how Congress gives special relief to convicted murderers, smugglers, and other alien law-breakers through private claims bills that sabotage deportation efforts.

Today in my syndicated newspaper column, I report on another aspect of the deportation abyss--the endless appeals process and immigration litigation lottery played by deportable aliens and their open-borders lawyers.

As you follow the debate over the Bush-Kennedy immigration bill, keep this cardinal rule in mind: 99.99 percent of the lawmakers who promise you that they'll ensure the deportation of anyone who doesn't follow their new "guest-worker" regulations are either A) lying or B) completely clueless.

Rule No. 2: Anyone who plays the Enforcement equals Kicking-Down-Doors-And-Depriving-Babies-of-Mother's-Milk card (yes, that's you, Geraldo Rivera) is either A) lying or B) completely clueless.

As I've reported many times over the last several years, the nation's deportation abyss is governed by one reality: "It ain't over 'til the alien wins." Immigration lawyers and ethnic activists run a massive, lucrative industry whose sole objective is to help illegal aliens and convicted criminal visa holders evade deportation for as long as possible. Entry into this country should be a privilege, not a right. The open borders lobby has turned that principle on its head.

Look no further than New York, where four convicted criminal aliens — a child molester, two killers and a racketeer — just won a federal lawsuit to remain in the country after all being ordered deported. The stunning decision from the Second Circuit Court of Appeals, Blake v. Carbone, came down on June 1 as the shamnesty debate was bubbling in Washington. The ruling, which hinges on convoluted due process arguments, will greatly expand the number of criminal aliens convicted of certain aggravated felonies who can now receive relief from deportation. This is happening despite the passage of two federal immigration reform laws in 1996 severely restricting deportation waivers for criminal aliens convicted of aggravated felonies.

Last edited by Yac; 06-14-2007 at 04:47 AM.. Reason: quote shortened, copyright protection
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2007, 01:54 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,349,001 times
Quote:
Open-borders Democrats led by Ted Kennedy bleat about the lack of "due process" for downtrodden aliens, but immigration lawyers and their clients know the deal. Whether the Bush-Kennedy bill passes or not, it ain't over 'til the alien wins.
I feel like I am being held hostage. There has GOT to be a way to get through to the idiots to make them understand what they are doing to the United States. There just HAS to be! I swear I could just slap every American that isn't voting. We have allowed the special interests to supercede the interests of the majority. What was it that one diet guru used to run around shouting? Oh ya, STOP THE MADNESS!!!!

Old 06-13-2007, 02:01 PM

786 posts, read 4,231,252 times
How are these illegal alien criminals paying for a Lawyer to keep them in the country for so long? It would cost millions to fight something in court for 11 years.

I suspect only a handful of people are in a position to fight a deportation for so long. Most just leave when they figure out it is not worth the effort and cost.

Last edited by Dingler; 06-13-2007 at 02:30 PM..

Old 06-13-2007, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
How are these illegal alien criminals paying for a Lawyer to keep them in the country for so long? It would cost millions to fight something in court for 11 years.
Good point. The American taxpayer is probably paying for it. I sure wish someone would show me otherwise. I know in this latest shamnesty there is a clause that provides legal fees. (or something to that effect)

Old 06-13-2007, 03:43 PM

1,484 posts, read 3,701,018 times
Default they are not idiots

Really government is not idiots nor are terrorists. They simply want to do what they want regardless of right or wrong and they will do anything to achieve their goal.

I hardly think that government doesnt realize that what they are doing is wrong, they just dont care if it is benefiting them.

Stupid...no but traitors and law breakers themselves (not enforcing our laws while still taking our taxes) yes.

Old 06-13-2007, 06:31 PM

2,432 posts, read 6,008,259 times
Michelle has hit it squarely on point. She's right, many hard-core criminals are here because of our open borders. And even if they are deported they'll come right back anyway. We do everything but buy them a return ticket. Today, many of our southern border cities closely resemble a third world Mexican drug town. Frequently well armed American policemen are frightened to go into some of those neighborhoods. In twenty years the infestation will be rooted solidly in the Midwest. Something needs to be done. Washington refuses to enforce the current laws on the books, in fact the Bush Amnesty Proposal makes it easier for it to happen. The disconnect between Washington and the American public has never been wider. What makes it worse is the fact Washington is aware of the disconnect, they know full and well they are doing something the American public doesn't want. But they just feel safe enough to get away with it because the next election is too far away.

Old 06-13-2007, 07:58 PM

398 posts, read 1,266,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chele123 View Post
I feel like I am being held hostage. There has GOT to be a way to get through to the idiots to make them understand what they are doing to the United States. There just HAS to be! I swear I could just slap every American that isn't voting. We have allowed the special interests to supercede the interests of the majority. What was it that one diet guru used to run around shouting? Oh ya, STOP THE MADNESS!!!!

You know what is one of the biggest problems? There is so little pressure in Washington. In fact, politicians and government receive more pressure from these latino activits than Americans. And the cause of that is, the vast majority of Americans live in a good situation; a routine everyday, where they drive to work in a nice car, they make good money, they go back to their home to watch TV in a big plasma, have a big dinner, etc...in their world, they are not affected by these things so they don't care! they probably have enough brain to sit down and start thinking about the future of the country but probably they don't want to waste their time in that because it doesn't affect them. And I'm not sayin that I talk because I'm poor or something; is because like thousands of good Americans, I care for the future and prosperity of this country.

As long as Washington do not receive pressure from the American people, they will continue doing whatever they want; for their own votes and money.

If we unite, if we convince every single American, if we organize and demand, we can make a difference. But for that we need to make noise. What we are currently doing, letters, calls, e-mails is a good thing, but we need something more; and we're going to achieve that when we wake up the rest of the nation.

As far as I know, the South is ready...

Old 06-13-2007, 09:25 PM
JD. JD. started this thread

198 posts, read 433,875 times
I agree with a lot of these posts, Washington D.C. just doesn't get it. The 'higher than thou' mentality makes it easy for them to dismiss people who disagree with them because they feel they just know better. Funny how things change come election time. I hope everyone who is upset about these remembers all the names of those Senators and Represenatives that backed this craptastic bill and hold them accountable in '08, that's the only way the message will get across. I am a registered Republican and I am so happy El Presidente Bush will not be getting another term. These are a couple of examples of how Washington big wigs like to smear anyone who disagrees with this sham of a bill.

Michael Chertoff (Head of Homeland Security):

"I understand that there's some people who expect anything other than capital punishment is an amnesty."

Sen. Lindsey Graham Republican from S.C.

"We're gonna tell the bigots to shut up." (This was while adressing militant Mexican group La Raza which plans on taking the Southwest U.S. back for Mexico.)

"It's not that I THINK I'm smarter than the folks back in South Carolina. It's that I AM smarter than the folks back in South Carolina." (When asked how he felt about the opposition to the immigration bill back home.)

President Bush:

"See you at the bill signing."

"If you want to kill the bill, if you don't want to do what's right for America, you can pick one little aspect out of it." (maybe all 800 pages?)

I could go on but I think you get the point. Just in case anyone forgot the amnesty hotline is: 1-800-417-7666 (Yes, this was set up by open borders activists, but you will be directed to your Senators shortly after the propaganda.)

Old 06-13-2007, 10:40 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,876,183 times
By JD--Senator Lindsey Graham Republican from S.C.:

"It's not that I THINK I'm smarter than the folks back in South Carolina. It's that I AM smarter than the folks back in South Carolina." (When asked how he felt about the opposition to the immigration bill back home).

Those in Washington who are in favor of the bill know exactly why they want it and what it will do to Americans but are not letting us in on the reasons, since we would say 'no'. I hear it's the North American Union, and a big part of this is to appease Mexico, where we get 40% of our oil (that oil is critical especially if other source cut off), also dems need votes and not willing to lose another election. So what better way to promote upcoming North American Union than with massive numbers of illegal Mexicans already here.

Washington knows that we are losing our middle class and will be going deeper into poverty, crime will keep rising, Social Security won't help us much down the road, etc. American citizens are just the collateral damage it will take to get the new America in place.

Old 06-13-2007, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglecall View Post
You know what is one of the biggest problems? There is so little pressure in Washington. In fact, politicians and government receive more pressure from these latino activits than Americans. And the cause of that is, the vast majority of Americans live in a good situation; a routine everyday, where they drive to work in a nice car, they make good money, they go back to their home to watch TV in a big plasma, have a big dinner, etc...in their world, they are not affected by these things so they don't care! they probably have enough brain to sit down and start thinking about the future of the country but probably they don't want to waste their time in that because it doesn't affect them. And I'm not sayin that I talk because I'm poor or something; is because like thousands of good Americans, I care for the future and prosperity of this country.

As long as Washington do not receive pressure from the American people, they will continue doing whatever they want; for their own votes and money.

If we unite, if we convince every single American, if we organize and demand, we can make a difference. But for that we need to make noise. What we are currently doing, letters, calls, e-mails is a good thing, but we need something more; and we're going to achieve that when we wake up the rest of the nation.

As far as I know, the South is ready...
So true. I have had many people tell me they don't have time to worry about such things. One even told me she just turns the TV off, it's too depressing to see what is going on in the world. It's this head in the sand (or head in the posterior?) mentality that is allowing our country to be stolen from us. The prevailing attitude seems to be one of hopelessness. "My vote doesn't count." "What difference does it make what I want?"
Sadly, most just tune out if pushed to do something. I think if we make it easy for the passive ones to participate in the running of their country, they will pay attention better. It just comes down to getting the message out. The real message - not the one the stupid media shoves down our throats.
I am still hopeful we can defeat this amnesty. I have seen headlines about the "grassroots movement". Maybe if the grassroots win this time it will show the apathetic American that WE CAN DO IT! We do have the power! It is, afterall "A government OF the people FOR the people", let's remind them THEY WORK FOR US!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or