U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-09-2010, 01:23 AM
 
Location: Mastic Beach
752 posts, read 1,240,662 times
Reputation: 302

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshadow View Post
The amendments to the "original law" were done to make sure that the language could not be misconstrued by bigots like you from misinterpreting the fact that the law expressly forbade "racial profiling."

The original law is based on, and in fact mirrors, the federal law it was intended to enforce. That federal law has been on the books for years, and has withstood numerous legal challenges, and is, in fact, a much tougher law than SB1070.

You need to educate yourself as to the facts:

Read for yourself: The full text of Arizona's controversial illegal immigrant law | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

Ariz. immigration law mirrors federal version but with state enforcement - Water Cooler - Washington Times

Arizona is right to defend against foreign invasion

Stop being such a whiney, loser crybaby.
ROFL
I guess my answer wasn't far off after all was it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-09-2010, 01:27 AM
 
317 posts, read 343,719 times
Reputation: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshadow View Post
The amendments to the "original law" were done to make sure that the language could not be misconstrued by bigots like you from misinterpreting the fact that the law expressly forbade "racial profiling."
Wrong, again. The original law stated that race can not be "solely" used as probable cause. Look up the definition of solely. You are the one that supports racial profiling, and I'm the bigot?? Rich.

Quote:
The original law is based on, and in fact mirrors, the federal law it was intended to enforce. That federal law has been on the books for years, and has withstood numerous legal challenges, and is, in fact, a much tougher law than SB1070.

You need to educate yourself as to the facts:

Read for yourself: The full text of Arizona's controversial illegal immigrant law | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

Ariz. immigration law mirrors federal version but with state enforcement - Water Cooler - Washington Times

Arizona is right to defend against foreign invasion

Stop being such a whiney, loser crybaby.
Show me the wording of the federal law that allows race to be used as one factor for probable cause. Didn't think so. Can't you think of any other conservative rules to use besides ad hominem attacks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2010, 01:32 AM
 
11,902 posts, read 6,559,558 times
Reputation: 11505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbiggleswurth View Post
Wrong, again. The original law stated that race can not be "solely" used as probable cause. Look up the definition of solely. You are the one that supports racial profiling, and I'm the bigot?? Rich.

Show me the wording of the federal law that allows race to be used as one factor for probable cause. Didn't think so. Can't you think of any other conservative rules to use besides ad hominem attacks?

It appears you are not comprehending this statement and instead are attacking those who are trying to explain. RICH, indeed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2010, 01:34 AM
 
Location: Mastic Beach
752 posts, read 1,240,662 times
Reputation: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbiggleswurth View Post
Wrong, again. The original law stated that race can not be "solely" used as probable cause. Look up the definition of solely. You are the one that supports racial profiling, and I'm the bigot?? Rich.

Show me the wording of the federal law that allows race to be used as one factor for probable cause. Didn't think so. Can't you think of any other conservative rules to use besides ad hominem attacks?
what would you consider "probably cause"?
isn't it obvious that most of the Illegal Immigrants in Arizona are going to be one certain race?
if you don't think race is a factor (race can be considered without being a racist by the way)
then you don't live in the real world.
most Illegal Immigrants in Arizona wont be White, Black, Asian, Indian, Middle eastern...so you can pretty much rule them out right away... is that racist? or just common sense?
if I say that most professional hockey players are White...is that racist or fact?
Most professional basketball players are black... racist or fact?
wake up man.
its not a perfect world and it never will be.
they aren't rounding up Hispanic people and checking them one by one
its not a violation of anyone s rights to ask for ID.
the law said they need a reason other than race to ask you for your ID or whatever
but truth is if your not Hispanic they probably wont bother.
that's not racism
it's an unfortunate byproduct of the fact that most illegal immigrants are mexican.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2010, 01:38 AM
 
29 posts, read 24,253 times
Reputation: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by minesbroken View Post
ROFL
I guess my answer wasn't far off after all was it
No, it wasn't...in fact, it was right on, just worded a little differently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2010, 01:41 AM
 
317 posts, read 343,719 times
Reputation: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
It appears you are not comprehending this statement and instead are attacking those who are trying to explain. RICH, indeed.
If race cannot be the sole determining factor, that means it can be factor, so long as there are other factors. Unbelievable. Is English your first language?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2010, 01:42 AM
 
29 posts, read 24,253 times
Reputation: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbiggleswurth View Post
Wrong, again. The original law stated that race can not be "solely" used as probable cause. Look up the definition of solely. You are the one that supports racial profiling, and I'm the bigot?? Rich.

Show me the wording of the federal law that allows race to be used as one factor for probable cause. Didn't think so. Can't you think of any other conservative rules to use besides ad hominem attacks?

Show me where I said that the federal law allows for racial profiling.

If you're talking like an idiot, and I call you an idiot, is that an ad hominim ( sic ) attack....or merely a statement of fact?

You seem to be the typical leftist who doesn't know when to quit when he's getting his ass kicked....metaphorically speaking, of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2010, 01:45 AM
 
29 posts, read 24,253 times
Reputation: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbiggleswurth View Post
If race cannot be the sole determining factor, that means it can be factor, so long as there are other factors. Unbelievable. Is English your first language?
It's obvious that word comprehension is not your strong point.........in fact, it doesn't look like you even have any strong points. Unless you count duuuuuhh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2010, 01:49 AM
 
317 posts, read 343,719 times
Reputation: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshadow View Post
Show me where I said that the federal law allows for racial profiling.

If you're talking like an idiot, and I call you an idiot, is that an ad hominim ( sic ) attack....or merely a statement of fact?

You seem to be the typical leftist who doesn't know when to quit when he's getting his ass kicked....metaphorically speaking, of course.
You stated that the original version mirrored federal law. The original version allowed for race to be used as a criteria, so as long as it was not the sole factor. Show me the federal law that allows race to be used as a factor. You can't, you fail again, now resort to conservative rule #1 and #2. I'm surprised you didn't call me a Communist or Terrorist. You are predictable for the most part however.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2010, 01:50 AM
 
Location: Mastic Beach
752 posts, read 1,240,662 times
Reputation: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbiggleswurth View Post
If race cannot be the sole determining factor, that means it can be factor, so long as there are other factors. Unbelievable. Is English your first language?
Of course race is one factor...are you living in fantasy land?
how many Asian Mexicans do you know?
see many Black guys hopping over the fence into Arizona?
How about white guys?
of course its a factor...
they just don't want to be baited into a racial argument
taking note of someones ethnicity is not racism
you obviously cant separate the two
that's why they changed the name of the stupid law
because people like you will always try to pull out the race card.
you have an astute knack for the obvious but fail to grasp the reality
that it's not a perfect world where one decision can be made and everyone will be happy with it and take it at face value.
yet somehow despite your antics and opinions
the majority ruled that this is what they wanted
making your opinion much like your argument
a moot point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top