U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-09-2010, 01:53 AM
 
317 posts, read 343,719 times
Reputation: 105

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by minesbroken View Post
Of course race is one factor...are you living in fantasy land?
how many Asian Mexicans do you know?
see many Black guys hopping over the fence into Arizona?
How about white guys?
of course its a factor...
they just don't want to be baited into a racial argument
taking note of someones ethnicity is not racism
you obviously cant separate the two
that's why they changed the name of the stupid law
because people like you will always try to pull out the race card.
you have an astute knack for the obvious but fail to grasp the reality
that it's not a perfect world where one decision can be made and everyone will be happy with it and take it at face value.
yet somehow despite your antics and opinions
the majority ruled that this is what they wanted
making your opinion much like your argument
a moot point.
That's interesting because your buddy claims that race is not a factor in this law. Whom should I believe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-09-2010, 02:58 AM
 
29 posts, read 24,253 times
Reputation: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbiggleswurth View Post
You stated that the original version mirrored federal law. The original version allowed for race to be used as a criteria, so as long as it was not the sole factor. Show me the federal law that allows race to be used as a factor. You can't, you fail again, now resort to conservative rule #1 and #2. I'm surprised you didn't call me a Communist or Terrorist. You are predictable for the most part however.
Obviously you didn't bother to read the links I provided for you, with the hope that you would realize the ridiculousness of your position.

Once again, I made no claim that the federal law allows race to be used as a factor. That's something that's coming out of your twisted mind. Show me where in the original law (SB 1070 ) it states that race was allowed to be used as a criteria, as long as it wasn't the sole factor, and I will show you where it was explicitly stated that race was NOT to be used as a factor at all. Read the damn law, and get your facts straight, instead of continuing to make a fool and an idiot of yourself.

Racial profiling is something that law enforcement uses all the time to apprehend those who break the law. When the description of a criminal is released, doesn't law enforcement state the race of the suspect?

When law enforcement is looking for a white suspect, they don't stop and question someone who is black. Do you understand that...or is it beyond your limited intellectual ability? When we're talking about illegals in Arizona, it is simple common sense that we would look at hispanics. That's not racial profiling.

If anyone is predictable here, it would have to be you....and by the way, I don't subscribe to your idiotic conservative rules. Who died and made you the rule-maker anyway? I have a suggestion of what you can do with your moronic "rules." Ask me, and I'll tell you what it is.

Here's another link for you. Try engaging what little brain you have when you read it.....maybe you'll actually learn something of value for a change:

Arizona and 'Lawful Contact' - Andy McCarthy - The Corner on National Review Online=
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2010, 03:15 AM
 
29 posts, read 24,253 times
Reputation: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbiggleswurth View Post
That's interesting because your buddy claims that race is not a factor in this law. Whom should I believe?

Minesbroken is right about race being a factor...but only in the sense that, in Arizona, the race of an illegal is most likely to be hispanic. There's that common sense thing again!!

However, what he was referring to was reality....something that you don't seem to have a very good grasp of. I'm pointing out to you...even though you appear to be too obtuse to get it....is that the law itself doesn't allow for race.

Therefore, you should believe both of us, since both of us are right, and you're just scrabbling to hold on to some semblance of coherence in order to salvage what little credibility you thought you had.

Give it up. You lose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2010, 03:19 AM
 
317 posts, read 343,719 times
Reputation: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshadow View Post
Show me where in the original law (SB 1070 ) it states that race was allowed to be used as a criteria, as long as it wasn't the sole factor, and I will show you where it was explicitly stated that race was NOT to be used as a factor at all. Read the damn law, and get your facts straight, instead of continuing to make a fool and an idiot of yourself.


Minesbroken is right about race being a factor

Racial profiling is something that law enforcement uses all the time to apprehend those who break the law. When the description of a criminal is released, doesn't law enforcement state the race of the suspect

When we're talking about illegals in Arizona, it is simple common sense that we would look at hispanics. That's not racial profiling.

Give it up. You lose.


Conservative rule # 7, contradict self as much as possible
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2010, 04:46 AM
 
Location: Phoenix
5,361 posts, read 7,052,536 times
Reputation: 3973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbiggleswurth View Post
Wrong, again. The original law stated that race can not be "solely" used as probable cause. Look up the definition of solely. You are the one that supports racial profiling, and I'm the bigot?? Rich.
Show me the wording of the federal law that allows race to be used as one factor for probable cause. Didn't think so. Can't you think of any other conservative rules to use besides ad hominem attacks?
Perhaps it was weakness profiling. I know I am sick and tired of people trying to find any 'loophole' to get around 'understanding' a law and instead use that loophole to somehow benefit them.

Last edited by AZLiam; 05-09-2010 at 05:06 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2010, 08:37 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Laws, their wordings, are changed all the time. New laws go through many many versions before being accepted. Sometimes when certain "what if" scenarios are played out with a law in mind it can reveal things that may not be the intent of the law, so we change it. This is nothing new and it's not a sign of anything in particular. It's always better to start with the best instead of waiting for something unfortunate to happen and then trying not only to change wordings in a law but also restore life and liberty to innocent people who get caught in something they never should have been caught in. It's harder then too because so many of us just want to say "it's the LAW" without giving thougt to why that is.
Thank you. A short, sweet and to the point answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2010, 08:52 AM
 
Location: Mastic Beach
752 posts, read 1,240,345 times
Reputation: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbiggleswurth View Post
That's interesting because your buddy claims that race is not a factor in this law. Whom should I believe?
race is a factor...racism isn't.
He doesn't want to be drawn into your baited argument.
cant say I blame him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2010, 09:00 AM
 
Location: Mastic Beach
752 posts, read 1,240,345 times
Reputation: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbiggleswurth View Post


Conservative rule # 7, contradict self as much as possible
actually he didn't contradict himself, you got it wrong as you did with me before.

he clearly said that although in reality race is a factor...the law itself doesn't allow for this

that's not a contradiction its common sense
you would do well to calm down enough to notice the difference.
they say the tree that doesn't bend...breaks.

You cant win this argument the majority is against you, you can only tout your opinion. you havent proven anyone wrong here...your just getting desperate.
and it shows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2010, 05:04 AM
Yac
 
5,874 posts, read 6,290,826 times
Just a quick warning folks: first one to continue with personal attacks here will win a prize, a luxurious 3 day forum restriction. Those who follow will too, actually.
Now back on topic, which isn't "You are stupid, I know better" btw, in case no one noticed.
Yac.
__________________
Forum Rules
City-Data.com homepage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top