U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 08:50 AM

3,143 posts, read 2,955,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Everyone is avoiding Arizona, the impact is already in the tens of millions. Soon we'll lose major league sports. The hotel industry is crashing

They are trying to destroy you for standing up for your rights.
Guess everybody has rights but you.
Only they count and I really wish you would start a secret underground and put them all on a bus at the border.
Give them a hundred dollar bill and send them to San Francisco.
Think of all the money you would save.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2010, 09:03 AM

530 posts, read 663,837 times
Fully support this law. Something has got to be done, upholding the law is a good start.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:03 AM

5,396 posts, read 6,918,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
I just don't support big government like this Arizona law provides for. Guess I should join the tea party.
Love it. So true. People can "support" the moronic legislation all they want from Montana and Idaho. That and a buck will get you a cup of coffee.

From a "fiscally conservative" standpoint, this legislation is pure garbage.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:07 AM

8,640 posts, read 7,735,931 times
Quote:
Everyone is avoiding Arizona, the impact is already in the tens of millions. Soon we'll lose major league sports. The hotel industry is crashing

LOL and they will save over $1 BILLION annually if they get rid of all the illegal immigrants. The schools will be better. The hospitals will be better and the crime will go way down. A win win for Arizona!

Old 05-09-2010, 09:07 AM

1,715 posts, read 3,953,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Absolutely not. I'll never support anything that allows, much less encourages, racial profiling.
Maybe you should read it before you post

Old 05-09-2010, 09:09 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,739,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Love it. So true. People can "support" the moronic legislation all they want from Montana and Idaho. That and a buck will get you a cup of coffee.

From a "fiscally conservative" standpoint, this legislation is pure garbage.
I sure don't see your type fighting for Americans' rights never to have to obtain or provide a drivers license, or produce proof of liability insurance when driving.

It seems "rights" are only an issue with it's about foreign citizens coming and living here illegally. Why should an American have to have a drivers license or any kind of ID if illegals can do whatever they like and never have to have any ID?

I'll believe your sincerity when I see you demand that no American ever be made to show proof of identity.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:12 AM

5,916 posts, read 6,358,838 times
Quote:
You should really write fiction, you've got quite the imagination.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:12 AM

8,950 posts, read 9,818,431 times
I don't support the law. (Please don't waste your time with some hyperbolic accusation of me being for illegal immigration). I think we all agree that something needs to be done regarding reform of illegal immigration.

My main problem with the law is the increase of police power. We have moved the standard from "probable cause" to suspicion. Suspicion seems much more highly subjective. The police are caught abusing their power (it seems) more and more frequently. Why give them more unchecked power?

Old 05-09-2010, 09:15 AM

22,243 posts, read 14,743,045 times
I supported the Law before Ariz passed a restatement of the Law.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:18 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,739,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
I don't support the law. (Please don't waste your time with some hyperbolic accusation of me being for illegal immigration). I think we all agree that something needs to be done regarding reform of illegal immigration.

My main problem with the law is the increase of police power. We have moved the standard from "probable cause" to suspicion. Suspicion seems much more highly subjective. The police are caught abusing their power (it seems) more and more frequently. Why give them more unchecked power?
What then do you propose be done about illegal immigration?

Or do you support stopping illegals only at the very border itself but once they've made it over, they're home free and are never to to be questioned, if they are pulled over for speeding, they cannot be asked for a drivers license? They cannot be made to show proof of legal residence when being hired?

Do you demand the same right for Americans to never have to produce any kind of ID?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration