U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 12:51 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,302,273 times

Advertisements

mirriam--there is no law to ask for papers on the basis of how you look.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2010, 12:59 PM

44,924 posts, read 27,209,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Absolutely not. I'll never support anything that allows, much less encourages, racial profiling.
But ... but ... but the Arizona authorities keep saying they won't allow racial profiling. The left says they will but how do they know that? Maybe it would be good to let the enforce the law for a week or two and see just how they do it instead of saying that enforcing a law the US has had and failed to enforce since 1986 will turn out to be a big profiling orgy. I still think that people who are so much against this law are either illegal aliens or Dems who want their votes.

Friday Glenn Beck had about 50 naturalized citizens, 6 are in the process, and they voted to a person in favor of enforcing that law. Isn't that something? If they could have seen the picture at the onset of this thread they would have been at least as unhappy with it as I have been since I first saw it. WE don't owe them one thing although we do give them most of those things.

Old 05-09-2010, 12:59 PM

16,189 posts, read 27,571,922 times
Quote:
Do you support the New Arizona immigration law?
Yes.

Old 05-09-2010, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshadow View Post
Why would anyone who loves America not support the Arizona law?

I don't think a single person who objects to the law has even read the law, or knows what it actually says.

Here...let me help you:

Read for yourself: The full text of Arizona's controversial illegal immigrant law | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

A carefully crafted immigration law in Arizona | Washington Examiner (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/columns/Byron-York/A-carefully-crafted-immigration-law-in-Arizona-92136104.html - broken link)

Arizona and 'Lawful Contact' - Andy McCarthy - The Corner on National Review Online=

Arizona is right to defend against foreign invasion

Ariz. immigration law mirrors federal version but with state enforcement - Water Cooler - Washington Times
Now that is one impressive list of reads that could help those who don't understand the law, let alone, know what it says but then you did a lot of work for nothing since those who know so little about the law won't read anything like the law itself to find out what it says.

Old 05-09-2010, 01:08 PM

3,897 posts, read 4,770,103 times
So there's a lot going on with this Arizona immigration bill. A lot of complicated factors are at hand here. Oh, who are we kidding? This can be explained with crayons.

Arizona Explained By Crayola (PICTURE)

Old 05-09-2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
LOL, I also support oppressive police states such as Arizona. Please just keep it in Arizona and keep it the hell out of my state. The idiot sheriff Joe Arpaio from Arizona had the nerve to come here and preach his b.s. Luckily, he was met with strong opposition.

AZ Sheriff wants similar immigration law in NV - KTNV ABC,Channel 13,Las Vegas,Nevada,News,Weather,Sports,Entertainment,KTN V.com,Action News .:. (http://www.ktnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12449841 - broken link)
How much of Arpaio's strong opposition came from illegal aliens? Just wondering.

I think that you need to sober up and then pick one of Sunshadow's links, just one, and read it. You might just learn what the Arizona law is all about if you did that. Hell, I read your link and learned that there was a lot more support for the Arizona law in Nv than you want it to appear.

Old 05-09-2010, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
So there's a lot going on with this Arizona immigration bill. A lot of complicated factors are at hand here. Oh, who are we kidding? This can be explained with crayons.

Arizona Explained By Crayola (PICTURE)

This law will cost Arizonans a fortune. Do you think it will be cheap to enforce this kind of Nazi-ish, Clanish, bigotted law ?

Old 05-09-2010, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
1. That picture has already been proven Photoshopped, just race baiting
2. If you wanted something done about immigration any time in the past two decades you could have talked to Congress. I know Kyl and McCain have done nothing for decades.
3. The problem on the Border is DRUG TRAFFIC so those who use marijuana are more at fault than migrant farm workers
Could you provide a link to that photoshopped statement? Just so we can have some proof of what you say.

Old 05-09-2010, 01:21 PM

This is all about racial profiling. How many people from Sweden do you think will be pulled over ?
This bill will also cost Arizonans a fortune and rightfully so...in more ways than one.

Old 05-09-2010, 01:32 PM

29 posts, read 24,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
This is all about racial profiling. How many people from Sweden do you think will be pulled over ?
This bill will also cost Arizonans a fortune and rightfully so...in more ways than one.
How many people from Sweden do you think ( Man! There's and oxymoron for ya!! ) are in Arizona illegally?

If the bill is going to cost Arizona a fortune, why are about 5 or 6 other states considering passing the same type of law?

You obviously haven't read the law....or even one of the links to articles about the law that I've made available to those who don't know what the hell they're talking about.

People like you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration