U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 08:39 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times

Advertisements

Is America conquered when the American flag is "offensive"? This is a good one. I don't know how anyone could refute any of the points made here:

http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/..._when_the.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2010, 08:45 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,086,323 times
Is offensive...

or, May be offensive.

not the same.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:59 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Is America conquered when the American flag is "offensive"? This is a good one. I don't know how anyone could refute any of the points made here:

American Thinker: Is America Conquered When the American Flag Is 'Offensive'?
Not quite yet. Most people believe the illegals who most object to the USA flag are quite the hypocrits. They claim they love Mexico but who puts up the most ridiculous claims against their country when they might be returned to it?

No one is going to feel at all bad when those strutting around with Mexican flags are deported, even if they've also got US citizenship. It's kind of the "love it or leave it" in reverse. Those pretending to love Mexico so much shouldn't find the idea of spending some time there so horrendous, and they really need to stop claiming everyone is starving to death there or that it's worse than a Nazi concentration camp -- while they strut around waving it's flag.

Old 05-09-2010, 11:30 AM

3,717 posts, read 4,497,749 times
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.

Thomas Jefferson

You just have to respect the insight this Man had

Old 05-09-2010, 12:28 PM

29,613 posts, read 31,914,576 times
We ourselves (ie: American Citizens) have made the flag irrelevant by the way we use it anyway. I even saw flag-themed TP once. Try to spin THAT into something patriotic.

Old 05-09-2010, 01:17 PM

706 posts, read 796,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
We ourselves (ie: American Citizens) have made the flag irrelevant by the way we use it anyway. I even saw flag-themed TP once. Try to spin THAT into something patriotic.
My guess is that this tp was designed to allow a group of like minded thinkers to wipe their butts with Ole Glory in order to show their disdain for America in a symbolic manner...again, freedom of speech...

besides, I feel that reactions to the flag are based upon just what it represents to people...on both sides of the aisle.
I fly it daily and am proud of what it stands for....Others see it differently.

Old 05-09-2010, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderlord View Post
My guess is that this tp was designed to allow a group of like minded thinkers to wipe their butts with Ole Glory in order to show their disdain for America in a symbolic manner...again, freedom of speech...

besides, I feel that reactions to the flag are based upon just what it represents to people...on both sides of the aisle.
I fly it daily and am proud of what it stands for....Others see it differently.
If that is the case then those "who see it differently" need to move to another country.

Old 05-09-2010, 04:30 PM

706 posts, read 796,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
If that is the case then those "who see it differently" need to move to another country.
I agree....but that is unlikely to happen, because these dimbulbs realize that their little tantrums would not be allowed in the likes of china,venezuela, cuba,or, probably even mexico. Perhaps Norway or Sweden will provide some refuge....If they can afford the cost of living...Or one of the EU countries...If they hurry they can get there bffore the collapse of Greece, and chip in to help...

BL

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves"

Abraham Lincoln

Old 05-13-2010, 02:17 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,138,154 times
We need a kick ass President in office. Time to clean house.

Thanks for this article chicagonut, and for being a TRUE American patriot, it's "catching".

Old 05-13-2010, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
I'm sorry but I'm confused...what does what happened in the high school in California have anything to do with the US Mexican war?
That's what I am wondering. Shall we hold our breaths for a rational answer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or