U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2010, 09:48 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,646,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Arizona's new immigration law may have stunned the nation, but for Arizona it's just the latest step in a decade-long battle over illegal immigration.

Over the past 10 years, the public has expressed growing frustration with a lack of action from the federal government, concern over reports of violence committed by illegal immigrants in Arizona, and support for efforts that attempt to solve the problem.
Read more: Momentum built over years led to immigration law

And the ripple effects are spreading to other states.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2010, 10:41 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,761,562 times
I think one of the problems for Arizona is that Phoenix has become the kidnap capital of the world, second only to Mexico City.

The pro-illegal side interestingly enough seems to have no problem at all with the fact that illegals are being held hostage, being tortured and killed for ransom money. For some very odd reason their constitutional rights don't matter in Phoenix drop houses.

And the pro-illegal side has not objected to American citizens being stopped for traffic and other violations an expected to show IDs and verify their identity. Americans can be asked for ID at banks, when applying for mortgages, driving, when boarding a plane -- and where is the pro-illegal side when standing up for the constitutional right to never provide proof of identity then?

It's ONLY when it comes to illegals that they care about rights. No illegal is to ever be asked anything. If asked for ID, it could become very obvious they are not here legally and could be deported.

Old 05-09-2010, 10:53 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,646,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I think one of the problems for Arizona is that Phoenix has become the kidnap capital of the world, second only to Mexico City.

The pro-illegal side interestingly enough seems to have no problem at all with the fact that illegals are being held hostage, being tortured and killed for ransom money. For some very odd reason their constitutional rights don't matter in Phoenix drop houses.

And the pro-illegal side has not objected to American citizens being stopped for traffic and other violations an expected to show IDs and verify their identity. Americans can be asked for ID at banks, when applying for mortgages, driving, when boarding a plane -- and where is the pro-illegal side when standing up for the constitutional right to never provide proof of identity then?

It's ONLY when it comes to illegals that they care about rights. No illegal is to ever be asked anything. If asked for ID, it could become very obvious they are not here legally and could be deported.
Reading between the lines: the illegals are becoming ever more desperate and are grasping at straws i.e. the 'race card'-----------never mind such a move now backfires on most Americans. Our 'White guilt' is dying quite quickly.

Old 05-09-2010, 12:03 PM

752 posts, read 1,242,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Reading between the lines: the illegals are becoming ever more desperate and are grasping at straws i.e. the 'race card'-----------never mind such a move now backfires on most Americans. Our 'White guilt' is dying quite quickly.
I am white, and carry no guilt.. I'm not racist nor was I involved in or did i condone any racist activities in my entire life. i will not carry the guilt of my forefathers bad decision making. It had nothing to do with me.
its all in the past
it should be left there.

Old 05-09-2010, 12:12 PM

3,750 posts, read 4,508,455 times
A few day's ago I received this note from a buddy along the border http://atvfrontier.com/images/smiles/mad.gif (broken link)

May 01, 2010

Report from Cochise County, Arizona

By T.J. Woodard

Being an avid AT reader, and living on the Arizona border in Cochise County, I thought I would provide those who wish to be informed some insight into the truth about the state of the U.S.-Mexican border -- at least in this part of the state.

I moved to Cochise County after retiring from the Army in 2008 to take a position working at Fort Huachuca (pronounced "wa-choo-ka," an Apache word meaning "place of thunder" and referring to the time after the summer monsoon season). Having lived here in 1991 for eight months while attending an Army school, I soon realized that the place had changed considerably in the eighteen years of my absence.
Moderator cut: shortened, copyright protection. Please provide a link to the original source.

Last edited by Yac; 05-10-2010 at 06:39 AM..

Old 05-09-2010, 05:07 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,157,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I think it is more like their ethnocentric supporters and sympathizers who are grasping at straws. Just read any pro-illegal forum. I doubt that many of their posters are actually illegals.

Old 05-10-2010, 12:47 AM

5,615 posts, read 12,435,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minesbroken View Post
I am white, and carry no guilt.. I'm not racist nor was I involved in or did i condone any racist activities in my entire life. i will not carry the guilt of my forefathers bad decision making. It had nothing to do with me.
its all in the past
it should be left there.
Quoted for truth.
Couldn't have put it any better actually.

Old 05-10-2010, 09:43 AM

8,296 posts, read 9,121,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minesbroken View Post
its all in the past
it should be left there.
I totally agree. I admit that my ancestors were slave holders but *I* had nothing to do with it and I refuse to carry any guilt over it.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:18 AM

32,823 posts, read 30,091,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
A few day's ago I received this note from a buddy along the border

May 01, 2010

Report from Cochise County, Arizona

By T.J. Woodard

Being an avid AT reader, and living on the Arizona border in Cochise County, I thought I would provide those who wish to be informed some insight into the truth about the state of the U.S.-Mexican border -- at least in this part of the state.

I moved to Cochise County after retiring from the Army in 2008 to take a position working at Fort Huachuca (pronounced "wa-choo-ka," an Apache word meaning "place of thunder" and referring to the time after the summer monsoon season). Having lived here in 1991 for eight months while attending an Army school, I soon realized that the place had changed considerably in the eighteen years of my absence.
Moderator cut: shortened, copyright protection. Please provide a link to the original source.

Found your story

American Thinker: Report from Cochise County, Arizona
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration