U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-13-2010, 06:18 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Reputation: 17688

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
More people from Mexico have entered the US illegally in the past decade than 150 years of Irish, most of which were legal - apparently your family did it the legal way.
Now that this thread has been moved to the proper forum I doubt any of these "Alien horn tooters" will have much to say on it. No one in this forum is fooled by mean words like "racist". Illegal Alien is not a race, it is an ACT. It appears these land barons and illegal businesses will have to buck up and hire people at the prevailing wages of their State~ Boo Hoo for the illegal businesses, I hope you all get a BIG FAT GOVT IRS AUDIT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-14-2010, 01:31 AM
 
Location: The North
4,962 posts, read 8,679,624 times
Reputation: 3832
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
++reps to you, Wanneroo.

That's what the illegal immigration issue is really about, IMO. Why aren't the people of Latin America doing mass protests like they are in Greece??? (Not that I agree completely with the rationale for the protests...but at least the Greeks are standing up to their corrupt government on some level) Mexicans and other Latin Americans don't stand up to their own governments but seem glad to come to the US and protest here. They accept massive corruption in their own country as "just the way it is" but come here to assert rights they don't have. Does it make me a right wing nut job to say I think there's something wrong with this picture???
I don't think your argument is "nut job", it just lacks depth. The majority of people making the illegal journey are at the bottom of the class structure. No country is highly responsive to their needs and few changes would ever be made to their benefit over those in the higher classes, the US is no different in this way. Illegal immigration is rarely a case of going somewhere else and demanding rights, to an illegal life in the US is just an opportunity presenting itself. Cleaning up corruption won't make the same opportunities suddenly appear to the poor in Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2010, 01:35 AM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,291,186 times
Reputation: 6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
A friend who was recently in a traffic accident hit a couple of undocumented Mexicans who ran a red light, had no insurance, and no drivers licenses. Do you think there's even a tiny chance of her managing to get them to pay for the damage to her car?

Welcome to the world of living with people who have no respect for our laws...
Very seriously Sad, welcome to our lovely Federal Government and those in Power, who do not have RESPECT for Our laws on Illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2010, 01:51 AM
 
3,071 posts, read 7,444,911 times
Reputation: 1619
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
A friend who was recently in a traffic accident hit a couple of undocumented Mexicans who ran a red light, had no insurance, and no drivers licenses. Do you think there's even a tiny chance of her managing to get them to pay for the damage to her car?

Welcome to the world of living with people who have no respect for our laws...
This is a perfect example of what the illegals are doing that needs attention....But they dont want to talk about that,,,,,you see its all about race ,,,,,,,,,,,,that BS dont get it no more..Its lame
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2010, 06:31 AM
 
9 posts, read 13,450 times
Reputation: 11
my uncle donny lives in arizona and he has the website Ill see if I can copy and paste for you later today tami
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2011, 09:08 AM
 
Location: Out in the Badlands
10,395 posts, read 8,349,307 times
Reputation: 7679
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANAPA View Post
I just received a phone call from a friend of mine who told me he watched a news report stating that Arizona's illegal immigrants are fleeing in waves to Colorado.

I can't find anything to support this, but it could have just been a one off story since I've seen things on the television news in the past that I later could not locate online.


Has anyone heard anything about this, and if so, what areas are the illegals infiltrating?
Ahhhh how bout the entire flippin USA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2011, 09:04 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
I don't think your argument is "nut job", it just lacks depth. The majority of people making the illegal journey are at the bottom of the class structure. No country is highly responsive to their needs and few changes would ever be made to their benefit over those in the higher classes, the US is no different in this way. Illegal immigration is rarely a case of going somewhere else and demanding rights, to an illegal life in the US is just an opportunity presenting itself. Cleaning up corruption won't make the same opportunities suddenly appear to the poor in Mexico.
Their social stratification is no excuse. Black Americans were also at the bottom rung of society. However, they refused to be treated unjustly. They fought and died for years to realize change. Why can’t Mexicans and others do the same, rather than fleeing to the U.S. for better opportunities? Nothing will change as long as they lack the courage to force change. If we stop accommodating illegals, perhaps they will then have no recourse but to remain in their countries and fight to improve conditions.

What were the massive “immigrant rights” marches, if not demands? It takes a heck of a lot of gall for illegals to brazenly violate our laws, and then protest in OUR streets demanding rights and privileges from OUR government. Yet, they lack the fortitude to demand anything from their own governments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2011, 09:18 AM
 
3,493 posts, read 2,385,999 times
Reputation: 2345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Their social stratification is no excuse. Black Americans were also at the bottom rung of society. However, they refused to be treated unjustly. They fought and died for years to realize change. Why can’t Mexicans and others do the same, rather than fleeing to the U.S. for better opportunities? Nothing will change as long as they lack the courage to force change. If we stop accommodating illegals, perhaps they will then have no recourse but to remain in their countries and fight to improve conditions.

What were the massive “immigrant rights” marches, if not demands? It takes a heck of a lot of gall for illegals to brazenly violate our laws, and then protest in OUR streets demanding rights and privileges from OUR government. Yet, they lack the fortitude to demand anything from their own governments.
Yeah.

It's not only our government they're making demands from. Fundamentally it's us, the United States taxpayers they want things from. The truth is that they want us to let them skip the line and move next door to us in massive numbers. Once here they want us to learn Spanish, educate their children with our tax dollars and pay for their medical services and housing.

If we protest against such demands we're clearly bad racists who are dishonoring our very own grandparents.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2011, 09:55 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Yeah.

It's not only our government they're making demands from. Fundamentally it's us, the United States taxpayers they want things from. The truth is that they want us to let them skip the line and move next door to us in massive numbers. Once here they want us to learn Spanish, educate their children with our tax dollars and pay for their medical services and housing.

If we protest against such demands we're clearly bad racists who are dishonoring our very own grandparents.

True. It’s also interesting that illegal immigration is the ONLY lawless act in which opposition is demonized and labeled racism. No one would consider vilifying others for opposing theft, but somehow they consider illegal alien theft justified, and all opponents are xenophobes and haters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2011, 10:20 AM
 
Location: Wherabouts Unknown!
7,754 posts, read 16,452,867 times
Reputation: 9287
I can see BOTH sides of this issue.

On the one hand, we've spent our entire lives in the relative splendor of the USA, and the advantage in lifestyle that has given us. For better or worse, it is just human nature to have a strong desire to hold on to those advantages and use legality rather than morality to justify our position on the issue of illegal immigration.

On the other hand, most of us have the advantages we have, simply becasue we were born in the USA. Our advantaged lifestyle is simply due to an accident of birth. Again, simple human nature at work to blind us of this reality. Rather than sharing our good fortune with those less fortunate, we choose to have our politicians create laws that make someone a criminal for taking actions to better their lot lot in life. We ( myself included ) choose to hide behind the skirts of legality, as a means of not having to face our unwillingness to exercise unconditional compassion to our fellow human beings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top