U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-30-2007, 11:56 AM
 
902 posts, read 505,293 times
Reputation: 184

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
that site's counters are estimates, i hope you all realize. most experts have settled on a number well below 20 million in terms of illegal population. the site also has no means of accurately determining jobs taken, cost of schooling due to the children, or money wired.
I hope ya'll realize that they have been using the number 12 million for close to 6 years now. Anyone with a brain knows that even if that number was correct 6 years ago, and it wasn't of course, the number has surely increased. 12 million is by no means an accurate estimate either. It is probably closer to more than 20 million. Those illegals have been, and still are, invading this country by the thousands each and every week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-30-2007, 04:43 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 708,886 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
I hope ya'll realize that they have been using the number 12 million for close to 6 years now. Anyone with a brain knows that even if that number was correct 6 years ago, and it wasn't of course, the number has surely increased. 12 million is by no means an accurate estimate either. It is probably closer to more than 20 million. Those illegals have been, and still are, invading this country by the thousands each and every week.
are you just guessing or do you have a credible source for this information?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2007, 04:46 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth/Dallas
11,878 posts, read 32,917,927 times
Reputation: 5539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
I hope ya'll realize that they have been using the number 12 million for close to 6 years now. Anyone with a brain knows that even if that number was correct 6 years ago, and it wasn't of course, the number has surely increased. 12 million is by no means an accurate estimate either. It is probably closer to more than 20 million. Those illegals have been, and still are, invading this country by the thousands each and every week.
I too believe that it is closer to 20 million these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2007, 04:53 PM
 
2,432 posts, read 6,003,319 times
Reputation: 1009
I think we are seeing about a million coming over every four or five months. Of course that doesn't include the ones that are overstaying legal visas and such.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2007, 04:59 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 708,886 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I too believe that it is closer to 20 million these days.
based off of what, though? intuition? doesnt cut it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2007, 05:37 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth/Dallas
11,878 posts, read 32,917,927 times
Reputation: 5539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
I think we are seeing about a million coming over every four or five months. Of course that doesn't include the ones that are overstaying legal visas and such.
I don't know if it's that many, but any amount is definitely not good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2007, 05:40 PM
 
635 posts, read 1,559,513 times
Reputation: 111
I'm sorry to break the news, but people will come over in any way possible. It must be terrifying going through a tunnel. Their home countries economies are awful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2007, 06:09 PM
 
902 posts, read 505,293 times
Reputation: 184
I believe that we have better ideas than you do when it comes to the amount of illegals. At least all of us know that the number of 12 million has been used for about 6 years now and that more illegals hav e invaded the country since they started using that number. Anyone with a brain knows these facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2007, 06:14 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 708,886 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
I believe that we have better ideas than you do when it comes to the amount of illegals. At least all of us know that the number of 12 million has been used for about 6 years now and that more illegals hav e invaded the country since they started using that number. Anyone with a brain knows these facts.
that is not a valid argument. i want to see credible sources. if you cant provide them, that says alot about your "truths".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2007, 06:16 PM
 
902 posts, read 505,293 times
Reputation: 184
You haven't provided any credible sources yourself so stop saying that everyone else has to. It is a valid argument and makes sense. All one has to do is use common sense, unless of course one is an illegal lover.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top