U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 06:20 PM

902 posts, read 505,812 times

Advertisements

Illegal aliens
in the U.S.

Illegal aliens in the
U.S. since Jan. 1

The Tucson sector Border Patrol union local 2544 on the number of illegal aliens in our nation: "There are currently 15 to 20 million illegal aliens in this country by many estimates, but the real numbers could be much higher and the numbers increase every day because our borders are not secure (no matter what the politicians tell you - don't believe them for a second)". (Visit the local's website).

In agreement with Senator McCain, our counters are calibrated to reflect an increase of 10,000 total additional illegal aliens added to the United States population each day.

The counters reflect figures that include illegal aliens successfully entering our nation combined with those who overstay their visas.

In a one hour documentary, Immigrant Nation - Divided Country originally aired in October 2004, CNN estimated that "7 20 million" people were "living in this country illegally".

CNN's Lou Dobbs, a highly educated authority on the illegal immigration crisis in our nation regularly uses a figure of "20 million" when discussing the number of illegal aliens on his broadcast "Lou Dobbs Tonight" (Monday - Friday 6 pm & 11 pm eastern time, CNN, see March 2, 2005 transcript).

In April 2003, Georgia state Senator - and national board member of MALDEF - Sam Zamarripa told the Georgia state senate that there were 20 million illegals in the U.S. at the time.

We are aware that others offer lower estimates.

In a September 2004 report on our un-secure borders Who Left the Door Open?, Time magazine used an estimation of 15 million illegals present in the U.S. using reasoning similar to ours but with much more optimistic U.S. Border Patrol apprehension rates.

President George W. Bush and then Secretary of Homeland Security, Tom Ridge, used a figure of "8-12 million" illegal aliens in December 2003.
Other reports - including one recently released by the Pew Hispanic Center and figures used by the Center for Immigration Studies quoting 10 - 11 million illegal aliens present in the U.S. - rely heavily on U.S. Census data that many, we at TAR included, believe to be incomplete, inaccurate and artificially low.

An independent study of the underground economy released in January 2005 by the Wall Street financial firm Bear Stearns, The Underground Labor Force is Rising to the Surface, produced estimates of 18-20 million illegal aliens present in the United States.

Numbers of illegal aliens in the U.S. by Fred Elbel - THE AMERICAN RESISTANCE FOUNDATION - Information on immigration counters -
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2007, 06:36 PM

Illegal immigrants in the US: How many are there?

Old 11-30-2007, 06:39 PM

1,510 posts, read 709,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
You haven't provided any credible sources yourself so stop saying that everyone else has to. It is a valid argument and makes sense. All one has to do is use common sense, unless of course one is an illegal lover.
i have over and over. ask me to source any claim ive made, and i will. go ahead....

Old 11-30-2007, 06:42 PM

What you say is credible I don't agree with. There are so many different numbers thrown around that there is no way to know for sure but even McCain, who loves illegals, says that the number is well over 12 million.

Old 11-30-2007, 06:46 PM

Quote:
What you say is credible I don't agree with. There are so many different numbers thrown around that there is no way to know for sure but even McCain, who loves illegals, says that the number is well over 12 million.
but thats the thing... i acknowledge the lack of knowledge of a true head count. thats why my posts tend to say "assuming 20 million illegals", or "using a decided upon figure of 11 million according to this webpage". even when i dont preface it, its always hypothetical. i never proclaim a specific number as fact.

Old 11-30-2007, 06:58 PM

I don't proclaim a specific number either, though I do use the over 20 m illion phrase quite often because I believe it is from all that I have read and what I have heard over the last few years.

Old 11-30-2007, 07:01 PM

Quote:
I don't proclaim a specific number either, though I do use the over 20 m illion phrase quite often because I believe it is from all that I have read and what I have heard over the last few years.
if youve read it, and its a credible source, you should be able to link it.

Old 11-30-2007, 07:02 PM

I already gave a b unch of links in a few posts back. Try rereading and then click on the links. I proved my point and that is that.

Old 11-30-2007, 07:12 PM

"Nailing down such figures is impossible."

straight from your article. 7-20 million? not a very accurate figure.

"could be" "estimated"

Old 11-30-2007, 07:25 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmi View Post
I'd like to see a definition of what that site considers "skilled jobs". In my personal experience, I have seen immigrants (whether they are legal or not, I do not know), working at gas stations, in fields, ect. NOT "skilled" work. It is completley uncalled for you to imply that there is something wrong in Washington D.C. because there are illegal immigrants in the United States. One, this is not the only issue occuring - I'd like to see you try to deal with all of them at once (not saying that I empathize with Bush, but there is more in Washington D.C.). Secondly, I'd ALSO like to see you try to live in the poverty that these illegal immigrants are trying to fight out of.
There is no reason to hate, either. many immigrant's choices are taken away, and they are left with coming into the United States illegal - trying to start over and provide for their families and giving their children a possible second start.
Wrong!

One of the biggest reasons if not the main one is that our Federal government is in cahoots with many business types aiding and abetting illegal immigration-------otherwise; why are there ca. 10 million illegal immigrants in my country?

Not our problem-------Mexico to use the biggest source of illegals as an example is not a poor country. Their per capita income is above $10K a year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or