U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 01:04 AM

378 posts, read 357,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
because he doesn't agree that minorities should revolt and hurt americans? uhh how could i go against that? you're not even good at being a troll
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 01:13 AM

17 posts, read 13,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreXican View Post
I think many of us remember why we had Japanese camps. It wasn't because they were bettering themselves. Where did you get this from? It was because of the attack on Pearl Harbor. The people were paranoid and in a frenzy over who they could trust, and where the Japanese allegiances were. While I do not think it was right to round up the Japanese American citizens, it was NOT a result of them trying to better themselves. If that were the case, every ethnic group that is well off would be sent to camps in America. Jews? Indians? Nigerians? Were they ever sent to camps here in America?

Hmm perhaps nobody was making a big deal about illegal immigration during the "good" economic times because their numbers were smaller. Once their numbers became so great, and the economy tumbled because of them (and other factors), Americans oblivious to the negative effects of illegal immigration woke up.

Rioting in America? You do realize the "rights" that illegal aliens are exercising do not belong to them? You cannot demand citizenship.

I would never betray my country in favor of my heritage. You are an utter fool for believing in a revolution of a people that are not supposed to be here in the first place. I know you are not referring to legal Mexicans, because they are citizens and many of us realize our allegiance to America over Mexico. It's the illegal Mexicans I'm assuming you want to revolt?

I am Hispanic and have never played the race card. I know many LEGAL Hispanic-Americans who are in college getting their degrees and have many high-paying jobs. I'm sick and tired of people claiming their race or ethnicity as a hindrance for trying to get into a higher position. The only person who is stopping yourself from being something better is YOU.

The next Asian group to come to the U.S. in large numbers were the Japanese. They initially came to Hawai'i as cheaper replacements for Chinese workers beginning around 1890. In Japan's case, they also experienced economic and military domination by the west, which began when Commodore Matthew Perry sailed into Tokyo Bay in 1853 with his infamous "black ships," threatening war if Japan did not open itself up for trade with the west. As a result, Japan's economy became dependent on the west and ordinary citizens struggled to survive economically.

But unlike workers from China, Japanese workers were actively recruited to work in Hawai'i and the U.S. and were initially closely supervised by the Japanese government to insure that they were doing well. Also unlike the Chinese, Japanese workers were mainly concentrated in agricultural jobs. However, once again, the Japanese eventually received the same type of discriminatory treatment the Chinese had received earlier, which culminated in 1907 Gentlemen's Agreement. Japan agreed to stop issuing passports for Japanese workers to go to the U.S., even though this did not seriously reduce the amount of Japanese immigrants coming into the U.S

Nonetheless, the Japanese were subjected to the same discriminatory laws and prejudices that the Chinese endured earlier, including restrictions on their rights to own land and become citizens. Also like the Chinese, the Japanese did not sit idly by while they were being discriminated against. In fact, history shows that, in addition to filing federal court cases, they organized many demonstrations and strikes, led many boycotts, published many books and essays, and enlisted the support of many sympathetic whites.

These actions taken by the Chinese and Japanese to fight for their rights demonstrates an incredible determination to not only become citizens of the U.S., but to try to assimilate into U.S. society as best as possible. In other words, they wanted to be as American as everybody else. They were consistently denied that opportunity, but they fought as hard as possible for their rights to be treated fairly and equally

Eventually, other Asian groups followed the Chinese and Japanese into the U.S., such as the Koreans and Filipinos. Only about 7,000 Koreans came to the U.S. before 1951, and they also mainly worked in the sugarcane plantations of Hawai'i. Also, approximately 130,000 Filipinos came to the U.S. before 1935. They were helped by the legal status as U.S. territory residents and yes, they too worked mainly in agriculture

During this period before 1940, these Asian groups tried as best as they could, given the restrictions placed upon them, to make a living for themselves and to become as integrated into American life as possible. However, everything changed when World War 2 started.

Read more: http://www.asian-nation.org/internment.shtml#ixzz0nbIGE2dk

Even before pearl harbor happened roosevelt ordered the father/head of fbi (j,edgar hoover) to spy on them, cleared of any suspicion by hoover, but were put in camps anyway by roosevelt.

So, lets educate the late proffessor shall we?

The Japanese and Chinese all came here Legally, lived by the laws, did their best to be a model minority. Your telling me, they were treated fairly? even before the war?

Black history shall we? wants equal rights, no segration. Wanted to better themselves, who did their damnest to quash that notion? Was that a display of "self Pity" even after slavery? Did they not try?
So who tried to stop them?

To be quiet frank, im more ammused by the morons who plays by a set of rules that suits them at their conveniece at their time and play by another when it DOESNT suit them, at their inconvenience and an inconvenient time.

The jews, nigerians, indians you speak off, have all been enticed to work here (in great numbers i might add) because you dont have enough highly qualified americans to fill the gap, just like you dont have enough lazy americans who wont get out of bed for a measly $6 or what ever the minimum wage is. They are too busy pretending to be the next jones family in their trailers.

Quote:
You are an utter fool for believing in a revolution of a people that are not supposed to be here in the first place

ROFLAMO. my stomach hurts so much from the comic and so is my good doctor friend here, who happens to be a Native American Indian.

Sweet dreams professor. LMAO.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:39 AM

346 posts, read 616,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanWarrior2010;14124062[COLOR=#000000
]
Even before pearl harbor happened roosevelt ordered the father/head of fbi (j,edgar hoover) to spy on them, cleared of any suspicion by hoover, but were put in camps anyway by roosevelt.

So, lets educate the late proffessor shall we?

The Japanese and Chinese all came here Legally, lived by the laws, did their best to be a model minority. Your telling me, they were treated fairly? even before the war?

Black history shall we? wants equal rights, no segration. Wanted to better themselves, who did their damnest to quash that notion? Was that a display of "self Pity" even after slavery? Did they not try?
So who tried to stop them?

To be quiet frank, im more ammused by the morons who plays by a set of rules that suits them at their conveniece at their time and play by another when it DOESNT suit them, at their inconvenience and an inconvenient time.

The jews, nigerians, indians you speak off, have all been enticed to work here (in great numbers i might add) because you dont have enough highly qualified americans to fill the gap, just like you dont have enough lazy americans who wont get out of bed for a measly $6 or what ever the minimum wage is. They are too busy pretending to be the next jones family in their trailers.

ROFLAMO. my stomach hurts so much from the comic and so is my good doctor friend here, who happens to be a Native American Indian.

Sweet dreams professor. LMAO.
[/color]
Seriously, now? You compare the plight of Hispanics to that of blacks and the Japanese? In 2010, are Hispanics segregated in schools? Have they been placed in camps? Did the Japanese take advantage of an open border by smuggling in drugs? IA's have been enticed into coming here with the prospect of jobs. We have made attempts at punishing the employer, and now it is the illegal aliens who we shall discipline next.

We have become a far more educated and tolerant society than the one we had at the early beginning of the 20th century. It is a shame that you view Americans as lazy and uneducated. We may not be the most educated country in the world, but we sure do possess some of the best and brightest. We still bring in intelligent people from other country's through legal means because that makes our country better. We are a country of legal immigration, and have been since we established Ellis Island and its lesser known predecessors. That is why we bring in the educated.

It is also a shame that you view unemployed Americans as lazy trailer dwellers - I sense some hostility towards Caucasians from you. Did you also know that the unemployment rate is significantly higher for African Americans and Hispanic Americans?

Regardless, I do enjoy the fact that you have a smug sense of satisfaction and laugh at posts that challenge your viewpoints. That shows insecurity over somebody challenging your misguided views.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration