U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-10-2010, 08:02 PM
 
Location: Southcentral Kansas
44,924 posts, read 27,028,059 times
Reputation: 4269

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
Whose land? The Mexicans? The Columbians? The Argentines.... you get the idea? Then tell us, where did they get the land?

Nobody's native around here excepting the Indians.
And all the tribes want to have casinos and other gambling services to make their money from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-10-2010, 08:05 PM
 
Location: Charleston, SC
5,615 posts, read 12,421,015 times
Reputation: 2525
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
They are in the USA only because the United States STOLE them at the point of a GUN from Mexico. Otherwise they would be in Mexico. The Mexicans have MORE of a claim on that land than the Americans do. It is just that the Americans did their dirty work and rewrote history just like we did with the Injuns whom they ran off all the land, gave them the state of Sequoyah and then stole even that and renamed it Oklahoma. But you cannot rewrite the truth forever. Eventually it gets told.
In before "Gadsen Purchase."

Oops... beaten to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2010, 08:22 PM
 
166 posts, read 212,151 times
Reputation: 117
So she thinks that The Catholic Church can reach the 12 million but the law can't? If that's her reasoning why didn't she use that venue to encourage the Church to uphold the law? If the Church can reach the 12 million, why should the message be that lawlessness is to be rewarded?
I'm disgusted that she would use this avenue.
AND she's just wrong! We can and we will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2010, 08:34 PM
 
Location: Charleston, SC
5,615 posts, read 12,421,015 times
Reputation: 2525
If they take her advice IMO they're getting seriously close to losing their tax-free status. They would be wise to avoid politics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2010, 08:38 PM
 
Location: ...at a 3AM epiphany
2,206 posts, read 2,137,548 times
Reputation: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Can you show us any kind of proof of property ownership? Did our nation pay Mexico for the Gadsden Purchase? Come on get real about ownership of land. They tried to hold California and failed. They tried to hold Texas and failed.

Fortify the border and send the illegals home. How do we do that? Most of the military transports could make a couple of trips a day and haul many people per trip. Haul them to the south end of Mexico and see how long it takes them to get back. Buses, trains could haul them too. Yes We Can send them back where they belong and No we don't need illegals to do the work on the farms of the west coast. Plenty of them would come legally and go back home when the work is finished. Get those illegals out of our country.
All we need to do is setup our military training exercises up along the border. That's all. Illegals will not dare to enter and our government pays for it anyway. Costs no one any more $$$$ and our borders are secure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2010, 08:44 PM
 
Location: ...at a 3AM epiphany
2,206 posts, read 2,137,548 times
Reputation: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Can you show us any kind of proof of property ownership? Did our nation pay Mexico for the Gadsden Purchase? Come on get real about ownership of land. They tried to hold California and failed. They tried to hold Texas and failed.

Fortify the border and send the illegals home. How do we do that? Most of the military transports could make a couple of trips a day and haul many people per trip. Haul them to the south end of Mexico and see how long it takes them to get back. Buses, trains could haul them too. Yes We Can send them back where they belong and No we don't need illegals to do the work on the farms of the west coast. Plenty of them would come legally and go back home when the work is finished. Get those illegals out of our country.
All we need to do is setup our military training exercises up along the border. That's all. Illegals will not dare to enter and our government pays for it anyway. Costs no one any more $$$$ and our borders are secure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2010, 05:33 AM
 
Location: Massachusetts
10,032 posts, read 6,859,367 times
Reputation: 4207
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
They are in the USA only because the United States STOLE them at the point of a GUN from Mexico. Otherwise they would be in Mexico. The Mexicans have MORE of a claim on that land than the Americans do. It is just that the Americans did their dirty work and rewrote history just like we did with the Injuns whom they ran off all the land, gave them the state of Sequoyah and then stole even that and renamed it Oklahoma. But you cannot rewrite the truth forever. Eventually it gets told.

Ok...I see- so it's the land that they seek. It isn't jobs, free healthcare, free education for their children, and anything else they can get in the USA. It all makes sense now. Thanks for clearing that up. Land....it's the land.... there must be a shortage of land in Mexico.


Now then- do you care to take a shot at justification for illegal alien Mexicans in other states that were never part of Mexico?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2010, 05:35 AM
 
Location: Massachusetts
10,032 posts, read 6,859,367 times
Reputation: 4207
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The Mexicans ARE my countrymen just like the blacks, the Jews, the Polish, the Irish and everybody else here.

Really? Why don't you go join your countrymen in Mexico then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2010, 05:41 AM
 
Location: Massachusetts
10,032 posts, read 6,859,367 times
Reputation: 4207
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
And all the tribes want to have casinos and other gambling services to make their money from.

I was a mortgage loan officer before the crash. I once wrote a loan for a 19 year old member of the tribe that owns Foxwoods casino in CT. She had 200K on her W2. I asked her what her job was and with a giggle she said "not much really". Those poor Native Americans. I'm sure this girl has endured great atrocities all of her life....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2010, 06:49 AM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I think Nancy is full of garbage.

This country can do anything we WANT to do. Who is it benefiting to keep these criminals in the country?

Breitbart.tv Pelosi: We Cant Tell 12M Illegals Go Back to Wherever You Came From or Go to Jail
She's benefiting.

They're working her vineyards in California.

Over-botoxed hypocrite!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top