Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 12:28 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,842,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I have an easy way to get rid of each and every illegal in the USA.

Put a $500 tax free bounty on their head for their arrest. there would be alot of illegals getting turned in then.
Better yet a million dollar fine for each illegal employee that a business hires or pays to do a single job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 12:28 PM

2,788 posts, read 8,011,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I think if we targeted employers, as well as minimizing social services they would self deport fairly quickly.

The 'anchor baby' stuff needs to stop, and I think parents should supply proof of citizenship before enrolling their children in school or asking for any social benefits.
JetJockey hit the nail on the head. We will never succeed in controlling illegal immigrant populations if we put all our effort into rounding up the hapless individuals who choose to risk freedom for a paying job. Round up the employers who regularly create this viable work market for illegals. How many of our legislators hire illegals as nannies, gardeners and drivers? How many lucrative factory owners skirt safety and payroll reforms v by hiring illegals under the table. These are the criminals betraying our country by withholding work to eligible Americans to save their own wallets. I don't mean just a slap on the wrist fine , either. Jail time for employers that knowingly hire illegals repeatedly.

Old 05-10-2010, 12:44 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
Default Amnesty should be granted

I think we should make citizenship available to all of the illegal immigrants and INCREASE the severity of penalties for all criminals.

The anti-illegal sentiment seems to be directed at Mexicans. I know many mexican people and they are fine people. Hardworking, colorful, deep, family-oriented, interesting people. Beautiful kids and beautiful women too. They are a noble people. They shouldn't be comdemned because of the worst in their race. I prefer them over conservatives.

Pelosi says we can't get rid of them and she's right. We shouldn't try. We should do what we can to welcome them to this country and help them become good citizens.

Old 05-10-2010, 12:47 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,147,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I have an easy way to get rid of each and every illegal in the USA.

Put a $500 tax free bounty on their head for their arrest. there would be alot of illegals getting turned in then.
Well as I understand you can get paid for turning in a tax cheat to the IRS...

Old 05-10-2010, 12:49 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,147,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
I know many mexican people and they are fine people. Hardworking, colorful, deep, family-oriented, interesting people. Beautiful kids and beautiful women too. They are a noble people.
Racial profiling!

Old 05-10-2010, 12:53 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,810,896 times
Quote:
I think we should make citizenship available to all of the illegal immigrants and INCREASE the severity of penalties for all criminals.

The anti-illegal sentiment seems to be directed at Mexicans. I know many mexican people and they are fine people. Hardworking, colorful, deep, family-oriented, interesting people. Beautiful kids and beautiful women too. They are a noble people. They shouldn't be comdemned because of the worst in their race. I prefer them over conservatives.

Pelosi says we can't get rid of them and she's right. We shouldn't try. We should do what we can to welcome them to this country and help them become good citizens.
They've broken the law. You want to welcome criminals into the country.
That will for certain create a bigger wave of illegal immigration.
Is that what you want?

Old 05-10-2010, 12:54 PM

49 posts, read 28,845 times
Quote:

What do you mean help them become good citizens. If they can't do that on their own, they need to stay where they are at. Let them all try to fix their own country instead of destroying ours.

Old 05-10-2010, 12:54 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,842,040 times
Quote:

When does it stop? When do we stop saying its ok for illegals to come into this country?

You do realize we dont have enough jobs for our own citizens now let alone adding 12 million more. Many of which have no desire to be productive citizens.

People are not against mexicans or anyone coming here legally they are against people doing it the wrong way.

Wait in line like everyone else has done.

There has to be a punishment for doing something illegal or we might as well open up the jails and let people out. Everyone can just pay a fine

Old 05-10-2010, 12:55 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Better yet a million dollar fine for each illegal employee that a business hires or pays to do a single job.

you could do that as well. but I think the $500 bounty on the illegal for their arrest would be a great incentive, plus the money would also be tax free.

Old 05-10-2010, 12:58 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,898,488 times
nancy noodlehead
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration