U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 05:53 PM

8,743 posts, read 10,042,351 times

Advertisements

I am no doubt against illegal immigration. For obvious reasons and common sense.

I am also TEMPORARILY against legal immigration. We don't have enough jobs for people HERE let alone bringing more people here. Forget that. Let us stabilize first. Ban immigration for at least a good 15 years.

Old 05-10-2010, 06:10 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,664,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
Most will admit that they want to decrease the amount of "legal" immigrants to the US. It's not just illegal immigrants they want to reduce, but also legal immigrants.
You've nailed them...how could you tell? Good detective work...(you 'read between the lines' pretty well).

Not only do MOST of these zealots fail to distinguish between 'legal' and 'illegal'; (they pretty much hate 'em ALL), a good number of them don't even like SMALL PUPPIES. (One guy I know doesn't even trust the GRANDCHILDREN of legal immigrants !)

I think you've nailed the 'anti-illegal' crowd pretty well. They REALLY hate everybody....Jews, joggers, artists, those who drink bottled water, the 'educated', Catholics, single Moms, the 'crazy', the 'crippled', blacks, those who can read, women, and vegetarians. Some of them hate EVERY state except Arizona. Their 'illegal' stance is just a cover....these folks are PLAINLY out of control....I know...I can tell...they don't fool me one bit.

Thanks for pointing this out...

Old 05-10-2010, 06:28 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,377,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
So what is wrong with that especially since our country is struggling economically and so many Americans are out of work? We already have over 300 million people in this country now. We are also suffering shortages of many resources in our country. I would be for a moratorium on legal immigration temporarily or a reduction in it until we can get this illegal immigration mess straighted out and we can be a financially sound country again.
We need to put a temporary moratorium on legal immigration until we can create more jobs. We don't have enough jobs for 15 million Americans and now the Dems are talking amnesty for 12 million illegals. Uh...are there 27 million available jobs somewhere in this country I don't know about? Then we keep bringing in more people, thus creating more competition for the unemployed American. What is going to happen to the unemployed when the government can't pay for anymore extensions? Let's get our own people back to work first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or