U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 08:13 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
I was looking on YouTube for something else and I came across this. I see a lot of people talk about how Hispanics who are here legally are usually on the side of the illegal immigrants and this video pretty much shows the train of thought. People argue that a lot of "Mexican-Americans" could care less about the US and this is a live, on-the-street example of that mindset. Illegal immigrants are "their people." Someone here tried to say that Mexican-Americans don't consider themselves Mexican or don't pledge allegiance to Mexico. Well, even when they are citizens of the US, they pledge allegiance to Mexico. There was a poll done in CA that said that like 80% of Mexican-Americans consider themselves Mexicans.

YouTube - Palmdale Anti-Illegal Immigration Rally; The Racist

What do you guys think about illegal immigration supporters like this lady? I applaud the guy interviewing.

This lady just doesn't get the whole point of how people who are legally here are spending money on illegal immigration. I love when they try to talk about legal residents and how they may need assistance. Well, you know what, they are legally here and have rights to that assistance. Check out the comments on that YouTube page as well.

Well -- she's very typical of the open borders side.

To be fair though there are people who might be called Mexican-American who speak fine English and who are pro-USA. They may be a tiny minority but some are that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 10:59 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Watching this video I know from experience that there are many Americans of Mexican descent in this country who think exactly like this woman does. They are tribally ethnocentric who put their ethnic group above the laws of this country. Their loyalty is to Mexicans and Mexico, not this country. And we should legalize 12 million or more just like her?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Just like what? She said she was an American citizen, how can you "legalize" a foreigner to be a Natural born citizen?

Whatever her views, she is still allowed to express them.
What chicagonut is saying, and you would understand if you didn't allow your overly emotional protective nature toward illegal aliens to roadblock your neurons, is that the ATTITUDE this woman has--Mexico and Mexicans above all else--ethnocentrism unparalleled by any other ethnic group in this country--is exactly what we're going to get if 12 million people with that same belief system are legalized.

Para La Raza--Todo.
Fuera de La Raza--Nada.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:23 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
What chicagonut is saying, and you would understand if you didn't allow your overly emotional protective nature toward illegal aliens to roadblock your neurons, is that the ATTITUDE this woman has--Mexico and Mexicans above all else--ethnocentrism unparalleled by any other ethnic group in this country--is exactly what we're going to get if 12 million people with that same belief system are legalized.

Para La Raza--Todo.
Fuera de La Raza--Nada.
Thanks, Kele. I thought my post was clear on what I meant but I guess to some it was not.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:37 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,016,184 times
Well if she is an american born citizen, which I doubt, as it took several attempts before she said so, than obviously she is aslo a product of the public school system and she failed the section on critical thinking, if not the section on basic thinking...................not exactly the pride of her family and race

Really, there are times I think it should be a felony for stupid people to breed and have kids.......................
Im sorry but my brain now has a headache as just watching that drivil was like being in a vacum.................

Old 05-11-2010, 12:11 PM

1,038 posts, read 1,031,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Well -- she's very typical of the open borders side.

To be fair though there are people who might be called Mexican-American who speak fine English and who are pro-USA. They may be a tiny minority but some are that.
Generalize much. Do you have stats to back that up or did you pull it out of thin air?

Old 05-11-2010, 12:32 PM

13,048 posts, read 21,158,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
Generalize much. Do you have stats to back that up or did you pull it out of thin air?
I do belive "may" was the operative word. What stats are you requiring to prove a speculative observation?

Old 05-11-2010, 01:43 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,016,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
Uhm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Mal doesnt pull much out of the air and I sincerly doubt this is fabrication.
I also know plenty 3d and 4th generation americans of Spanish descent who also support the az law and want the illegals out of here..........by the way,
one of those happens to be my better half whose mothers maiden name was Rameriz
oh my gosh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,that blows the concept that all us whitieys are racist, I married a hispanic girl.................and I got the better end of that deal

Old 05-11-2010, 06:34 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,137,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyKid View Post
As a 2nd generation mexican american, I have to agree with you. A lot of the mexican americans at least in SoCal are loyal to their people before they are loyal to the US and its laws. This makes me disgusted. Personally, I consider myself an american first and a mexican second. I am for the AZ bill and hope they pass a similar bill here in CA, even though CA will probably be the last state to pass such a bill.

The lady in the video is a disgrace to all "true" mexican americans. I could tell by just the title "Palmdale" what type of people would be in this video. For anyone unfamiliar with Palmdale,CA, it is a city in the middle of the desert filled with illegal immigrants, gang members, meth addicts, welfare recipients etc.

I actually got into a physical altercation with another mexican dude in discussing illegal immigration one time. He called me a "sellout", a "traitor" and even a "coconut" LOL. I told him to go back to Mexico and he got in my face and swung at me first. I dodged his punch and in self defense punched the guy right in the face knocking him out. These are the type of people I am up against.
We need more Americans like you.

When someone honors America, America will bend over backwards to ensure heritage is honored to the fullest extent.

Thank you for being a patriot to your country.

Old 07-15-2011, 08:44 AM

23,873 posts, read 17,577,017 times
i know this poll was from a couple years back, but i only recently heard about it.

i wonder if it would change any minds if it were more widely publicized...
personally, it turns my stomach.

Quote:
Nearly 70 percent of Mexicans surveyed said that Mexican-Americans – including those born in the United States – owe their primary loyalty to Mexico, not the U.S., according to a Zogby poll commissioned by the Center for Immigration Studies.
Poll: Mexicans say Mexican-Americans Owe Loyalty to Mexico Over U.S. | CNSnews.com (http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/55496 - broken link)

Old 07-15-2011, 08:57 AM

403 posts, read 280,717 times
Quote:
Camarota was careful to note the limitations of the poll.

“It doesn’t tell us what Mexican-Americans think, it tells us what the expectation of Mexican-Americans is among Mexicans,” he said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or