U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 12:13 PM

3,869 posts, read 3,183,026 times

Advertisements

The OP needs to do her research.L.A. will probably be Bankrupt in the next year or so,thanks to it's Ultra Liberal Mexican American Mayor and the Dems in the State Legislature led by his Ultra Liberal,Gay cousin.See how it's done,just like in Mexico(Nepotism and Corruption).Karen Bass issued her dept. raises when the State was having layoffs(LA's Mayor's daughter works for her)..LA is a perfect example of what mass Illegal Immigration has done for it's enclaves graffitti,tagging,gang banging,overcrowded freeways,schools,ER,crime and all the rest.http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/mone...sts-labor.html Instead of meddling in Arizona's affairs LA needs to deal with it's more pressing issues of solvency.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...y-repairs.html
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,6176317.story
http://www.businessinsider.com/schwa...ifornia-2010-5 And the rest of California is also in for a rude awakening.

Last edited by antarez; 05-12-2010 at 12:42 PM.. Reason: added links
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 04:11 PM

61 posts, read 64,346 times
I would simply charge LA more money for there electricity or just cut the juice off right now if they want to continue with this boycott.

Old 05-12-2010, 04:28 PM

5,952 posts, read 6,397,629 times
This from the same city council who approved approx $50,000 for a feasibility study of implementing a reverse 911 system. These idiots did not even realize or bothered to ask that L.A. already had one.

These boobs also voted to send a federal grant of 1.6 million to Mexico for a book fair when our own libraries are either closing or reducing staff.

This latest move does not suprise me.

Old 05-12-2010, 04:33 PM

3,869 posts, read 3,183,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patmsb1 View Post
I would simply charge LA more money for there electricity or just cut the juice off right now if they want to continue with this boycott.
They won't have to.LA and California will be FLOODED with Arizona's Illegal Alien Losers and this will make things much worse here.The we will see how long the welcome lasts.

Old 05-12-2010, 04:47 PM

25,397 posts, read 16,444,308 times
It's time for a backlash against CA municipalities. With a little luck, there will be sufficient backlash by non-criminal residents in this country to boycott the entire state of CA.

Old 05-12-2010, 05:08 PM

86 posts, read 220,669 times
California needs to worry about their own issues and leave Arizona alone. Arizona has its own government, we don't need city governments in other states telling our state what to enforce or what to do.

All of this boycotting sends a message that California's gov't supports illegal immigration...they should be protecting their residents and securing their borders too. Sad.

Old 05-12-2010, 05:09 PM

525 posts, read 922,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
The OP needs to do her research.L.A. will probably be Bankrupt in the next year or so,thanks to it's Ultra Liberal Mexican American Mayor and the Dems in the State Legislature led by his Ultra Liberal,Gay cousin.See how it's done,just like in Mexico(Nepotism and Corruption).Karen Bass issued her dept. raises when the State was having layoffs(LA's Mayor's daughter works for her)..LA is a perfect example of what mass Illegal Immigration has done for it's enclaves graffitti,tagging,gang banging,overcrowded freeways,schools,ER,crime and all the rest.Former L.A. Mayor Riordan warns of city bankruptcy risk, says labor costs must be slashed | Money & Company | Los Angeles Times Instead of meddling in Arizona's affairs LA needs to deal with it's more pressing issues of solvency.
L.A. may stop footing bills for sidewalk and driveway repairs | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times
L.A. City Council's budget committee recommends 1,000 more job cuts - latimes.com
Schwarzenegger Warns Of "Terrible Cuts, Absolutely Terrible Cuts" Coming In California And the rest of California is also in for a rude awakening.
YES I totally agree with you and I am stuck here in Los Angeles for the next few years (unfortunately). I see exactly what you were describing above everyday (the graffiti, tagging, gang banging, overcrowded freeways, schools, ER, crime and all the rest).

Old 05-12-2010, 05:25 PM

13,692 posts, read 15,189,823 times
I wonder how long it's gonna take before Arizona has enough of stupid California lawmakers and they decide to turn out the lights at Los Angeles City Hall, SF City Hall, the homes of Both mayors, and the governator. I soooo wish they would!

Old 05-12-2010, 05:28 PM

13,081 posts, read 21,258,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I wonder how long it's gonna take before Arizona has enough of stupid California lawmakers and they decide to turn out the lights at Los Angeles City Hall, SF City Hall, the homes of Both mayors, and the governator.
Well, I am guessing those entities just might be late on payment somewhere in the near future, based on the dwindling funds CA is experiencing...I hope they do cut off the power! Something has to wake these jerks up already to see they are not doing a good job of representing their constituents.

Old 05-12-2010, 05:31 PM

13,692 posts, read 15,189,823 times
I can't WAIT till election day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or