Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 08:58 PM

264 posts, read 457,361 times

Advertisements

"Pennsylvania Rep. Daryl Metcalfe Unveils Immigration Enforcement Bill"

Quote:
Pennsylvania State Rep. Daryl Metcalfe has offered a bill similar to Arizona's new immigration enforcement law that would give police in the state power to enforce immigration laws. Rep. Metcalfe said the state has an estimated 140,000 illegal aliens.

HB2479 would provide state and local law enforcement with full authority to apprehend Pennsylvania’s estimated 140,000 illegal aliens and several other sweeping reform measures, including...
Pennsylvania Rep. Daryl Metcalfe Unveils Immigration Enforcement Bill | NumbersUSA - For Lower Immigration Levels
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2010, 09:00 PM

6,327 posts, read 9,154,568 times
You beat me to my thread on this by a minute LOL. I'm assuming that majority of those 140,000 are in the Philly area since it's rare to see Hispanics in Western PA.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:13 PM

61 posts, read 75,954 times
Good!

Old 05-04-2010, 09:14 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,916 times
Yea, Philli and probably Pittsburgh are one of the "hubs" for illegal immigrants. Almost all illegal immigrants I know say that they originally went to Chicago and then they made their way to other states. I am pretty sure I heard the same thing about either Philli or Pittsburgh. They have their cities that they usually go to to get with their families that are either here illegally or legally and then they go to another state. Of course, they have to go through the other states first, but they think it is worth it.

Writing this makes me realize that there should be intelligence agencies devoted to illegal immigration just like we have for terrorism. I don't think one needs to be created, of course, but illegal immigration is just like any other form of organized crime.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:22 PM

6,327 posts, read 9,154,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Yea, Philli and probably Pittsburgh are one of the "hubs" for illegal immigrants. Almost all illegal immigrants I know say that they originally went to Chicago and then they made their way to other states. I am pretty sure I heard the same thing about either Philli or Pittsburgh. They have their cities that they usually go to to get with their families that are either here illegally or legally and then they go to another state. Of course, they have to go through the other states first, but they think it is worth it.

Writing this makes me realize that there should be intelligence agencies devoted to illegal immigration just like we have for terrorism. I don't think one needs to be created, of course, but illegal immigration is just like any other form of organized crime.
Not in Pittsburgh; trust me I live here. Just about all the people you see in construction, hotels, restaurants (some of the shady national ones are a small exception), and landscaping here are white or black. Allegheny County is only about 1% Hispanic.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:29 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,029,439 times
one by one all the states will pick up after the useless feds.obama must be feeling ashamed of himself for doing nothing. this is the new adopt a federal law not being enforced program.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:58 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
one by one all the states will pick up after the useless feds.obama must be feeling ashamed of himself for doing nothing. this is the new adopt a federal law not being enforced program.
Obama feel shame? Not likely. Narcissists cannot feel such "average person" emotions.

Old 05-05-2010, 12:39 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
Think of the Civil Rights Movement in reverse where illegal immigration is concerned----------public opinion is tilting AGAINST any sort of amnesty towards a bunch of illegal aliens (including DREAMies) AKA criminals.

Old 05-05-2010, 12:45 PM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
Good for PA

Old 05-05-2010, 12:54 PM

470 posts, read 462,021 times
Yes, good for PA! Now come on NJ, let's get this ball rolling too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration